First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO, Ford wants the EPA to take their sweet time on the ratings, the hybrid standard was a total failure, they make more money on the ecoboost, the 20k price tag was to attract people then people would choose the Ecoboost ( pay more ) over the hybrid, that did not go as plan, so they want you to buy an ecoboost instead.
Here is a solution for you to both the Hybrid and EcoBoost - go buy a Super Duty Diesel.
Sponsored

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right…..I guess that’s why Ford is investing billions in new plants to build electrics and hybrids, because they want to sell more IC engines. Quit spewing BS conspiracy crap. Some people actually believe this BS you spew.
They dropped 500 million investment in Rivian…and its not even their vehicle. Obviously they can read the tea leaves about EVs.

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And in June Ford changed the eCVT electric motor to increase the HP from 88 Kw (118 hp) to 94 Kw (126 hp)
The article you cite was published June 8 but -- unless I missed it -- it doesn't say that this change was made in June.

The truck was unveiled in June, apparently on the same day that the article was published. It appears to describe what Ford revealed that day, not what Ford changed that day.

It seems more likely that the motor (like the truck) was developed well ahead of that.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The article you cite was published June 8 but -- unless I missed it -- it doesn't say that this change was made in June.

The truck was unveiled in June, apparently on the same day that the article was published. It appears to describe what Ford revealed that day, not what Ford changed that day.

It seems more likely that the motor (like the truck) was developed well ahead of that.
Yes the article was writen in June but the EPA was evaluating data from May. And the eCVT factory was shut down in late June for retooling to produce new eCVT for the Maverck. The factory was shut down for 4 weeks. (see my earlier post) Also at this point what does it matter the EPA is doing a re-test to insure the motor performs to the standards required to be certified.

Last edited:

Sponsored

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
The most likely scenario was that Ford FAILED the first go around to get the truck certified. Then dragged their feet on cleaning up the data and why not the only people hurt will be the saps like myself who thought I could actually get a hybrid six or seven months after ordering it.

So Ford wins, I can’t wait until February, March or April for the hybrid. Ford can hear the 💰💰💰.

Come to Papa my little Ecoboost !

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes the article was writen in June but the EPA was evaluating data from May. And the eCVT factory was shut down in late June for retooling to produce new eCVT for the Maverck. The factory was shut down for 4 weeks. (see my earlier post)
How do we know that the EPA wasn't given a pre-mass production build of the current eCVT in May? Remember, this was only a month before the factory was retooled for mass production. Surely the first one off the assembly line wouldn't be the first one ever built.

Are we sure they were given something different? The idea that Ford gave them one thing in May, decided to build another in June, and nobody brought it up until September just seems weird.
Also at this point what does it matter the EPA is doing a re-test to insure the motor performs to the standards required to be certified.
I keep seeing different explanations of what the EPA is doing. Have you seen something that confirms that they are re-testing because of the motor specifically? That would clear a few things up.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
The most likely scenario was that Ford FAILED the first go around to get the truck certified. Then dragged their feet on cleaning up the data and why not the only people hurt will be the saps like myself who thought I could actually get a hybrid six or seven months after ordering it.

So Ford wins, I can’t wait until February, March or April for the hybrid. Ford can hear the 💰💰💰.

Come to Papa my little Ecoboost !
I’m sure Ford does not want a fleet of unsellable vehicles parked in Mexico.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went back though the news articles and forum post and found the info on the eCVT change out, and the fact that they retooled the eCVT in late July (29 July) and at the time that they retooled the assembly line of the eCVT it was 4 weeks after the original data was given to the EPA on the Hybrids. It only makes since the EPA will retest the the performance of the engine/eCVT based on the increase in horse power and torque. Ford may of actually asked that the EPA retest based on some of the numbers being shown during their Maverick team tour to demonstrate the Mavericks capabilities. Had the original engine/eCVT from the 2020 escape been used to get the certification there would not be a delay as that engine/eCVT had been certified. Also from what I read the first electric motors that were made for the eCVT were hand made, as the machinery for making them were not yet manufactured until July.

Last edited:

M.A.C.

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation
I’m sure Ford does not want a fleet of unsellable vehicles parked in Mexico.
When was the last time you herd of any manufacturer launching vehicles that EPA has not certified for sale….. why would you launch a vehicle you can’t sell……why would you build vehicles that are not certified for sale and then blame the EPA…… Sounds like Ford knew that the Hybrid was not ready for launch and did it anyway…… What’s the worse that could happen…..people like me that can’t wait will buy the 2.0….. and those that can wait for whatever time it takes…will still buy the Hybrid.

🧐 Ford new the Hybrid was not ready for launch 🚀 and launched it anyway.

Sponsored

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When was the last time you herd of any manufacturer launching vehicles that EPA has not certified for sale….. why would you launch a vehicle you can’t sell……why would you build vehicles that are not certified for sale and then blame the EPA…… Sounds like Ford knew that the Hybrid was not ready for launch and did it anyway…… What’s the worse that could happen…..people like me that can’t wait will buy the 2.0….. and those that can wait for whatever time it takes…will still buy the Hybrid.

🧐 Ford new the Hybrid was not ready for launch 🚀 and launched it anyway.
No but Sonora Cartel does!! free quiet small cargo hauler!!

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your Hybrid is built you can find it here!!

Ford Maverick EPA and Ford's process to getting EPA approval for Hybrid Maverick OKTB Screenshot 2021-10-11 232739

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
message me next summer when you get your hybrid bud
The worst part about the EPA testing delay for hybrids are people who ordered ecoboosts that think they're hot shit all of a sudden.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly when you get the government involved in anything chances are it will not turn out well. No one at Ford is going to bash the EPA testing and or certification. We are the mushrooms. Keep them in the dark and throw some S... out periodically.

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO, Ford wants the EPA to take their sweet time on the ratings, the hybrid standard was a total failure, they make more money on the ecoboost, the 20k price tag was to attract people then people would choose the Ecoboost ( pay more ) over the hybrid, that did not go as plan, so they want you to buy an ecoboost instead.
Opinions are like @ssholes, everybody has one.
Sponsored