Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I
Okay that is all good then. Just trying to rule out the obvious stuff first.

Other option is to try a different version of forscan if you aren't using the newest version or a beta version and see if that works.
I am using the latest version, I guess I'll try another computer tomorrow.
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Next features I plan to work on since it shouldn't take much to get them working if one key parameter is determined, 1 driver alert system and 2 lane assist.

Both these packages are part of the extra Ford Copilot 360 package and to make them work first the front facing camera which is on my windshield needs to be turned on. If it can then those work off that camera.

So workflow is as follows.

1. Get the front facing camera working.

If that works then

2. First enable driver alert system and get it working to confirm the camera is on and active.

3a. Try to then enable lane assist without changing the direction switch on the steering column since according to the owner's manual you can force it on using mykey. That requires programming 1 of the 2 keys then getting it all working.

3b. If 3a works without the correct switch and even if it doesn't get the correct left hand direction switch and get switch working alongside lane assist in the cluster. The switch replacement is straight foward, 2 torx screws and a wire connector and the switch assembly comes out just need to remove both the upper and lower steering column covers to get to both screws. The switch needed from my limited research looks to only be used on a Ford Maverick but I haven't found the exact part number for it yet. Either way it looks to be a $30ish part.
I have to walk this back a little bit, the housing for the camera is installed on the windshield, I don't know if the actual camera module is inside the housing as of yet. I'll report back once I crack it open to look.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Long story short, good news the XL without copilot 360 does have an active front facing camera. Bad news pending verification the Image Processing Module may not have the functionality for the driver alert or lane assist.

The part number on the module is NZ6T - 19H406 - CD

If anyone reading this with copilot 360 installed on their system can they verify what part number the image processing module is in their vehicle. The black cover will pop loose above the mirror and it is right there once you do.

Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel module

Last edited:

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to walk this back a little bit, the housing for the camera is installed on the windshield, I don't know if the actual camera module is inside the housing as of yet. I'll report back once I crack it open to look.
Gotcha, I sprang for the 360 package on my XL assuming it would be needed to ever have adaptive Cruise, but it would be good to know if everything is already there without it! I am still pre-production so I guess I could cancel it.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gotcha, I sprang for the 360 package on my XL assuming it would be needed to ever have adaptive Cruise, but it would be good to know if everything is already there without it! I am still pre-production so I guess I could cancel it.
You'll most likely need to buy the radar sensor and/or wiring to get it working. There already is a fuse in the box for it and it is most likely a case of plugging the radar sensor into a harness then turning things on with forscan.

Also you may want to get a VIN of a Maverick with adaptive cruise control and go to your local Ford dealer and have the parts department use that VIN to get part number for the image processing module used on that and then do the same with your VIN to verify the part numbers match else you might be wasting your time buying the radar sensor.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Getting the powered mirrors alone is worth the cost of CP360. The camera is just an added bonus.

I'd sick with it!

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Long story short, good news the XL without copilot 360 does have an active front facing camera. Bad news pending verification the Image Processing Module may not have the functionality for the driver alert or lane assist.

The part number on the module is NZ6T - 19H406 - CD

If anyone reading this with copilot 360 installed on their system can they verify what part number the image processing module is in their vehicle. The black cover will pop loose above the mirror and it is right there once you do.

module.jpg
I'm pretty sure every Maverick regardless of trim level would have this for the pre-collision assistance/emergency braking that is a standard safety feature. That being said, I would think that the active cruise would somehow require the bumper radar sensors (From copilot 360) in addition to the front radar sensor and wiring harness. I mostly ordered CP360 for the power mirrors but I also like the lane change warnings and figured it would be necessary if I ever wanted to retrofit ACC. I know my last vehicle with ACC could tell when a vehicle next to me was entering my lane which I assume was a function of the radar sensors in the bumper corners.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm pretty sure every Maverick regardless of trim level would have this for the pre-collision assistance/emergency braking that is a standard safety feature. That being said, I would think that the active cruise would somehow require the bumper radar sensors (From copilot 360) in addition to the front radar sensor and wiring harness. I mostly ordered CP360 for the power mirrors but I also like the lane change warnings and figured it would be necessary if I ever wanted to retrofit ACC. I know my last vehicle with ACC could tell when a vehicle next to me was entering my lane which I assume was a function of the radar sensors in the bumper corners.
It does and regular cruise control and a few other features, when I unplugged it those 2 were specific module error codes I got along with a few in SCCM and BCM, IPMA and a few others.

The bigger issue is whether the image processing module on the 360 Copilot package is the same one as included in the Lariat luxury package has the adaptive cruise control.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Getting the powered mirrors alone is worth the cost of CP360. The camera is just an added bonus.

I'd sick with it!
To fully retrofit a 360 system doing it by the piece is looking like a money loser and much cheaper to just have had the vehicle built with it when ordered or see if a dealer can install the whole package for about $650.

I agree on the mirrors, anything but the stock XL mirrors would be an improvement. They work but they are seriously old school spartan in design.

Wholepilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick xl hybrid
I have been unable so far to write the ABS values. I get "Service procedure has been interrupted."
I’m receiving the same issue as well.
was able to write the other two values but not the Abs value

Sponsored

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'd sick with it!
Gotcha, will stick with it. So sounds like we just need someone with a Lariat Lux to pop the trim off their windshield camera and give up some part numbers?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gotcha, will stick with it. So sounds like we just need someone with a Lariat Lux to pop the trim off their windshield camera and give up some part numbers?
Yeah and for a non Lariat with Copilot 360 so we can compare the part numbers. We know what the module part number is without Copilot 360 so far.

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah and for a non Lariat with Copilot 360 so we can compare the part numbers. We know what the module part number is without Copilot 360 so far.
Let's do this proper. Here is a spreadsheet for people to put in the codes, and maybe start tracking stuff.

Last edited:

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had a few pm on this also.

My suggestion is go to the forum over at forscan.org and report the problem there with the logging info and let them see if it something they need to resolve with a software update.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid or Ecoboost? I am starting to think this is a hybrid problem.

I am going to try another computer, when I get the chance.

If you come up with a solution, please post it here!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.