Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate you asking this, I forgot to take a photo showing why you need both left and right clusters!

Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel 20220115_164337

To the left is my Cruise Control wheel, and the right is my original non-Cruise Control wheel. You can see that the clusters on both sides are distinct - if you just replace the left cluster, even if that arrangement would work with the truck's computer (I believe @Tyvemattis tested that it won't) you would lose your phone buttons and forward skip/back skip audio buttons. While you don't need a whole wheel, you will 100% need left and right clusters for your wheel.
Sponsored

MavTruk

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
I recently got my OBD cable and took a look around forscan and noticed that you can just edit the values without diving into the As Built Formatted versions. Is there a reason to edit the hex values there instead of using the GUI with the options?

Screenshot 2022-01-14 233352.png

Screenshot 2022-01-14 233542.png

BTW, I'm running an XL Hybrid with CP360, so that might be a first.
can you send me those forscan version

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
On the heated seats further research says you'll need to replace the climate control button unit on the dash with one in an XLT with a single zone and heated seat buttons. The plastic shroud snaps out easily and you just need to unbolt and put the the one with the heated seats button in. What I don't know is if that has a separate connector for the heated seats or needs to be wired into the existing harness right now. If anyone with an XLT and heated seats wants to pop the shroud loose and take a picture and post that will help some in lieu of a wiring diagram.
You can also get the HVAC controls from an escape, EcoSport or I believe bronco sport. I purchased a leather heated steering wheel from an escape along with the HVAC controls with buttons for heated wheel and seats all for 160 from a salvage yard. I don't have a Maverick yet but I'm going to do my best to get cruise, heated wheel and seats working on my XL when I get it. I've installed aftermarket heated seat kits before but I want this to all look completely factory.

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before people start writing any codes with Forscan, make sure you backup all of your modules that contain "(AS BUILT format)". That way you can flash these back if you ever have to return your vehicle to the dealer for any issues. Here is a good video on how to do it.

p.s. Thanks to Tyvemattis for doing the heavy lifting with this must have mod!

Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently have a 2020 Explorer wheel in my truck with paddle shifters. Ive read in the f150 forums that they had to replace the cluster and shifter with the M for manual mode. The BS and Escapes with Manual mode have an M on the shifter selector. Right now I've been meaning to pull my dash apart and see how the maverick gauge cluster bolts in, so i can try and find an explorer, escape, or bronco sport cluster with the bigger screen to swap, along with the gear selector. I have tried a few things to get the paddles to work with no luck yet. I also don't know if its a difference in the explorer shifters vs the escape/BS but I like the explorer steering wheel more.
why not try a escape full digital cluster. That would be worth the upgrade to all trims.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
why not try a escape full digital cluster. That would be worth the upgrade to all trims.
I'm working on pulling my cluster out to check the mounting points. They all mount different it looks like, so that's why I was gonna cross reference the other 3 and see if one fits. Otherwise wait for an XLT or lariat cluster

unclerunkle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm working on pulling my cluster out to check the mounting points. They all mount different it looks like, so that's why I was gonna cross reference the other 3 and see if one fits. Otherwise wait for an XLT or lariat cluster
This thread is pretty interesting on the escape cluster. The "mid series" cluster shown looks identical to the lariat cluster on the maverick.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can also get the HVAC controls from an escape, EcoSport or I believe bronco sport. I purchased a leather heated steering wheel from an escape along with the HVAC controls with buttons for heated wheel and seats all for 160 from a salvage yard. I don't have a Maverick yet but I'm going to do my best to get cruise, heated wheel and seats working on my XL when I get it. I've installed aftermarket heated seat kits before but I want this to all look completely factory.
I never really used my heated seats much, but I had one car with a heated steering wheel. I loved it!

Is there sufficient electrical power in the existing steering column wiring for a heated wheel? Just need to find a heated wheel or are there other pieces needed?

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I never really used my heated seats much, but I had one car with a heated steering wheel. I loved it!

Is there sufficient electrical power in the existing steering column wiring for a heated wheel? Just need to find a heated wheel or are there other pieces needed?
You're probably going to need the clockspring as well and unfortunately it seems like salvage yards are hesitant to sell those used for some reason.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've ordered the buttons, and I'm eagerly looking forward to adding cruise control to my XL. I wish that someone who has already done this would make a condensed step-by-step guide with all of the nitty gritty details, but maybe I'll do it--assuming that I get through the process relatively smoothly.

MaverickHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've ordered the buttons, and I'm eagerly looking forward to adding cruise control to my XL. I wish that someone who has already done this would make a condensed step-by-step guide with all of the nitty gritty details, but maybe I'll do it--assuming that I get through the process relatively smoothly.
I don't think anyone has done it yet with just the buttons so you might be breaking new grounds!

I ended up getting a new wheel as per the pic above as my plan is to eventually add ACC. I got the radar sensor already. I will write it up as soon as I'm done.

Cheers!

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think anyone has done it yet with just the buttons so you might be breaking new grounds!

I ended up getting a new wheel as per the pic above as my plan is to eventually add ACC. I got the radar sensor already. I will write it up as soon as I'm done.

Cheers!
Looks like you'll need the following switches for adaptive cruise control besides the radar sensor.
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/switches/cruise-control-switch-13094681-1

LH Switch
part# SW8585

RH Switch
Part# SW8576

The left hand switch is currently out of stock there but according to the fitment options it is the same switch used on 2020 - 2023 Explorers and Escapes so the junkyard or ebay are viable alternatives. I didn't find the sensor yet on the site but am willing to bet it is the same one used the Explorers and Escapes that use switch SW8585.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.