Sponsored

Enable Lane Centering on XLT?

maxpaine1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Anyone know if lane centering can be enabled on XLT with co pilot 360. I know it has Lane keeping but it would be nice to have Lane centering like on the Lariat.
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. Land keeping can be added to xl because the camera system is there behind the mirror. Lane centering requires the radar module and maybe other components that aren't on anything but the lariat lux.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. Land keeping can be added to xl because the camera system is there behind the mirror. Lane centering requires the radar module and maybe other components that aren't on anything but the lariat lux.
Youā€™re probably right, but theoretically lane centering purely relies on that same camera for lane recognition so it confuses me that it would need the radar.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Youā€™re probably right, but theoretically lane centering purely relies on that same camera for lane recognition so it confuses me that it would need the radar.
It needs radar because in order to activate lane centering, adaptive cruise control needs to be set. No adaptive cruise control, no lane centering. They work together.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It needs radar because in order to activate lane centering, adaptive cruise control needs to be set. No adaptive cruise control, no lane centering. They work together.
Sure, but the software is getting hacked in interesting ways with Forscan as I am seeing in other threads so I donā€™t see why itā€™s not possible, theoretically. Itā€™s a software feature ultimately, since the camera hardware is there. Even if the radar module doesnā€™t exist, the Forscan sorcerers might be able to turn the software part off ACC on and get the lane centering active, just with no adaptiveness possible of course without the radar. It would need a steering wheel switch for it too, I guess one with the full ACC controls.

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They've been able to get different drive modes,cruise control, and upgraded audio system. Wish I could get adaptive cruise on my XLT šŸ˜¢

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure, but the software is getting hacked in interesting ways with Forscan as I am seeing in other threads so I donā€™t see why itā€™s not possible, theoretically. Itā€™s a software feature ultimately, since the camera hardware is there. Even if the radar module doesnā€™t exist, the Forscan sorcerers might be able to turn the software part off ACC on and get the lane centering active, just with no adaptiveness possible of course without the radar. It would need a steering wheel switch for it too, I guess one with the full ACC controls.
It's not getting hacked in Forscan per se, using Forscan allows another selection already programmed in the system to be used. These code modifications being written about in the MTC threads involve editing a code sequence that calls up a different existing module setting that has already been written.

There is nothing programmed in any Maverick unit that Forscan can allow Lane Centering to work independently of Adaptive Cruise Control. This would require an actual re-writing of a module and not a running of an existing one. This is way beyond anything we have seen written in the threads regarding Forscan to date.

Now, what you say is possible. Software code could be written completely fresh and installed to run a Lane Centering that is completely de-coupled of adaptive cruise. But it will not be just firing up Forscan and changing a number sequence in an existing module.

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford F250, 15 VW Passat,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So could adaptive CC And lane centering be added if the radar module is installed. I assume all the wiring is there. Not sure what a grill and module would cost but...

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So could adaptive CC And lane centering be added if the radar module is installed. I assume all the wiring is there. Not sure what a grill and module would cost but...
short answer is yes. But the wiring does not exist Take a look at the DIY forum whereā€™s thereā€™s a good write up about adding it to a Hybrid XLT lux. I will be retrofitting the Adaptive to an Ecoboost XL in the next week or so since all my parts have come in now.

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
short answer is yes. But the wiring does not exist Take a look at the DIY forum whereā€™s thereā€™s a good write up about adding it to a Hybrid XLT lux. I will be retrofitting the Adaptive to an Ecoboost XL in the next week or so since all my parts have come in now.
You're going to be doing the electric assisted brake booster too?

Sponsored

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're going to be doing the electric assisted brake booster too?
Later this year yes, but first I am going to see how it behaves with the regular booster and I also want to use an escape booster since they are much cheaper. Itā€™s going to require rerouting brake lines and either extending the abs connector or rerouting it if itā€™s long enough.

MaineMav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150
Later this year yes, but first I am going to see how it behaves with the regular booster and I also want to use an escape booster since they are much cheaper. Itā€™s going to require rerouting brake lines and either extending the abs connector or rerouting it if itā€™s long enough.
I would imagine it's going to be full of error codes as it looks for and fails to find signal feedback from the electronic brake booster. Kudos for trying but good luck....

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would imagine it's going to be full of error codes as it looks for and fails to find signal feedback from the electronic brake booster. Kudos for trying but good luck....
somebody else has already done it. No codes just lackluster stop and go driving. I really just want it for lane centering and full speed adaptive

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
somebody else has already done it. No codes just lackluster stop and go driving. I really just want it for lane centering and full speed adaptive
That was on a hybrid xlt though and it already has the electric brake booster.
Sponsored