Sponsored

Episode 43: June Production Information plus Is It True That Ford Dealers Won't Deliver EVs?

Dawgonit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least you still hang around the Maverick board so you can pimp that ugly Santa Cruz.
you fotgot to add overpriced and gas guzzling.
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
The Maverick is outselling the Santa Cruz like 2 or 3 to 1. That's deliveries.
Add in Maverick's huge number of outstanding orders and the difference gets even bigger.

Demand-wise, the Maverick is an out of the park, grand slam walk off, game over home run.

Demand-wise, the Santa Cruz is ok. That's why they are sitting on dealers lots.

If the Maverick cost $5-$7K more, it would be more even. It doesn't, so everybody wants one and a lot of people have to wait. Or pay extra. Or buy a Santa Cruz.

I got out of line for my October hybrid Lariat 2 days ago and walked into a local Hyundai lot and walked away with a brand new Santa Cruz. I was surprised on how many vehicles they had. Multiple Santa Cruz, top on the line palisade etc...

If I get rolled over with no firm production date, I’ll be going Santa Cruz for sure

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the Santa Cruz was more of a car with a bed than an SUV with a bed I would've considered it. I actually did because they announced it before the Maverick and always liked the El Caminos but then thr hybrid truck was announced and that was it.

Sponsored

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just stopped by my dealer today and was told that my build is scheduled for the first week of august and most likely won’t see my maverick till around September….i asked to see if I needed to make a new order for a 23 MY, but they insisted that I will get a 22 MY maverick

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes after July scheduling is over. Probably closer to August 1
Does the dealership get to keep the vehicle order if it gets pushed to 23 but the customer decides against reordering?

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once again Tim gives me info that my silent dealership doesn't. Be nice if we could move rollovers to a different dealership and not lose our original order dates.

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the Santa Cruz was more of a car with a bed than an SUV with a bed I would've considered it. I actually did because they announced it before the Maverick and always liked the El Caminos but then thr hybrid truck was announced and that was it.
same exact decision process here, I love the Santa Cruz. But Ford making it a hybrid and the price point got me to go ford. Never ever wanted anything to do with a ford bc they are historically unreliable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Does the dealership get to keep the vehicle order if it gets pushed to 23 but the customer decides against reordering?
The order will be converted to a 23 order by Ford. The dealer and customer will need to confirm everything on the 23 order. Maybe sign me papers to submit for ROVP/COVP.

Kameron512

First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat hybrid lux cp360
The Maverick is outselling the Santa Cruz like 2 or 3 to 1. That's deliveries.
Add in Maverick's huge number of outstanding orders and the difference gets even bigger.

Demand-wise, the Maverick is an out of the park, grand slam walk off, game over home run.

Demand-wise, the Santa Cruz is ok. That's why they are sitting on dealers lots.

If the Maverick cost $5-$7K more, it would be more even. It doesn't, so everybody wants one and a lot of people have to wait. Or pay extra. Or buy a Santa Cruz.
It doesn't matter how many orders ford have for the Maverick, when they can't even make them in a timely fashion. My Ford dealer said he hasn't seen a Maverick is 2 1/2 months. My Santa Cruz was produced may 18 so yeah no where near the production speed of ford. Even Tim said basic things like wheels are not available for some models because they get them from China. We all know ford is just wanting to make the share holders happy. That why they release how many sold and not how many orders they actually have. And they still haven't learned, Tim also said multiple models order banks are opening the same day. It's just a shame that Maverick production numbers got cut because of the lightning. I'm not bashing the Maverick at all I waited this long and planned on waiting longer, but when we had no communication on when my order would be scheduled It couldn't wait anymore. Shoot we don't even know how the roll over system will be ( price protection etc..) so if I could walk into a dealer and walk away the same day at MSRP I was just letting people know. And when I got my deposit back, the sales manager couldn't believe I got it at MSRP. Which put in my mind that they were going to mark my order up anyway. I'm so glad ford announced the MSRP EV program, I personally think they should do that model across the board. Because apparently it was my fault I didn't research on how scummy my dealer was. I personally don't think we should have to go on these forums and research what dealers are good or bad. And no the Santa Cruzs I saw were NOT sitting on the lot they moved in 1-3 days about the same as the Maverick. This isn't a pissing contest I was just informing people of the situation.

Kameron512

First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick lariat hybrid lux cp360
At least you still hang around the Maverick board so you can pimp that ugly Santa Cruz.
Not "pimping anything" just informing people of the situation out there. Clearly Ford really pissed off some suppliers. I just don't want people getting screwed when their orders rolls over when we don't even know the procedure. Imagine waiting 11+ months just to find out there's not price protection or where you rollover order is in line in the order banks.

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations on the new SC, you got a really nice car, i love the SC, only thing stopping me from jumping ship is the price, if everything was equal I would get the SC, just not in my budget.
Sponsored