Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No one is getting a 20 grand Mav anytime soon...

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actual testing is the following:

EPA Test Procedures for Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrids PDF attached at bottom.

Test Cycle Parameters.JPG

City.JPG

Highway.JPG

High Speed.JPG

Air Conditioning.JPG

Cold Temperature.JPG
It is amazing to me that they only run the ac in one specific test. I'm a Texan, AC all the time!

Sponsored

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO, Ford wants the EPA to take their sweet time on the ratings, the hybrid standard was a total failure, they make more money on the ecoboost, the 20k price tag was to attract people then people would choose the Ecoboost ( pay more ) over the hybrid, that did not go as plan, so they want you to buy an ecoboost instead.
Interesting opinion…
I believe it’s bunk!

MarcVelovious

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Actual testing is the following:

EPA Test Procedures for Electric Vehicles and Plug-in Hybrids PDF attached at bottom.

Test Cycle Parameters.JPG

City.JPG

Highway.JPG

High Speed.JPG

Air Conditioning.JPG

Cold Temperature.JPG
Not an Electric Vehicle and not a plug in hybrid.

Confirmatory testing does not require a stop sale. It can be done anytime.

Ford supplied the numbers to the EPA.

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO, Ford wants the EPA to take their sweet time on the ratings, the hybrid standard was a total failure, they make more money on the ecoboost, the 20k price tag was to attract people then people would choose the Ecoboost ( pay more ) over the hybrid, that did not go as plan, so they want you to buy an ecoboost instead.
I don't think Ford orchestrated a conspiracy. That being said, never let a crisis go to waste...

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not an Electric Vehicle and not a plug in hybrid.

Confirmatory testing does not require a stop sale. It can be done anytime.

Ford supplied the numbers to the EPA.
Interesting but I don’t think that’s how it works if selected..

Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right…..I guess that’s why Ford is investing billions in new plants to build electrics and hybrids, because they want to sell more IC engines. Quit spewing BS conspiracy crap. Some people actually believe this BS you spew.

Fx4hOok

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right…..I guess that’s why Ford is investing billions in new plants to build electrics and hybrids, because they want to sell more IC engines. Quit spewing BS conspiracy crap. Some people actually believe this BS you spew.
message me next summer when you get your hybrid bud

MarcVelovious

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Interesting but I don’t think that’s how it works if selected..
I guess you could think... Or you could know.... Your choice.

Can I obtain a Certificate while EPA confirmatory testing is pending?

It is possible to obtain a certificate of conformity when EPA confirmatory testing has been scheduled but is still pending completion. A certificate issued prior to the completion of the EPA confirmatory tests will be "conditional" upon the results of the EPA confirmatory testing as explained in 40 CFR 86.1835-01 (d). This option of requesting a conditional certificate is not allowed when manufacturer-conducted confirmatory testing is pending.

How do I obtain a conditional certificate while EPA confirmatory testing is pending?

Just as in the normal certification request process, complete and upload into Verify the remaining data entry modules (i.e. carline, evaporative/refueling family and test group modules). However, for any test procedures that are pending confirmatory testing at the EPA, you should enter the manufacturer test numbers. Generate a Verify CSI report using the manufacturer test data in place of the pending EPA tests and include a copy of the CSI in the CBI and FOI versions of the Part 1 application for certification that is uploaded into Verify. In the Verify Request for Certificate data module, indicate that a conditional certificate is being requested. Also include in your certificate request letter (where you attest that the test group complies with all applicable regulations contained in Title 40 of the CFR and where you also request the information indicated as confidential be accorded confidential treatment) a statement that confirmatory test data is pending, and that you wish to obtain a conditional certificate of conformity under the provisions of 86.1835-01 (d). Place a statement to that effect on the application cover sheet as well. EPA will review the application for certification, including the emission test data and if all the requirements are met issue a conditional certificate. This conditional certificate will be your permanent certificate and it will not be reissued after the confirmatory testing is completed. After the EPA confirmatory testing is completed, if the EPA test results are valid and in compliance with the applicable emission standards then, the EPA confirmatory results are the official data to use for certification. You are required to update the CBI and FOI versions of the application (within a reasonable time period) with a corrected CSI report by removing the manufacturer test data and adding the new official EPA confirmatory test data. Include only the updated CSI containing the official EPA test data in any subsequent application submissions into Verify. For test vehicles that EPA is unable to complete the testing at EPA and we subsequently waive the EPA confirmatory test(s), the manufacturer test data is the official data and no updates need to be made to either the Verify CSI report or the application. If the final EPA results are valid but not in compliance with the applicable emission standards then, the certificate is suspended. After receiving the EPA suspension notification the manufacturer must immediately cease the introduction of the vehicles into commerce and begin a rec

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Attached are Why and What Ford needs to do for EPA approval for OKTB.

The EPA PDF titled "overviewconfirmatorytestingscript_updated.pdf" is the source of this information and attached to this post.
This document appears to describe emissions testing, not MPG testing.

" This Environmental Protection Agency (or EPA) tutorial provides an overview of the confirmatory testing process for engines and vehicles. EPA conducts confirmatory testing to confirm that engines or vehicles are compliant with EPA's emission standards."

Am I misreading it? Or does "emissions" include "MPG"?

Most of what I've read here concentrates on MPG. Are you thinking the real problem is emissions?

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And in June Ford changed the eCVT electric motor to increase the HP from 88 Kw (118 hp) to 94 Kw (126 hp)

"These seemingly minimal changes increase the motor's efficiency and reduce its mass. The latter benefit critically includes the mass of copper and increasingly scarce rare-earth materials used in the magnets. The new motor is said to weigh 20 percent less than the one powering the 2021 Ford Escape Hybrid. " https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-motor-technology/

So due to the changes in the eCVT the original number given the EPA based on the Escape eCVT data were no long valid prompting the EPA re-testing
Sponsored