John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No X-plan in Canada.
More power to you if you think it is reasonable for the dealer to get $900 plus the difference between MSRP and Invoice PLUS the 3% holdback PLUS $ for sales volume achievements. -- all because they type in an order, pay for a little gas and wash the vehicle before delivering to you.

It's your money, not mine. I get it.

I guess I am in the "too cheap" or perhaps "too stubborn" category to do that.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got $500 off. Most dealers wanted MSRP + $900. There are two responses: Don't budge or don't even offer.

OP
OP

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got $500 off. Most dealers wanted MSRP + $900. There are two responses: Don't budge or don't even offer.
So you got the Build & Price final # with $500 off? No extra "admin fees", "PDI", etc? or did they ask and you refused? .... sweet result! Thats about what I am aiming for.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you got the Build & Price final # with $500 off? No extra "admin fees", "PDI", etc? or did they ask and you refused? .... sweet result! Thats about what I am aiming for.
I paid $900 in fees. Our taxes and government surcharges dwarf that.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
13% Harmonized Sales Tax to start. That's why if you don't plan to drive it into the ground, lease.

This is going to be my little truck until I retire and sell this 120-year-old city house for someplace in the country that doesn't have a very narrow driveway. If I move to Nova Scotia I'll probably buy an electric truck, build a little house and add 20KW of solar grid-tie and never pay for utilities again, as they net-meter and pay you up to 50K a year surplus.

OP
OP

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
13% Harmonized Sales Tax to start. That's why if you don't plan to drive it into the ground, lease.

This is going to be my little truck until I retire and sell this 120-year-old city house for someplace in the country that doesn't have a very narrow driveway. If I move to Nova Scotia I'll probably buy an electric truck, build a little house and add 20KW of solar grid-tie and never pay for utilities again, as they net-meter and pay you up to 50K a year surplus.
Thats sort of along my plan as well! Small efficient hauler for now... small farm (as off grid as possible) with a bigger BEV truck later. Ford has its audience sized well ;)

Sponsored

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
How much more do you think you will pay if you wait for dealers get to get them on their lots vs ordering now? Seems like if you find the right dealer 3% below invoice is achievable. I saw an article today that said on average people are paying 10-15% above MSRP on Fords currently.

I'm just worried if I don't order now and lock in 3% below invoice now, I'll be paying 15-20% more to have the chance to test drive first.

Anybody have a sense if once dealer stock comes in below invoice pricing will be non-existent?

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
Ha! no kidding....
I find myself being a little more generous with restaurant tips over the past year and I think car dealers are in a similar hardship. These dealerships cost millions to own and operate even in the best of times. Yes, they make money on service and will get whatever they can for new or used cars, but most have limited or no inventory to sell right now. Their business model is based on volume, which they cannot do right now. As a result, their sales and management teams who get paid commissions and volume incentives are the ones being left behind. Donā€™t assume that the MSRP goes very far, and if a dealer is willing to do 3% below invoice, they are giving up maybe $1500. Holdback is what is supposed to pay their marketing and overhead, while the invoice to MSRP gap is margin for employees and profit. I calculated $675 between invoice and MSRP, which pays for the sales ā€œconsultantā€, sales manager, lot porter, etc. I donā€™t expect them to work for free, because I wouldnā€™t.

Prior to 2020 I never would have said this, but paying MSRP and a ā€œreasonableā€œ doc fee for the Maverick is OK by me. Iā€™m guaranteed a test drive before many others and I will have an opportunity to put as many miles as I want on it and likely get every dime of my money back if I choose to part with it. I win either way.

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got invoice plus 3 percent off on an xl. I got pretty bare bones. Only option I got was the plug in the cab which I'll probably never use.

I'm at 20594 with destination.
Is 20,594 before or after tax, title, and plate transfer etc? I'm trying to estimate what 3% off invoice actually is.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Is 20,594 before or after tax, title, and plate transfer etc? I'm trying to estimate what 3% off invoice actually is.
MSRP is 1995... Invoice is 19595. Destination is 1495. Add 19595 and 1495. Multiply it by. 97

Im out the door 23k. Will drop because it does include my trade. Will pay less tax in the end

Are you in the Philly area

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Getting a quote on an XLT 2.0 Ecoboost AWD with XLT luxury package, full size spare, floor liners, tonneau soft cover alto blue paint and Ford co Pilot 360 of $33,995.86 with tax and $75 dealers fee and $10 NYS inspection fee included. Good deal? Sitting around msrp itā€™s looks like before any incentives. I do have the first responder discount of $500 to use as well. Iā€™m hearing prices may go up once next quarter hits and these hit the dealerships. Just want to make sure this is way to go!? Thx
where exactly did you hear that? Would be a dick move on Ford's part and bad PR. People kept assuming that Chevy would do that with the C8 Corvette entry level price but they held the line for at least the 1st full production year.
Sponsored