First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought ford was waiting for the OKTB for the hybrid from the EPA. Did the ECOBoost get the same treatment from the EPA. I understood ford ran the test and provided the data to the EPA and the EPA decided to run it's own test. The question is why the hybrid and not the ECOBoost?
Ford is good with the EPA on the Eco..They got the OKTBoost. They are waiting on the OKTHybrid.
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No I'm not saying that at all! I am saying that the pre-production Hybrids did not have the newer eCVT. And that the data that the EPA was given in April or May was not based on the new eCVT data. And this is why they or testing the Hybrid now.
https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2...d-lacks-awd-option-due-to-new-electric-motor/
Again, and I'll say it slowly. Your...article....does...not...support....your....argument. The article is just basic PR fluff from when Ford unveiled the refined powertrain (i.e., when the Maverick was announced). It's not the investigative journalism uncovering some big Ford mess-up that you seem to think it is. Ford did not make the decision to redesign the powertrain in June. They weren't going to re-tool the production line for the eCVT until right before the Maverick went into production because that line was needed for the previous generation of the eCVT.

Last edited:

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ford Maverick EPA and Ford's process to getting EPA approval for Hybrid Maverick OKTB 5q6v2j

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Again, and I'll say it slowly. Your...article....does...not...support....your....argument. The article is just basic PR fluff from when Ford unveiled the refined powertrain (i.e., when the Maverick was announced). It's not the investigative journalism uncovering some big Ford mess-up that you seem to think it is. Ford did not make the decision to redesign the powertrain in June. They weren't going to re-tool the production line for the eCVT until right before the Maverick went into production because that line was needed for the previous generation of the eCVT.
Look you believe what you want and I will believe what I want, cause there no skin off my nose either way. So unless you have something to share F off!!!

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of your "Logic" is based on the premise that Ford produced zero Maverick E-motors or eCVTs before they started mass production, and you're calling me names?

Yes, Ford would have put the new versions of the major components in their test models. If they didn't it would defeat the purpose of testing. THIS ISN'T HARD TO UNDERSTAND.
NOT IF THEY AREN'T MADE YET!! MAY EXPLAIN WHY THEY ARE BEING TESTED NOW!!!!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just because they didn't start line-production doesn't mean they didn't build any for pre-production testing. Just like how they small-batched Mavericks before the announcement and more in June/July before full line-production started in August.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
THEY MADE PRE-PRODUCTION UNITS!!!
Let's look at the facts Ford built a bunch of different variation of the Maverick as they did they tested different aspects of these vehicle under different environment and conditions. The engineers used best know practices and components. Every few months these engineers got together with their data and determine the best course of action to move the project forward. As they go they change out components and sub systems as need be. Once in awhile they may throw out a whole component or modify it to meet their demand. If the modification is extreme enough they make it a new part/ component with it own part #. At this point all the data that they have collected on the old part or component becomes moot. Testing starts over and new data is collected. Once the new component is verified by the engineers they will then put in their test fleet to analyze overall performance and collect multiple data point. This all takes time and money! So when Ford redesigned the eCVT they did not make more than a hand full for engineering purposes. I know how the system works because I have overseen military weapon's development and testing. So take with a grain of salt. Remember they started this project in 2018.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With all this talk about what is a hybrid, I guess nobody knows why the EPA selected the Maverick to run it's own test.
I do but no body cares! Also a Hybrid in this case is a electric vehicle, battery charged by a gas engine since the eCVT does all the motor work to the trans-axles!

Last edited:
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The question is did the vehicles that they were driving around in May through June have the new eCVT? I say they did not because they shut down the Escape eCVT assemby line for 4 week's to retool it to make the Maverick eCVT. Also the one entry Bobinmi states they made 200 eCVT for the Maverick prior to shutting down in June, If you look at Fords August productions chart you will see they made only 155 Mavericks in May and 61 in June and 150 in July. If they only made 200 of the new Maverick eCVT prior to shutting down the assembly line June. Do the Math!!!

Follow the forums!

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...sions-have-started-production.936/#post-15447

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/august-2021-ford-maverick-production-numbers.1941/
Thanks for posting links to these articles. I've read them again, and they stand for 2 things:

(1) By the time Ford started retooling the transmission assembly line for quantity production at the end of June, they had already produced around 200 of the new-model eCVTs. (NOTE: They don't say that the eCVTs were produced in June, just that they were produced sometime before retooling started.)

(2) In May and June, Ford produced 216 Mavericks. (They don't say how many were hybrid but, given later production numbers, probably less than half.)

So what we really know from these is that, sometime before the end of June, Ford had produced a couple of hundred new-model eCVTs and maybe a hundred Maverick hybrids.

Your suggestion Ford provided the EPA with old-model eCVTs seemed to be based on the idea that no new-model eCVTs had been produced in May. That could be true, but there's no real evidence for it.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do but no body cares! Also a Hybrid in this case is a electric vehicle, battery charged by a gas engine since the eCVT does all the motor work to the trans-axles!
I may be misunderstanding your post, but you seem to be describing a series hybrid. Is that what you meant?

If it makes a difference to your argument, the Maverick actually employs a series-parallel hybrid design.
Sponsored