jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad I found this forum and you guys when I did. Preordered my Lariat lux with you guys yesterday. I'm turning my lease in early 2024 and wasn't expecting to have to plan on a vehicle as early as I am.

None of my local dealers gave me a warm fuzzy feeling so I figured I'd go with someone who really seems to have this whole thing down as well as being honest.

Redskinman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will go over all the information we have on the Maverick ordering, 22MYCO, new 2023 Orders, changes we know on the 23MY.

you are the only one I trust to answer this question. When I finally do get to place a order for a Maverick whether it’s the 15th or another date, when the order is placed is my price locked in ? My salesman says price will be MSRP on the date the build is scheduled,but several people on this forum and Facebook keep telling me its locked in when order is placed.
Thanks

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you are the only one I trust to answer this question. When I finally do get to place a order for a Maverick whether it’s the 15th or another date, when the order is placed is my price locked in ? My salesman says price will be MSRP on the date the build is scheduled,but several people on this forum and Facebook keep telling me its locked in when order is placed.
Thanks
Run away! They can set price protection at time of order in the "Smart Vincent" program all dealers have. That's how my dealer did it, and Tim talked about it in one of his videos ;)

Redskinman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Run away! They can set price protection at time of order in the "Smart Vincent" program all dealers have. That's how my dealer did it, and Tim talked about it in one of his videos ;)
See this is what I’m talking about. I have never heard of smart Vincent before, so when looking up information on it this is what I found on another Ford forum:
“The Smart Vincent will display the rebates that were available when you ordered or the current month. It will also display anything that is tied to your name, like direct mailers. It does not help with invoice price increases or shipping. That is covered under the price protection programs.”

So according to this guy it has nothing to do with price protection

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Video Guy recently clarified that SmartVincent covers "incentives" like promo interest rates and rebates either for your order date, or the sale/delivery date, depending on which radio button the dealer clicks.

Price Protection is done separately, but is still a thing and should be expected. The dealer should be charging you the price for the configuration from the day you ordered it (barring you doing some major fundamental changes in the interim such as changing from EcoBoost to Hybrid, etc...). A good reason to keep a copy of your order sheet that shows the price for each item at time of order. When you take delivery, they should honor that original price.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is anyone else hearing these crazy constraint numbers? Holy moley!

Just jotting a few down as he says them. (backed up the stream a bit to catch the numbers again).

65/35% Gas/Hybrid - Not a lot difference from 2022.

XL 15% - Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
XLT 59%
Lariat 26%

Moral of the story. Get a plain XLT if you want it fast(er).

XLT Lux 30%
Lariat Lux 25%
Tremor 8%
Tremor Appearance Pack 3% - Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Black Appearance Pack 10%

CoPilot360 40%
CoPilot360 "Assist" 20%

4k Tow = 20% - Boooooooooooooo

Ready for crazy times?

Spray In Liner is 33%
Drop In is 20% - Am I taking crazy pills here? Spray in is LESS constrained than Drop In!

Bed covers are 3-10%, trays 2%, liners 3%, blah blah blah, pretty much same as 2022.

Splash guards about the same at less than 5%, etc....

Last edited:

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will go over all the information we have on the Maverick ordering, 22MYCO, new 2023 Orders, changes we know on the 23MY.

If I understood you correctly on this process for the rollover, Ford will not be making any new friends with the folks that have waited over a year on their Mavericks. First, the dealers are not required to prioritize the rollovers over new orders and they can both go in the same day. So goodbye place in line. Second, I currently had a Priority 2 and now for the 2023 ..I could be Priority 19. It appears Customer satisfaction is the furthest thing from Ford's thought process IMHO. Ford has to be the most inept managment process I've ever seen. Every vehicle seems to have a different process to order one rather then everyone having the same process. No wonder dealers and buyers are so confused...making this much more complex then it has to be ..and then add into this mess their allocations processes make

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is anyone else hearing these crazy constraint numbers? Holy moley!

XL 15% - Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!
XLT 59%
Lariat 26%
Ford Maverick Episode 57: 2023 Ford Maverick and Bronco Order Conversion Process 1663117478973

So not a far percentage off of what was ordered in MY22

Pretty sure those numbers are anticipated percentage of all builds. So the 3% Tremor Appearance Package is 37.5% of all Tremor builds may buy/can be supplied to have the extra graphics and painted roof.

Last edited:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1663117478973.png

Pretty sure those numbers are anticipated percentage of all builds. So the 3% Tremor Appearance Package is 37.5% of all Tremor builds may buy/can be supplied to have the extra graphics and painted roof.
That is a good observation about how it roughly mirrors what was ordered (at least as reported here). Doesn't make it look so severe for the folks who want a base XL.

Sponsored

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking into joining the Long McArthur crew on YouTube and was curious what this perk meant.

“Ford Video Guy New Vehicle Purchase Experience

Tim will handle ordering, processing, delivery, dinner, Garage Museum tickets, and gifts.”

anybody a member that can clarify?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking into joining the Long McArthur crew on YouTube and was curious what this perk meant.

“Ford Video Guy New Vehicle Purchase Experience

Tim will handle ordering, processing, delivery, dinner, Garage Museum tickets, and gifts.”

anybody a member that can clarify?
Not a member but I did ask about this and it is true that Tim will handle your order from placement all the way till it’s time for you do to finance (he doesn’t do that).

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

@fordvideoguy

I don't remember all of your details but how does ordering with you guys work?
Can someone give me any details with ordering from Long McArthur?

They seem to know what to do, And this will be my first new vehicle order. I know it will take most likely 8-12 months to get and I'm OK with that. But I will need a new (or at least new to me) vehicle around that time and I DON'T want anything to go wrong with the ordering process. So I need a dealer who I can trust

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1663117478973.png

Does this include fleet orders?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this include fleet orders?
No, that's from the self-reported orders here. So fleet orders would likely tip some more to XL. But point being the 15% XL number is likely less a 'constraint' and more 'Ford thinks approximately this many will be ordered'.
Sponsored