First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello fellow Maverick Owners/Want to Be Owners!

I closely monitored my Maverick shipping progress from the factory in Hermosillo, Sonora to Portland, Oregon via rail and then vehicle transport from PDX to Mullinax Ford in Olympia, Washington.

Below is a graphic cataloging the journey. The email from Ford notifying me that my truck was shipped initially said 12-28 days. The tracker said 12/18/21. Which would be the 29th day. Better than the "Up to 6 weeks" I was hearing a few months ago that should be typical.

It started out making very fast progress. I thought it might be very early. It made it 3/4 of the way in just 5 days! My first Union Pacific trace said it was going to make it to the Transporter Yard in Portland, Oregon on Saturday, November 27th. That didn't happen. In fact, it stopped for Thanksgiving for 8 days. Then it blew past Portland and started to go up the Columbia River Gorge!!

Then when it finally found its way back to Portland, It took 4-1/2 days bouncing between yards, before finally getting across the city to the correct yard. And then it took a week to get on a Transporter. Two days before final delivery, the Ford Tracker pushed out my delivery date to 12/21. However, it didn't actually need that extra time, beating the original delivery date by two days.

All in all in took 27 days. Pretty darn close to the Ford tracker delivery date. I had a lot of hope along the way for improvements when I saw very good and promising schedule updates. All were dashed at some point.

Hopefully this information will help you all and set your expectations accordingly. Nothing like this existed out there when I was awaiting delivery. Let me know if you have any questions about my experiences or tracking your own shipping. From date of initial reservation, subsequent order and final delivery, it was exactly 6 months to the day.

The wait was worth it. I love my Maverick! See you on the roads out there in our beautiful region!!

Ford Maverick Example of Shipping from Factory to the Pacific Northwest/Cascadia Route20211216
Sponsored

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you know when a transport pick it up?
It changed on http://palsapp.com about 48 hours before being picked up from Null to showing the destination name and city. And when it finally left on a transporter it status changed from Pending to Dispatched.

Palsapp first shows Null, but Pending status the first day mine changed to Shipped in the Ford tracker, and stayed this way for 25 days
Ford Maverick Example of Shipping from Factory to the Pacific Northwest/Cascadia mavshippedup-

Then 25 days later it changed Null to include Destination Info, but still Pending status. This turned out to be 48 hours before being Dispatched.
Ford Maverick Example of Shipping from Factory to the Pacific Northwest/Cascadia 1639595390392-

Then the day it finally left on the auto transporter, it changed to Dispatched. It arrived 8 hours later. It's only a 2 hour drive from PDX to Olympia. Maybe 3 for a trucker. And it may have made stops along the way at other dealers.
Ford Maverick Example of Shipping from Factory to the Pacific Northwest/Cascadia screenshot_20211216-111404-

And this is when it finally arrived at dealer. It statused on Palsapp about 7 hours before the Ford tracker. And my dealer didn't contact me until he next day. I knew well before my sales guy because of Palsapp.
Ford Maverick Example of Shipping from Factory to the Pacific Northwest/Cascadia Screenshot_20211219-020818_Chrome

Last edited:

VelocityBlue

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It changed on http://palsapp.com about 48 hours before being picked up from Null to showing the destination name and city. And when it finally left on a transporter it status changed from Pending to Dispatched.
Palsapp doesn’t work for my vin. do you need to sign in to get the information?

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does it not work, or does it say Null? Also, have you received shipping notification from Ford? Have you traced Union Pacific all the way to final rail yard? AKA Industry

Sponsored

VelocityBlue

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does it not work, or does it say Null? Also, have you received. Upshipping.notification from Ford? Have you traced Union Pacific all the way to final rail yard? AKA Industry
does not work. Even called them they said they don’t have it.
Does it not work, or does it say Null? Also, have you received shipping notification from Ford? Have you traced Union Pacific all the way to final rail yard? AKA Industry
does not work. Up has unloaded it since dec.8.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored
OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it’s about 4 hours away. Just annoying it’s so close but still no word on when it’ll arrive.
Yeah, I can only speak of my experiences here in the Northwest. Good luck with your shipment in your region. Waiting with no info is the hardest part. 🥺

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck was built 10/21 and was at my dealer in NW Indiana on 10/30. That almost seems impossible.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck was built 10/21 and was at my dealer in NW Indiana on 10/30. That almost seems impossible.
Yeah, that's one red-headed rocket ride! I thought mine was going to be like that at first. I love what you've done with your rig BTW.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was at the some location in Portland as the thread owner after getting off the train and mine dispatched on the 17th but has yet to be marked as delivered. It's going to snohomish which is about 2-3 hours further than Olympia. So guessing my driver took the weekend off and it will be delivered on Monday. Annoying as it would have been much easier to pick up over the weekend.

OP
OP
Naranjita

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine was at the some location in Portland as the thread owner after getting off the train and mine dispatched on the 17th but has yet to be marked as delivered. It's going to snohomish which is about 2-3 hours further than Olympia. So guessing my driver took the weekend off and it will be delivered on Monday. Annoying as it would have been much easier to pick up over the weekend.
Any update?
Sponsored