Factory build spec percentages vs orders

DIY Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 Explorer EB, ‘22 Maverick XLT AWD Lux 360 FX4
I’m thinking that some of these percentages are in line with actual order percentages. It seems to be popular opinion that the spray in liner is holding up luxury packages. I believe that to be not true. Why? It seems like a good number of luxury packages are being scheduled.

The data: in @fordvideoguy Tim’s video tonight, the percentages of XLT, Lariat, and their respective luxury packages listed in the “constraints” seem to be roughly in line with the percentages of orders on the forums tracker. According to the forum, about 50% is XLT with 35% luxury. 30% lariat with 34% luxury. So, out of all maverick orders, that puts the xlt Lux at 17.5% and lariat Lux at 10%. According to Tim, the builds are at 20% for xlt Lux and 18% for lariat lux. If anything, to me, this is higher than the stats on this forum, so maybe they are actually aiming to do MORE luxury packages than the order percentages to gain revenue from higher priced models. More likely, our percentages differ slightly from real orders and these percentage actually represent orders.

I do think that some of the things are actually low due to constraints, like the bed covers, mats, extender, etc… those percentages are super low.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This may be a dumb question, but why is it that if the tonneau covers are in short supply at manufacturing but yet at Long McArthur he said in a previous video they have them at his dealership and can install later? That doesn't make sense to me

OP
OP
DIY Dave

DIY Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 Explorer EB, ‘22 Maverick XLT AWD Lux 360 FX4
This may be a dumb question, but why is it that if the tonneau covers are in short supply at manufacturing but yet at Long McArthur he said in a previous video they have them at his dealership and can install later? That doesn't make sense to me
Maybe Ford parts had some, but they don’t have shipping containers of them in Mexico? Pure speculation…

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m thinking that some of these percentages are in line with actual order percentages. It seems to be popular opinion that the spray in liner is holding up luxury packages. I believe that to be not true. Why? It seems like a good number of luxury packages are being scheduled.

The data: in @fordvideoguy Tim’s video tonight, the percentages of XLT, Lariat, and their respective luxury packages listed in the “constraints” seem to be roughly in line with the percentages of orders on the forums tracker. According to the forum, about 50% is XLT with 35% luxury. 30% lariat with 34% luxury. So, out of all maverick orders, that puts the xlt Lux at 17.5% and lariat Lux at 10%. According to Tim, the builds are at 20% for xlt Lux and 18% for lariat lux. If anything, to me, this is higher than the stats on this forum, so maybe they are actually aiming to do MORE luxury packages than the order percentages to gain revenue from higher priced models. More likely, our percentages differ slightly from real orders and these percentage actually represent orders.

I do think that some of the things are actually low due to constraints, like the bed covers, mats, extender, etc… those percentages are super low.
What I've noticed in this forum is virtually no hybrid XLT lux packages with build dates. Those percentages presumably include Ecoboost models.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been thinking along the same lines. Without comparing to the percentages of various packages in the backlog, the actual impact of the reported "constraints" is impossible to assess. In any case, it surely isn't quite as dire as it sounds.

But as JBnorthTX points out, lux packages have to be spread across both Ecoboost and Hybrid...so that's gonna take a bite out of the scheduled Hybrid/XLT/Lux allocations.

Sponsored

bbishop0806

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta
my sales guy telling me the tonneau cover is not holding up the build.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've said this before to others - you and your dealer are probably 100% correct - a tonneau cover isn't a constraint. But...think of this from the perspective of whatever team prepares scheduling every week. This is just my thought, but here goes. Imagine the scheduling team has 10 orders, can only fulfill 8 next week, and 8 of the 10 orders didn't have a tonneau. You as part of the scheduling team work with data and look to complete your work and get trucks assigned to be built as efficiently as possible each week, and use data filters to help make the selections for build. It is highly likely that tonneau cover on those 2 orders could mean the difference in being selected or passed to the next week (again, just a basic example).

Given you have to look at it from the perspective of a scheduling team working with a complex set of data to align builds with scheduling, any added part is added complexity to the order, which could result in a particular build not being chosen. At this point, do you want something that you can purchase separately to potentially hold you up from being picked? Now, I certainly wouldn't remove anything that can't be done outside the factory (rear slider, moon roof, 360, tow, etc) - but why let an accessory potentially hold you up from a build date?

bbishop0806

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiesta
I've said this before to others - you and your dealer are probably 100% correct - a tonneau cover isn't a constraint. But...think of this from the perspective of whatever team prepares scheduling every week. This is just my thought, but here goes. Imagine the scheduling team has 10 orders, can only fulfill 8 next week, and 8 of the 10 orders didn't have a tonneau. You as part of the scheduling team work with data and look to complete your work and get trucks assigned to be built as efficiently as possible each week, and use data filters to help make the selections for build. It is highly likely that tonneau cover on those 2 orders could mean the difference in being selected or passed to the next week (again, just a basic example).

Given you have to look at it from the perspective of a scheduling team working with a complex set of data to align builds with scheduling, any added part is added complexity to the order, which could result in a particular build not being chosen. At this point, do you want something that you can purchase separately to potentially hold you up from being picked? Now, I certainly wouldn't remove anything that can't be done outside the factory (rear slider, moon roof, 360, tow, etc) - but why let an accessory potentially hold you up from a build date?
I'm about ready to remove it tomorrow if i dont get a email. Just at a priority 2 plus nice to roll into the loan versus paying all upfront.....

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Agent called me this morning to go over an email I sent in regards my constraint worries; tonneau cover and spray in bed liner and he too said he hasn't heard of any delays due to that. So I said then lets just leave things alone. I like my choices and I can wait.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would recommend removing the tonneau cover. Three weeks ago I removed the cover from my order and the following week I got scheduled for November 8th. I plan to get an an aftermarket cover for a little less money but higher quality.
Sponsored