First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear you. I made sure to leave enough on the deal to make it worth my time using their many, not mine.

I was fortunate, that both of my trucks came in within a reasonable timeframe. The second one was after the price and incentives had changed but the dealer was all over it and made things match my order date.
Nice that you have a good dealer.ooking forward to pickup my truck in a couple of weeks. Ot looking fwd to the dealer experience.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Tim, @fordvideoguy , if we are receiving a personal offer for a MY23 Maverick can that be combined with one of the College Grad/Military/Responder rebates? I've found out in previous purchases that I could not combine a personal offer with one of those rebates. Is this situation different?

Like others have said, you've been a "rock star" with your support in all things Maverick!
Since the private offer given to you is a Transition Private Offer it should be compatible with military and farm bureau but I would need to look up someone's incentives with a vin to know for sure.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Just an FYI, I picked up my Maverick on Saturday and Ford’s system wouldn’t let me combine the farm bureau discount with the 0%/36 month financing offer. I could have done the 1.9%/36 month, but the 0% saves me a couple of hundred bucks over the life of the loan.
If you didn't have a farm bureau membership when you ordered then it wouldn't show up. You had to be a member when you ordered (or in the year of your order) for it to show up with the order date incentives. If you became a member in 2022 that would be why you are seeing it show up on your current incentives.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you didn't have a farm bureau membership when you ordered then it wouldn't show up. You had to be a member when you ordered (or in the year of your order) for it to show up with the order date incentives. If you became a member in 2022 that would be why you are seeing it show up on your current incentives.
If I joined farm bureau after I ordered would I be able to combine price protection with it? I know I would definitely lose interest rates

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Tim, I ordered my hybrid Lariat 10/30/21 from Monarch Ford. I finally shipped last week, supposed to arrive the last week of November. My dealer has been good, guaranteeing price and interest rate protection. Two questions….Since 2022 is year 1 and there have been so many recalls, is there a way I can know if all recalls have been taken care of, or do I just have to wait? Second, I want to push my dealer to give me a really good deal on an extended warranty. I dabbled in car sales several years ago and I know they are high profit items. What leverage do I have here, if any, to get my best price?
Any stop sale recalls that need to be done, will flag when the dealer pulls the smartvincent. On the warranty, it's up to the dealer and finance manager on what kind of deal they give you. Probably the more you say no or sorry that is more than I can afford, they might come down on the price. All about negotiating.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
If I joined farm bureau after I ordered would I be able to combine price protection with it? I know I would definitely lose interest rates
You had to be a farm bureau member in the same year you ordered for it to show up.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to be a Farm Bureau member for at least 30 (or maybe 60) days before you are eligible for the certificate. You can't gain the benefit immediately after joining or at any time after purchase.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to be a Farm Bureau member for at least 30 (or maybe 60) days before you are eligible for the certificate. You can't gain the benefit immediately after joining or at any time after purchase.
Example I'm referring to is if I joined farm bureau in the summer and am receiving my truck now

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Example I'm referring to is if I joined farm bureau in the summer and am receiving my truck now
Have you applied for the certificate yet? The website is here - https://fordrecognizesu.com/farmbureau/Login/Login

I would be concerned that you are at cross-purposes with the protected pricing. As I understand it, and from what Tim has said in previous posts, you can either get the offers that were in effect when you ordered the truck or the offers in effect when you purchased the truck. If you did not have a Farm Bureau certificate in place when you ordered the truck you can't use it at purchase with order offers. This scenario is my situation. I ordered my truck in January and signed up for the Farm Bureau just before ordering but could not get the certificate until end of February, after ordering. When I purchase my truck I can use either the 1.9% financing or the $500 Farm Bureau rebate, not both. Hope this helps.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not asking about financing incentives I'm asking about price protection

Sponsored

IAMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry for the question, I'm getting confused about price protection and privite offer. I think I have this right, if we ordered in 2021 and got assigned a vin but then got rolled over to 2023 we will get a privite offer but we don't how much yet. Ford can't offer price protection from one model year to the next. Is this correct? Thank you for answering

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not asking about financing incentives I'm asking about price protection
Sorry for the question, I'm getting confused about price protection and privite offer. I think I have this right, if we ordered in 2021 and got assigned a vin but then got rolled over to 2023 we will get a privite offer but we don't how much yet. Ford can't offer price protection from one model year to the next. Is this correct? Thank you for answering
Price protection exists for the same model year. If you ordered in 2021 and your Maverick is built in 2022 as a MY 2022 then you should receive the pricing at the time of ordering. There are posts on the forums that talk about dealers not honoring that process but you should not be charged for price increases to your original order. If you add another package after a price increase then you pay that new price for that new package. The rest remains the same.

What Tim has discussed in his videos about private offers is that those 2022 model year Mavericks that were "rolled over" to model year 2023 will NOT have price protection. Instead, they will have what he says is a "Transitional Offer". For Ecoboost orders that amount is $1,750. For Hybid orders that amount is, I believe, $2,500. Your dealer should see that in Vincent and apply it to your order's 2023 price. For me, my rollover Maverick's 2023 MSRP is now $31,795 - an increase of about $240 over the 2022 price. The transitional offer of $1,750 brings my price down to $30,045 dollars. According to Tim, I should still get to use my Farm Bureau rebate incentive and any special financing that was available either when I ordered it or when I finally purchase it.

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I became a farm bureau member shortly after I ordered so that shouldn’t have been a problem. I’ll talk to the finance person again and see what they can do. Thanks for the info.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those looking to save $500, don’t forget you can join Farm Bureau for only $20 and get $500 off any Ford truck, except Lightning. You do not need to be a resident of Illinois, a farmer, or own farmland. You can get $500 off each time for five purchases per year. Phone number to join is 309-663-6497.

Or join the Mustang Club of America and possibly get a larger discount with X-Plan pricing. Saving me almost $1000 with that. Whatever you decide, wait until you get the final out the door price before springing discounts and incentives on the dealer. If you tell them before OTD pricing, they have a chance to pad some fees to make up for the discount (admin fee, window etching [they got me there], pre-delivery fee, processing fee, etc)...
Sponsored