First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
" I experimented with the Tremor's drive mode settings in an attempt to enliven the eight-speed transmission's sleepy responses. Ford didn't see fit to endow the Tremor with a sport mode, which seems a shame for a truck that, in 2.0 FX4 trim, hit 60 mph in 5.9 seconds. But I think there are engineers on the inside who see things my way, because Tow/Haul is like an undercover sport mode: the transmission holds lower gears longer, downshifts more aggressively, and the turbo four stays primed to lunge toward peak power the moment you flatten your right foot. If only there were an equivalent workaround for the stability control system."

"You can throw the Maverick into a slide with decent slip angle, but just at the moment you'd hope for that torque-vectoring rear end to start shooting rooster tails of gravel, there's a weary groan as stability control system steps in to straighten everything out and cut the nonsense.
If the nannies could be banished, however temporarily, the Maverick Tremor could be a surprise hit with a crowd that Ford never considered courting. Less expensive than a WRX, with a pickup bed and a 2000-pound tow rating, a rally-ready Maverick Tremor would be a cult hit. Tell me there are at least five of you that are on board with this. Any tuners out there want to jailbreak a Tremor ECU? Ford Performance, are you listening?"

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a42721100/2023-ford-maverick-tremor-almost-great-rally-car/
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Abso-freeking-lutely. I cant stand driveing aids, dont want em and is my main reason for being nervous about driving a modern car. Funny alot of 80s and 90s vehicles had a single mode button that was 99% about the transmission. Holds revs and shifts harder. In cars it would be a performance switch and in trucks it would be a tow/haul switch. Same Same.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It does have sand mode.
If you really were towing a trailer it would probably be a good time to have traction control stability control and sway control turned on.

OP
OP
fossil

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It does have sand mode.
If you really were towing a trailer it would probably be a good time to have traction control stability control and sway control turned on.
Sand mode, that's been my theory as supposedly it allow more wheel spin and more power to the outside rear wheel. I would imagine it also keeps the engine in it's power band as well to avoid getting bogged down in the loose stuff. How about testing that out for us :D
Sponsored