First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found a vin for an XLT with cruise control.
VIN# 3FTTW8F90NRA16822
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/steering/steering-parts-other/steering-wheel-13652633-1

It is indeed SW8576 and SW8579 for the switches for a Maverick with standard cruise control according to them. Those switches and in turn steering wheels that should be plug and play swapable also apply to 2020 - 2023 Escapes and Explorers and 2021 - 2023 Bronco Sports.
Thanks for your footwork with this!

I got a kick out of this article

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/2022-ford-maverick-xl-will-not-get-dealer-added-cruise-control/

If the world only knew its a less that $100 upgrade lol

Car radio places could offer it for $500 and make a killing.

Last edited:

phly95

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently got my OBD cable and took a look around forscan and noticed that you can just edit the values without diving into the As Built Formatted versions. Is there a reason to edit the hex values there instead of using the GUI with the options?

Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel Screenshot 2022-01-14 233352

Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel Screenshot 2022-01-14 233542

BTW, I'm running an XL Hybrid with CP360, so that might be a first.

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recently got my OBD cable and took a look around forscan and noticed that you can just edit the values without diving into the As Built Formatted versions. Is there a reason to edit the hex values there instead of using the GUI with the options?

Screenshot 2022-01-14 233352.png

Screenshot 2022-01-14 233542.png

BTW, I'm running an XL Hybrid with CP360, so that might be a first.
From my previous experience with Forscan, both are valid options.

In this case you are editing more than just the steering wheel controls, and is somewhat easier to do multiple edits in the other view.

Make a backup first!

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder what the odds are that Ford will release a software update that will disable this hack? I hate to think they would, but we can guess what would likely happen if Apple or Tesla made the Maverick.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder what the odds are that Ford will release a software update that will disable this hack? I hate to think they would, but we can guess what would likely happen if Apple or Tesla made the Maverick.
People have been using forscan for years on other Ford vehicles. I updated a 2013 C-max to a sync 3 radio and used Forscan to update the settings. It got an over the air update and still worked fine.

If it were to get disabled by a software update you could just re-enable after.

As far as a "locked bootloader" to prevent changing your as built setting, it's not going to happen. The canbus protocol has been unchanged for a decade or more in Ford cars. It's one of the main advantages of a Ford over, say, a Jeep.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone in a warm climate want to dig under the seat of their xl and see if there is any wiring laying under there? Trying to see if the wiring for power/heated seats is even in these.
Looked under my seat and the short answer is probably not unless they put the heating elements in the seat and hid the wires. With that said if they didn't, you can buy and install the elements and get the correcting wiring kit for them. That or cannibalize the wiring harness and possibly the elements for an Escape, Bronco, Expedition, Focus in a junk yard or online. The wiring kit Motorcraft part# is WPT1706, they sell for about $40 new and are used on 6 different Ford models to hook up the heating elements some going back as far as 2010. I just don't know where the switch goes if on the seat or in the dash.

I think heated seats and should doable once you also get the right climate control unit and if needed use forscan to turn on the buttons after wiring it up and installing the heating elements if they aren't already in the seats. Same with the heated steering.

Last edited:

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the heated seats further research says you'll need to replace the climate control button unit on the dash with one in an XLT with a single zone and heated seat buttons. The plastic shroud snaps out easily and you just need to unbolt and put the the one with the heated seats button in. What I don't know is if that has a separate connector for the heated seats or needs to be wired into the existing harness right now. If anyone with an XLT and heated seats wants to pop the shroud loose and take a picture and post that will help some in lieu of a wiring diagram.

Sponsored

tlee2922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Subaru Forester
I just want to say thank you to everyone on this board especially Tyvemattis. My Maverick XL now has factory cruise control! The lack of cruise was the one option that had me regretting my purchase. The relief of getting it working is incredible.

I replaced my stock switches with...

SW-8597 and SW8576

and used Forscan to edit the values Tyvemattis noted.

I've never done anything like this so I was a bit scared, especially removing the airbag. Once I got into it everything went smoothly. I did have some issues getting Forscan to work but found a test beta someone posted that worked great.

I've only tested a bit but so far everything is working flawlessly.

Thank you all again!
Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel PXL_20220115_195338833

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just want to say thank you to everyone on this board especially Tyvemattis. My Maverick XL now has factory cruise control! The lack of cruise was the one option that had me regretting my purchase. The relief of getting it working is incredible.

SW-8597 and SW8576

I've never done anything like this so I was a bit scared, especially removing the airbag. Once I got into it everything went smoothly. I did have some issues getting Forscan to work but found a test beta someone posted that worked great.

Thank you all again!
PXL_20220115_195338833.jpg
What beta version of forscan did you use to do the programming? I ordered all the parts and forscan cable and am just waiting on everything to arrive. Great job in getting it working.

Last edited:

tlee2922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Subaru Forester

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

SW-8597 and SW8576

Thank you all again!
PXL_20220115_195338833.jpg
Welcome to the club man! Hoping we're the first of many (and already looking forward to more fun hacks for the future)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.