First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI I found my 2020 escape wheel with leather for only a few bucks more and the leather is actually pretty nice. Might be worth the wait. If you buy this you're essentially just getting the same vinyl wheel with the different switches. The two switches alone could be had for a lot less than 100 plus shipping and the swap is really easy if you do want to just keep the XL vinyl wheel to save money.
Agreed with the switches. Probably half the price. Junk yards will often take offers however.

Maybe OP can update the first post with the links to the switches.
Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe OP can update the first post with the links to the switches.
Probably should wait until someone orders, receives, and sucessfully activates with the new switches. Until then, we are not 100% sure we are ordering the right switches.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I currently have a 2020 Explorer wheel in my truck with paddle shifters. Ive read in the f150 forums that they had to replace the cluster and shifter with the M for manual mode. The BS and Escapes with Manual mode have an M on the shifter selector. Right now I've been meaning to pull my dash apart and see how the maverick gauge cluster bolts in, so i can try and find an explorer, escape, or bronco sport cluster with the bigger screen to swap, along with the gear selector. I have tried a few things to get the paddles to work with no luck yet. I also don't know if its a difference in the explorer shifters vs the escape/BS but I like the explorer steering wheel more.

Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh man, that sweet sweet leather. I'm still keeping my eyes open for a decently priced leather wheel.
I've seen some leather wraps that were relatively inexpensive from fleabay or amazon. May go that route.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably should wait until someone orders, receives, and sucessfully activates with the new switches. Until then, we are not 100% sure we are ordering the right switches.
I've been told the switches are different by the dealer looking it up with my VIN than the ones I originally found but no one has pictures or such so what I am going to do is order sets of both left and right hand switches figure out exactly which ones are the correct pair and then post back when I do. There are only 4 listed switches 2 left and 2 right that are for Mavericks. The left hand one should easy enough to tell the right hand one I may have to eat one of the switches and not be able to return it though. Once I have it sorted out I'll post back on what did work.

It would be even easier if anyone with a higher trim that has cruise control can cross check the switches using their vin at a dealer to see what part numbers they come up with.

Last edited:

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been told the switches are different by the dealer looking it up with my VIN than the ones I originally found but no one has pictures or such so what I am going to do is order sets of both left and right hand switches figure out exactly which ones are the correct pair and then post back when I do. There are only 4 listed switches 2 left and 2 right that are for Mavericks. The left hand one should easy enough to tell the right hand one I may have to eat one of the switches and not be able to return it though. Once I have it sorted out I'll post back on what did work.

It would be even easier if anyone with a higher trim that has cruise control can cross check the switches using their vin at a dealer to see what part numbers they come up with.
Yeah using an XL VIN isn't going to show compatibility.

Whoever has purchased used wheels from other cars could also supply the VIN of the donar car from the junk yard, like the escape wheel I posted.

VIN# 1FMCU9G65LUA07177

But obviously I'm not positive that wheel will work (it should).

Here is the Vin from the Lariot sitting in the local lot with a $10k markup

3FTTW8E38NRA01188

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Whoever has purchased used wheels from other cars could also supply the VIN of the donar car from the junk yard, like the escape wheel I posted.

VIN# 1FMCU9G65LUA07177
Well it does since there are cruise control switches that are specifically list as for a 2022 - 23 Maverick. I just don't know if the ones the dealer told me are the stock ones currently in my steering wheel or not since.

The switches they say for that Escape using that vin are SW8579 and SW8576 and are also listed as for a Maverick . Dealer told me the left switch is SW8588 not SW8579. I'll be able to confirm that in a few days since I've already ordered both and only 1 of those switches should have the extra cruise control buttons on it.
Also as an FYI they say these are the same switches on a 2020 - 2023 Explorer and 2021 - 2023 Bronco Sport. Those steering wheels should also be viable swap ins for the Maverick besides the switches.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it does since there are cruise control switches that are specifically list as for a 2022 - 23 Maverick. I just don't know if the ones the dealer told me are the stock ones currently in my steering wheel or not since. I'll be able to figure it out when I get the 2 left hand switches here since the only one will have the cruise control buttons on it.
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why are you only limiting yourself to Maverick switches? They are going to be standard across quite a few cars and it will be obvious that they have cruise control on slightly older cars (where you can see pics)

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To add for anyone wanting to buy the switches only that are used on a 2020 Ford Escape. For the right switch you most likely will need the one without the heads up display.

The Ford part number I found for that is LB5Z9C88F

This is what the heads up display does. Short answer it projects the cluster screen on the lower windshield.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...st-features/what-is-the-ford-head-up-display/

The left switch for cruise control I found the following part numbers

The correct one without adaptive cruise control part number is LJ6Z9C88AB

If anyone wants to install the sensors needed and wants to try to get adaptive cruise control working the part number for that button is LB5Z9C88H

Thanks for all the great work users here have done on getting this working so far.
Thanks for the detail.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks like I will have time and all parts together to give this a try next Wednesday (19th).

Can anyone point me to the version of Forscan (still beta?) that seems to be working best for this purpose?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

VIN# 1FMCU9G65LUA07177

3FTTW8E38NRA01188
Thanks and that confirms at least for the left switch SW8576 is the correct cruise control switch for both the Maverick and Escape according to Ford using parts.ford.com. Final verification is when I get both in hand. I can return one afterwards so that is not an issue just need to confirm the right hand switch next. The don't have one listed for that VIN right now.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

VIN# 1FMCU9G65LUA07177

3FTTW8E38NRA01188
Once again, we can buy Maverick XLT switches which are a match for the Escape S and SE. You can find plenty of VINs online at dealers offering XLTs for sale.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.