Fotomoto

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity, C-Max Energi, & Prius
Not offended at all.

You can’t have a good discussion if everyone is speaking a different “language”.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is an interesting idea. We know that Mavericks weigh differently with different options installed.

The "Tire and Loading" sticker does change with different options.

A Base XLT Hybrid shows 1566 lbs whereas on a Base XL Hybrid with the trailer Hitch I have seen that number as 1563.
Exactly. In the past certain vehicles were not available with a full size spare because of weight difference. Ford actually dropped the high end audio system on some models / options as the added weight of speakers and amp put vehicle over weight limit.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread makes me want some high bread.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was trying to make light humor of comments about horse, mule, donkey. Then add in the Little Mule from Romancing the Stone.
The Doobie Brothers broke up, damn!
This is becoming a stubborn thread derail.

Sponsored

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read the one and only article link you posted in this thread. You claimed it said that "in June Ford changed the eCVT electric motor." It didn't say that, as you now know. (You don't have to repost it -- here it is: https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-motor-technology/ )

The issue was whether, as you claim, Ford submitted an eCVT for EPA testing, then later decided to place a different eCVT in the production vehicles. That's a very important claim, as it would explain a lot of delay. I don't know if it is true, but you haven't posted any links in this thread that show that.

You did say " I went back though the news articles and forum post and found the info," but that's not really the same thing, is it?
The question is did the vehicles that they were driving around in May through June have the new eCVT? I say they did not because they shut down the Escape eCVT assemby line for 4 week's to retool it to make the Maverick eCVT. Also the one entry Bobinmi states they made 200 eCVT for the Maverick prior to shutting down in June, If you look at Fords August productions chart you will see they made only 155 Mavericks in May and 61 in June and 150 in July. If they only made 200 of the new Maverick eCVT prior to shutting down the assembly line June. Do the Math!!!

Follow the forums!

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...sions-have-started-production.936/#post-15447

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/august-2021-ford-maverick-production-numbers.1941/

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO, Ford wants the EPA to take their sweet time on the ratings, the hybrid standard was a total failure, they make more money on the ecoboost, the 20k price tag was to attract people then people would choose the Ecoboost ( pay more ) over the hybrid, that did not go as plan, so they want you to buy an ecoboost instead.
Time to get out the foil hats.
Ford Maverick EPA and Ford's process to getting EPA approval for Hybrid Maverick OKTB R (1)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. They would have.
How if they did not start making them until June? As stated in a previous article the original Maverick was based on the Escape Hybrid and the new electric motor was to increase horse power to allow 2000 lb towing as the Escape was only rated at 1500lb. If you only read the Posts on this site and don't know how to google! Then you are an "Ostrich with you head in the sand". If you lay out all the fact from when Ford announced the Maverick to when they OKTB for the EB's and not the Hybrids, the fact they originally used the Escape Hybrid and determined it lack enough power to pull 2000 lb. That they developed in house a replacement electric motor that is a completely new part # than the other eCVT. That part had never been tested by the EPA, and the data that Ford was giving EPA did not match the the old data that was from the Escape. Of couse this is all cause and effect. But some times you can use Logic to come to a Logical Conclusion.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking about naming my hybrid either "OKTB" or "NOEPA".

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How if they did not start making them until June? As stated in a previous article the original Maverick was based on the Escape Hybrid and the new electric motor was to increase horse power to allow 2000 lb towing as the Escape was only rated at 1500lb. If you only read the Posts on this site and don't know how to google! Then you are an "Ostrich with you head in the sand". If you lay out all the fact from when Ford announced the Maverick to when they OKTB for the EB's and not the Hybrids, the fact they originally used the Escape Hybrid and determined it lack enough power to pull 2000 lb. That they developed in house a replacement electric motor that is a completely new part # than the other eCVT. That part had never been tested by the EPA, and the data that Ford was giving EPA did not match the the old data that was from the Escape. Of couse this is all cause and effect. But some times you can use Logic to come to a Logical Conclusion.
All of your "Logic" is based on the premise that Ford produced zero Maverick E-motors or eCVTs before they started mass production, and you're calling me names?

Yes, Ford would have put the new versions of the major components in their test models. If they didn't it would defeat the purpose of testing. THIS ISN'T HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of your "Logic" is based on the premise that Ford produced zero Maverick E-motor or eCVT before they started mass production, and you're calling me names?
No offense meant but, If you only read what is said on this site and do not search other sources then my previous Ostrich statement does apply.

No I'm not saying that at all! I am saying that the pre-production Hybrids did not have the newer eCVT. And that the data that the EPA was given in April or May was not based on the new eCVT data. And this is why they or testing the Hybrid now.
https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/2...d-lacks-awd-option-due-to-new-electric-motor/
Sponsored

Last edited: