Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a VIN....was Oct 17, then 26th, then Nov., now Dec. 19th.....so i guess i'm stuck in the soon to be canceled 22 order and can't order a 23?
I am in the same boat. It is now too late for the dealers to put in a MY23 order. So, Ford Corp. will cancel our MY22 orders and create a new MY23 order as close to our original order as they can. More info on pricing and other problems will go to the dealers soon, but for now they know very little and tend to make things up.!
Sponsored

DonaldD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DonaldD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not Tim, but I do have a suggestion about the extended warranty. Ask them if they will match Flood Ford or Granger.

If you put in a few details at these links, you can get an idea of the cost.

https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

Often they are going to quote you $50-100 over their wholesale cost. Please look into those other options before you buy it from the dealer you are getting your truck from (who will almost certainly try to take you for MUCH more of a markup).
I am pleased to finally get my truck. My dealer said watch out because Ford sent out a communique about those very warranties, saying they are worthless. I went for the 7 year 85,000 at $2,500, but the dealer also nixed the $500 from the Farm Bureau and nixed my x-plan. I think it’s time to go back and have a heart to heart with him. Any thoughts?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am pleased to finally get my truck. My dealer said watch out because Ford sent out a communique about those very warranties, saying they are worthless. I went for the 7 year 85,000 at $2,500, but the dealer also nixed the $500 from the Farm Bureau and nixed my x-plan. I think it’s time to go back and have a heart to heart with him. Any thoughts?
Sure. Go ask for a copy of the communique. It doesn't exist.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Sorry for the question, I'm getting confused about price protection and privite offer. I think I have this right, if we ordered in 2021 and got assigned a vin but then got rolled over to 2023 we will get a privite offer but we don't how much yet. Ford can't offer price protection from one model year to the next. Is this correct? Thank you for answering
yes

Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I became a farm bureau member shortly after I ordered so that shouldn’t have been a problem. I’ll talk to the finance person again and see what they can do. Thanks for the info.
don't forget it is not compatible with x-plan pricing

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or join the Mustang Club of America and possibly get a larger discount with X-Plan pricing. Saving me almost $1000 with that. Whatever you decide, wait until you get the final out the door price before springing discounts and incentives on the dealer. If you tell them before OTD pricing, they have a chance to pad some fees to make up for the discount (admin fee, window etching [they got me there], pre-delivery fee, processing fee, etc)...
Remember that the dealer does NOT have to accept X-Plan. That is something that needs to be agreed very early on. I went to my local dealer who chose to accept it, but I was prepared to shop elsewhere if he didnt.
Sponsored