First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 and 2022 Hyundai Ioniq Electrics
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks Tim for the bad news. No model year 22 Hybrids will be scheduled in August with October build dates.. 4000 ecoboosts only. zero Hybrids. My guess is all remaining hybrid orders will have to be ordered for twenty three. It’s Got to be battery shortages….

Last edited:

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks Tim for the bad news. No model year 22 Hybrids will be scheduled in August with October build dates.. 4000 ecoboosts only. zero Hybrids. My guess is all remaining hybrid orders will have to be ordered for twenty three. It’s Got to be battery shortages….
I played that part back several times to make sure I understood and followed the dates.

Since they are scheduling this week for final week of September if you have a hybrid order and don’t have a VIN/build date you aren’t getting a 2022.

Also anyone with a luxury package regardless of motor isn’t getting a 2022.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It says they are scheduling Ecoboosts in August for up to the 1st week of November. I guess that means they aren't scheduling the 23s in October anymore.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's what I took away from the bombshell announcement as well. If you have a hybrid VIN your in. If your an unscheduled hybrid, have a bed cover, luxury package or splash guards on any order you'll not get a 22.

I asked (during the live stream) if it meant Ford had scheduled all FE's (I know LM has) and he said they must have.

I also asked if a hybrid order could change engines and possibly get a 22 and my question was not answered. The last fleet distribution news bulletin stated that the last date to spec change a FHEV was 8-4 and 8-11 for gas.

The 10-21 balance out date will change to 11-7 meaning Job #1 for 23's will be on or around 11-14.

August scheduling will be for 10-3 through 11-7.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I heard that, the first thing I thought of was Ford is having big time battery issues. Could also be some motor issues too, but something happened with their battery supply chain big time. Of course they will not talk about it publicly but it cannot be good.

How, when and where will things improve for '23?

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I heard that, the first thing I thought of was Ford is having big time battery issues. Could also be some motor issues too, but something happened with their battery supply chain big time. Of course they will not talk about it publicly but it cannot be good.

How, when and where will things improve for '23?
The high voltage battery issue was quoted as, " Being a problem". It's the biggest hold up in the hybrid component supply chain. I've tried contacting people at the Rawsonville Components Plant in Ypsilanti, MI with no success.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
It's what I took away from the bombshell announcement as well. If you have a hybrid VIN your in. If your an unscheduled hybrid, have a bed cover, luxury package or splash guards on any order you'll not get a 22.

I asked (during the live stream) if it meant Ford had scheduled all FE's (I know LM has) and he said they must have.

I also asked if a hybrid order could change engines and possibly get a 22 and my question was not answered. The last fleet distribution news bulletin stated that the last date to spec change a FHEV was 8-4 and 8-11 for gas.

The 10-21 balance out date will change to 11-7 meaning Job #1 for 23's will be on or around 11-14.

August scheduling will be for 10-3 through 11-7.
You can't change the motors on any Maverick order right now. We'll I know you can't change from Ecoboost to hybrid but you might be able to move from hybrid to Ecoboost.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can't change the motors on any Maverick order right now. We'll I know you can't change from Ecoboost to hybrid but you might be able to move from hybrid to Ecoboost.
Just tying to extend a lifeline to MY22 orders who want to circumvent the "no more hybrids available" status to get a VIN in August.

I'm grateful every day that you ( @fordvideoguy )sent me a scheduling notification in April and have nothing to do with the high voltage battery problem that delayed my 5-30 build day to 7-25 and currently 8-8. I've got a VIN so I'm in while many unfortunate/unscheduled hybrids will have to wait til 11-14 (subject to change) to have another opportunity at a build day/week.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just tying to extend a lifeline to MY22 orders who want to circumvent the "no more hybrids available" status to get a VIN in August.
If I really needed the truck ASAP I'd certainly consider doing a change like that. I already went ahead and took the luxury package off my hybrid XLT order trying to get it built. At this point unless I miraculously get scheduled this week I'll be waiting more than a year for my hybrid. With all the constraints it could easily be a year and half. I know that is nothing compared to what some Bronco customer went through but this is supposed to be a cheap truck on an established platform.

Even though Ford is going to hand me some compensation in the form of a private offer I'm for sure not going to have access to the 0% interest that was in place when I ordered. I also had ordered with an X-plan pin which is going to expire in October.

A lot of things are out of wack- this isn't just a Ford issue. I think we all can cite examples of things that aren't working like they used to. But it is frustrating and if Ford doesn't figure out how to handle things better they are going to be bleeding a lot of customers.

As I said last month I shouldn't have to know internal Ford systems to get an order placed properly. All of us who watched the live stream tonight know that effectively Friday is is for 2022 hybrids. Anyone want to guess when Ford or our dealers will get around to telling us that same piece of information?

Sponsored

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For you and everyone else that does not know this, you don’t need to have your discount plan pin created until the day you are paying for the vehicle. The dealer has zero use for it before then.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For you and everyone else that does not know this, you don’t need to have your discount plan pin created until the day you are paying for the vehicle. The dealer has zero use for it before then.
I got it when I did because my friend who got it for me worked at Ford HQ and was retiring at the end of October 2021. Neither of us expected it would take more than a year to get the truck.

He had been trying to talk me into buying an F150 for years but it was just too big for my needs.

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So my XLT EcoBoost order from Dec 2021 wont be a 22 because I have Luxury? That's a definite?

nklem

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 and 2022 Hyundai Ioniq Electrics
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I played that part back several times to make sure I understood and followed the dates.

Since they are scheduling this week for final week of September if you have a hybrid order and don’t have a VIN/build date you aren’t getting a 2022.

Also anyone with a luxury package regardless of motor isn’t getting a 2022.
Too funny I watched it 5-6 times….as well
Sponsored

Last edited: