Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Reading up on Forscan options I found that ALL models of the Maverick have this capability.

The "eye" (camera that detects oncoming cars for auto-dim) has other functions, including TSR. All Mavericks have this camera.

Using Forscan software and cable I enabled it easily. Here's how:

(I am surmising you know how to use Forscan. If you don't just Google or YouTube it. It's easy.)

1. Once connected choose the chip icon, then IPC Module Configuration (AS BUILT format). Find entry 720-03-02. Change the third character of the first octet to a letter C. [xxCx-xxxx]

2. Click "Write All" at the bottom of the screen and follow the screen prompts to turn ignition off/on.

3. Return to the "chip" button settings locate IPMA Module Configuration (AS BUILT format). Find 706-01-01 and change the third and fourth characters in the second octet as shown: [xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx]

4. Click "Write All" at the bottom of the screen and follow the screen prompts to turn ignition off/on.

5. On your dash display go to the "gears" icon indicating settings. Choose Driver Assistance, choose Traffic Sign Recognition and check Activate TSR.

THAT'S LITERALLY IT. You should now have working TSR indicating speed limit signs, no passing zones, etc.

Ford Maverick Enable TSR (traffic sign recognition) on XL/XLT with FORScan -- DIY how-to 20221109_194529

I'm no expert on Forscan so I may not be able to help others troubleshoot much, but I'll try. I gained my knowledge by reading all of the (currently 18) pages of @Maverick2022XL 's thread here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ition-tsr-forscan-mod-confirmed-working.9399/

Lots of discussion about Lariats and 6" screens so I weeded through it to find what works on the XL and XLT with the small screen. Following instructions there you can also activate other features regarding TSR.

Good luck and enjoy.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reading up on Forscan options I found that ALL models of the Maverick have this capability.

The "eye" (camera that detects oncoming cars for auto-dim) has other functions, including TSR. All Mavericks have this camera.

(I am surmising you know how to use Forscan. If you don't just Google or YouTube it. It's easy.)

1. Once connected choose the chip icon, then IPC Module Configuration (AS BUILT format). Find entry 720-03-02. Change the third character of the first octet to a letter C. [xxCx-xxxx]

2. Click "Write All" at the bottom of the screen and follow the screen prompts to turn ignition off/on.

3. Return to the "chip" button settings locate IPMA Module Configuration (AS BUILT format). Find 706-01-01 and change the third and fourth characters in the second octet as shown: [xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx]

4. Click "Write All" at the bottom of the screen and follow the screen prompts to turn ignition off/on.

5. On your dash display go to the "gears" icon indicating settings. Choose Driver Assistance, choose Traffic Sign Recognition and check Activate TSR.

THAT'S LITERALLY IT. You should now have working TSR indicating speed limit signs, no passing zones, etc.

20221109_194529.jpg

I'm no expert on Forscan so I may not be able to help others troubleshoot much, but I'll try. I gained my knowledge by reading all of the (currently 18) pages of @Maverick2022XL 's thread here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ition-tsr-forscan-mod-confirmed-working.9399/

Lots of discussion about Lariats and 6" screens so I weeded through it to find what works on the XL and XLT with the small screen. Following instructions there you can also activate other features regarding TSR.

Good luck and enjoy.
This is great! Love the feature. Thank you for posting!

Mav2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20221109_194529.jpg

Good luck and enjoy.
Where can I buy the forscan tool at? Sorry I'm a newbie to this forscan stuff 🧐

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
why didn’t Ford make this feature part of the system from the factory if it is capable?

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where can I buy the forscan tool at? Sorry I'm a newbie to this forscan stuff 🧐
forscan.org - you'll also need a USB to OBD cable, several suggestions posted on that site.

why didn’t Ford make this feature part of the system from the factory if it is capable?
No idea. It's not even considered an available "feature." 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Mav2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
forscan.org - you'll also need a USB to OBD cable, several suggestions posted on that site.

No idea. It's not even considered an available "feature." 🤷‍♂️
Thank you for your reply.

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is AWESOME!!! Quick question, how would you revert it back if you needed to?

Cromwell

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

what exactly does this feature do in practice?
If you look closely at the image in the first post, you'll see a "Limit 35" sign.

Sponsored
OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is AWESOME!!! Quick question, how would you revert it back if you needed to?
Just use the "As Built" file. Piece of cake.

what exactly does this feature do in practice?
If you look closely at the image in the first post, you'll see a "Limit 35" sign.
Thanks @Cromwell. So @sprubs, whenever I pass a speed limit sign it shows an image of the sign.

You'll notice "speed" isn't showing in the pic above. It does initially, but the screen I drive with covers "speed" after about 10 (?) seconds.

About a minute later the sign will invert colors (black with white lettering) to be still obvious, but less distracting.

The sign will remain there until I pass another speed limit sign or... change streets? I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Of course, if you're on the highway passing a large truck and the sign is on the other side the camera won't pick it up. Likewise if the sign is obscured by a tree or such.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
got it. I was googling and reading things like it would adjust your CC setting which seems a little too invasive for my liking but just showing you the last speed limit sign that was seen is kind of handy.

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

got it. I was googling and reading things like it would adjust your CC setting which seems a little too invasive for my liking but just showing you the last speed limit sign that was seen is kind of handy.
I'll see if I can get a short video of it today.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks @daddio211 ! I'll be tweaking my FX4 to
  • Enable all drive modes
  • Lane keeping assist
  • Add the TSR undocumented feature
Does yours chime when exceeding the speed limit? If not, you might take a look at this instruction -
Edit this code is needed to enable the chime alert option which makes an audible noise when you drive above the posted speed limit or set threshold to trigger a warning.​
IPC​
720-04-01​
xxxx-xx*x-xxxx​
change * to 4 to enable the chime setting​

Another forumite posted this along with your recommended changes.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost