XL
First Name
name
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Trim
XL
Yeah using an XL VIN isn't going to show compatibility.

Whoever has purchased used wheels from other cars could also supply the VIN of the donar car from the junk yard, like the escape wheel I posted.

VIN# 1FMCU9G65LUA07177
Well it does since there are cruise control switches that are specifically list as for a 2022 - 23 Maverick. I just don't know if the ones the dealer told me are the stock ones currently in my steering wheel or not since.

The switches they say for that Escape using that vin are SW8579 and SW8576 and are also listed as for a Maverick . Dealer told me the left switch is SW8588 not SW8579. I'll be able to confirm that in a few days since I've already ordered both and only 1 of those switches should have the extra cruise control buttons on it.
Also as an FYI they say these are the same switches on a 2020 - 2023 Explorer and 2021 - 2023 Bronco Sport. Those steering wheels should also be viable swap ins for the Maverick besides the switches.
Advertisement

Last edited:

Telemachus

XL
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Trim
XL
Well it does since there are cruise control switches that are specifically list as for a 2022 - 23 Maverick. I just don't know if the ones the dealer told me are the stock ones currently in my steering wheel or not since. I'll be able to figure it out when I get the 2 left hand switches here since the only one will have the cruise control buttons on it.
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is why are you only limiting yourself to Maverick switches? They are going to be standard across quite a few cars and it will be obvious that they have cruise control on slightly older cars (where you can see pics)

uh50

XL
First Name
Howard
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Trim
XL
Vehicle Showcase
To add for anyone wanting to buy the switches only that are used on a 2020 Ford Escape. For the right switch you most likely will need the one without the heads up display.

The Ford part number I found for that is LB5Z9C88F

This is what the heads up display does. Short answer it projects the cluster screen on the lower windshield.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...st-features/what-is-the-ford-head-up-display/

The left switch for cruise control I found the following part numbers

The correct one without adaptive cruise control part number is LJ6Z9C88AB

If anyone wants to install the sensors needed and wants to try to get adaptive cruise control working the part number for that button is LB5Z9C88H

Thanks for all the great work users here have done on getting this working so far.
Thanks for the detail.

Bushpilot

XL
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Trim
XL
It looks like I will have time and all parts together to give this a try next Wednesday (19th).

Can anyone point me to the version of Forscan (still beta?) that seems to be working best for this purpose?

Maverick2022XL

XL
First Name
name
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Trim
XL

Whoever has purchased used wheels from other cars could also supply the VIN of the donar car from the junk yard, like the escape wheel I posted.

VIN# 1FMCU9G65LUA07177

But obviously I'm not positive that wheel will work (it should).

Here is the Vin from the Lariot sitting in the local lot with a $10k markup

3FTTW8E38NRA01188
Thanks and that confirms at least for the left switch SW8576 is the correct cruise control switch for both the Maverick and Escape according to Ford using parts.ford.com. Final verification is when I get both in hand. I can return one afterwards so that is not an issue just need to confirm the right hand switch next. The don't have one listed for that VIN right now.

uh50

XL
First Name
Howard
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Trim
XL
Vehicle Showcase

VIN# 1FMCU9G65LUA07177

But obviously I'm not positive that wheel will work (it should).

Here is the Vin from the Lariot sitting in the local lot with a $10k markup

3FTTW8E38NRA01188
Once again, we can buy Maverick XLT switches which are a match for the Escape S and SE. You can find plenty of VINs online at dealers offering XLTs for sale.

Maverick2022XL

XL
First Name
name
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Trim
XL

Telemachus

XL
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Trim
XL
I found a vin for an XLT with cruise control.
VIN# 3FTTW8F90NRA16822
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/steering/steering-parts-other/steering-wheel-13652633-1

It is indeed SW8576 and SW8579 for the switches for a Maverick with standard cruise control according to them. Those switches and in turn steering wheels that should be plug and play swapable also apply to 2020 - 2023 Escapes and Explorers and 2021 - 2023 Bronco Sports.
Thanks for your footwork with this!

I got a kick out of this article

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/2022-ford-maverick-xl-will-not-get-dealer-added-cruise-control/

If the world only knew its a less that $100 upgrade lol

Car radio places could offer it for $500 and make a killing.

Last edited:

phly95

XL
First Name
Philip
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Trim
XL
I recently got my OBD cable and took a look around forscan and noticed that you can just edit the values without diving into the As Built Formatted versions. Is there a reason to edit the hex values there instead of using the GUI with the options?

Screenshot 2022-01-14 233352.png

Screenshot 2022-01-14 233542.png

BTW, I'm running an XL Hybrid with CP360, so that might be a first.

Telemachus

XL
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Trim
XL
I recently got my OBD cable and took a look around forscan and noticed that you can just edit the values without diving into the As Built Formatted versions. Is there a reason to edit the hex values there instead of using the GUI with the options?

Screenshot 2022-01-14 233352.png

Screenshot 2022-01-14 233542.png

BTW, I'm running an XL Hybrid with CP360, so that might be a first.
From my previous experience with Forscan, both are valid options.

In this case you are editing more than just the steering wheel controls, and is somewhat easier to do multiple edits in the other view.

Make a backup first!

TobyGadd

XL
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Mitsubishi i-Miev
Trim
XL
I wonder what the odds are that Ford will release a software update that will disable this hack? I hate to think they would, but we can guess what would likely happen if Apple or Tesla made the Maverick.

Telemachus

XL
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Trim
XL
I wonder what the odds are that Ford will release a software update that will disable this hack? I hate to think they would, but we can guess what would likely happen if Apple or Tesla made the Maverick.
People have been using forscan for years on other Ford vehicles. I updated a 2013 C-max to a sync 3 radio and used Forscan to update the settings. It got an over the air update and still worked fine.

If it were to get disabled by a software update you could just re-enable after.

As far as a "locked bootloader" to prevent changing your as built setting, it's not going to happen. The canbus protocol has been unchanged for a decade or more in Ford cars. It's one of the main advantages of a Ford over, say, a Jeep.

Maverick2022XL

XL
First Name
name
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Trim
XL
Does anyone in a warm climate want to dig under the seat of their xl and see if there is any wiring laying under there? Trying to see if the wiring for power/heated seats is even in these.
Looked under my seat and the short answer is probably not unless they put the heating elements in the seat and hid the wires. With that said if they didn't, you can buy and install the elements and get the correcting wiring kit for them. That or cannibalize the wiring harness and possibly the elements for an Escape, Bronco, Expedition, Focus in a junk yard or online. The wiring kit Motorcraft part# is WPT1706, they sell for about $40 new and are used on 6 different Ford models to hook up the heating elements some going back as far as 2010. I just don't know where the switch goes if on the seat or in the dash.

I think heated seats and should doable once you also get the right climate control unit and if needed use forscan to turn on the buttons after wiring it up and installing the heating elements if they aren't already in the seats. Same with the heated steering.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Advertisement