First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely viable if you find a similarly equipped wheel, that is only if you want keep the stock steering wheel and swap out the switches.

Why would you like to keep a cheap plastic wheel? TBH the leather wheel makes the car IMHO. It doesn't feel nor look like an XL anylonger. I'm actually surprised the the XLTs also come with the same wheel...
Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you like to keep a cheap plastic wheel? TBH the leather wheel makes the car IMHO. It doesn't feel nor look like an XL anylonger. I'm actually surprised the the XLTs also come with the same wheel...
Because it's cheap.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MankDeems

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger 4X4 XLT, 04 Mazda6, 17 ninja300
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone have an update for paddle shifters for 2.0 AWD owners? I'll Venmo $50 to the first writeup with links that works when my XLT shows up

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone have an update for paddle shifters for 2.0 AWD owners? I'll Venmo $50 to the first writeup with links that works when my XLT shows up
I'm having a hard time figuring out the paddles. I've tried a lot of stuff so far, but theres a few BCM changes I'm afraid to brick my truck with.

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having a hard time figuring out the paddles. I've tried a lot of stuff so far, but theres a few BCM changes I'm afraid to brick my truck with.
Hmm... it's that a possibility? Can you get to the point that the BCM cannot be restored to defaults with Forscan?

The only scenario I can see where that could happen is if it no longer reads the key and cannot be put into accessory mode... But can that happen with a physical key?

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm... it's that a possibility? Can you get to the point that the BCM cannot be restored to defaults with Forscan?

The only scenario I can see where that could happen is if it no longer reads the key and cannot be put into accessory mode... But can that happen with a physical key?
The Forscan developers warn that it’s possible to damage a vehicle, so I think that it’s wise to be cautious.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Well thats the thing, I have about 5 or 6 BCM lines that are different between the vehicles, but all of the vehicles with paddle shifters are Keyless start vehicles. I don't want to change one that has to do with the keyless part and the truck doesn't have the key info anymore. That would be worst case. I'm too new to forscan to know if thats an actual thing or not.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well thats the thing, I have about 5 or 6 BCM lines that are different between the vehicles, but all of the vehicles with paddle shifters are Keyless start vehicles. I don't want to change one that has to do with the keyless part and the truck doesn't have the key info anymore. That would be worst case. I'm too new to forscan to know if thats an actual thing or not.
It's certainly a thing with wireless keys. Only the dealership or a Ford certified locksmith can rekey the BCM.

I don't know if it is possible to "unkey" a physical key. I don't really see how it could happen since it's a mechanical connection. I guess maybe the BCM could be put into a state where it no longer reads that connection...

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's certainly a thing with wireless keys. Only the dealership or a Ford certified locksmith can rekey the BCM.

I don't know if it is possible to "unkey" a physical key. I don't really see how it could happen since it's a mechanical connection. I guess maybe the BCM could be put into a state where it no longer reads that connection...
Yeah, its all wires, if it shuts off those wires thinking its looking for a button, I'm not sure what would happen. And my buddy from the ford dealer just got a different job so he's not sure he can grab the computer and bring it home yet

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Worse case scenario the a changed setting doesn't energize a switch somewhere along the electrical, you can bypass that with a remote switch as a temporary measure while you figure out what isn't work and see if you can reset it. My take is you really should have a shop manual or some sort of wiring diagram before hacking around with stuff like this. It makes it much easier to troubleshoot.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Worse case scenario the a changed setting doesn't energize a switch somewhere along the electrical, you can bypass that with a remote switch as a temporary measure while you figure out what isn't work and see if you can reset it. My take is you really should have a shop manual or some sort of wiring diagram before hacking around with stuff like this. It makes it much easier to troubleshoot.
Yeah, if only that stuff was out already! haha

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/Pricing
I just checked website it $21.95 for 72 hour access which includes
Service Publications** - All Vehicles/All Model Years

**Workshop Manuals, Wiring Diagrams, PowerTrain Control and Emission Diagnostic Manuals

You also have this supposed release date was Dec. 31st of 2021. Bit pricy but it covers all the makes and models.
https://www.factoryrepairmanuals.co...ctory-service-manual-cd-original-shop-repair/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.