First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xl
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, so I ordered xlt steering wheel controls, I am keeping steering wheel just changing control switches. What is best forscan to get for this and does anyone have the step by step and or codes for this exact setup, switches only keeping wheel? Thanks so much, I am very nervous about doing this, not good with computers etc.
Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, so I ordered xlt steering wheel controls, I am keeping steering wheel just changing control switches. What is best forscan to get for this and does anyone have the step by step and or codes for this exact setup, switches only keeping wheel? Thanks so much, I am very nervous about doing this, not good with computers etc.
Look at the post 2 before yours

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just tested the change on my XL hybrid. All seems good.

Download the latest version of Forscan and watch the linked tutorials. I assume you mean the best adapter, not the best Forscan. I used the vLinker as it was less expensive, but believe OBDLink doesn't require any setup.

Perhaps read through the threads thoroughly to determine the correct settings required for your build.

I used easy programming for the switches in the SCCM module and checked that it made the recommended changes in the advanced settings, then did the BdyCM and ABS module changes in the advanced settings.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...itches-such-as-cruise-control-diy.7358/page-3

Only tools I needed were a tiny flat head screwdriver, T8 torx, and 10mm wrench to unhook the battery negative. Placing a small mirror on the instrument cluster made it easy to see to unlatch the airbag.

HUGE thanks to all the folks that have put in all the work and posted the invaluable information, very much appreciated!

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol, you mean the one posted four posts before yours?
Yeah. That was mine as well. I guess that I'm a broken record. I just want to make sure that people know to use the correct codes.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah. That was mine as well. I guess that I'm a broken record. I just want to make sure that people know to use the correct codes.
I hear you. I'm just not sure how useful it will be in a few pages. If OP could just add a link (acknowledging that he was the pioneer but it has been revamped) it sure would be helpful.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear you. I'm just not sure how useful it will be in a few pages. If OP could just add a link (acknowledging that he was the pioneer but it has been revamped) it sure would be helpful.
True enough. I wish that the @Administrator would update the original post with the new link, and then lock this thread. I would really hate for people to use the old codes.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.