Sponsored

Emergency Stuff in Your Truck? What Do You Carry For Emergencies?

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
a towel, toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc.; etc.
Sponsored

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My list:

Swiss Army knife
Roll of Duct Tape (flattened)
ID Card
Timex Camper Watch
Strike-Anywhere Matches,
Paper clips
Chewing Gum
Flashlight

-Angus MacGyver

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My List:
Leatherman Multi-Tool
Tire Plug Repair Kit
Portable Air Compressor
Air Gauge
Jumper Cables
Channellock Pliers
Screw Drivers
Shop Towels

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2 x get home bags

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
Let's see, I have a full first aid kit, emergency road side assistance kit & small tool kit with basic tools and tire plug. Glass breaker, seat belt cutter, tapes, straps, zip ties, bungy cords, parachute cord, wrags, flashlights, batteries, solar charger, small air pump, jumper cables & knife. I also carry oil, water and other fluids. I have all kinds of personal hygiene stuff including tp, and for safety, my pew pew (not stored) but on me. I carry a light jacket, spare shoes, and a soft, light weight blanket. Mosquito repellent. I pretty much live outdoors spring & summer and some may feel this is excessive but all are neccessary for my life style! I'm about to throw my tent in the bed too

Last edited:
Reactions: bgn

Sponsored

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I might as well be ready for...whatever. Here are the things I'm gathering to put in my Mav when it finally comes in:
- fire extinguisher
- fix-a-flat
- first aid kit
- tow strap
- flashlight
- blanket
- jumper cables
A work in Progress -- I’m expecting deliver of my hybrid (VB, XLT, SBL, Lux, 360) within the next two weeks. I addition to purchasing a number of accessories in expectation, I have also been planning my storage plan for the truck. My intent is to cover several contingencies:

Coming upon a major highway accident where I can assist in rendering medical aid pending the arrival of first responders

Caught in a major multi-car accident where traffic could be brought to a standstill for up to twelve hours

An accident with injuries with our car ending up off the road and not easily visible

An ordered evacuation where we are unable to first return home (i.e., approaching hurricane)

Who knows what else!

The medical items and most other small items will fit into one or the other of two rigid seatback Molle organizers purchased on Amazon. Common tools will go under the rear seat with any other items not fitting in a Molle pouch. Two folding chairs will be strapped in the bed under the tonneau. I can’t remember the number of times we have been to events with the grandkids and great grandkids where we would have welcomed the opportunity to sit. Finally, bungees and tie-down straps will be stored in the bed cubbies.

My draft packing list is attached:

Attachments

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A work in Progress -- I’m expecting deliver of my hybrid (VB, XLT, SBL, Lux, 360) within the next two weeks. I addition to purchasing a number of accessories in expectation, I have also been planning my storage plan for the truck. My intent is to cover several contingencies:

Coming upon a major highway accident where I can assist in rendering medical aid pending the arrival of first responders

Caught in a major multi-car accident where traffic could be brought to a standstill for up to twelve hours

An accident with injuries with our car ending up off the road and not easily visible

An ordered evacuation where we are unable to first return home (i.e., approaching hurricane)

Who knows what else!

The medical items and most other small items will fit into one or the other of two rigid seatback Molle organizers purchased on Amazon. Common tools will go under the rear seat with any other items not fitting in a Molle pouch. Two folding chairs will be strapped in the bed under the tonneau. I can’t remember the number of times we have been to events with the grandkids and great grandkids where we would have welcomed the opportunity to sit. Finally, bungees and tie-down straps will be stored in the bed cubbies.
May want to look at an F-150.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I might as well be ready for...whatever. Here are the things I'm gathering to put in my Mav when it finally comes in:
- fire extinguisher
- fix-a-flat
- first aid kit
- tow strap
- flashlight
- blanket
- jumper cables
9mm and a razor sharp knife. Oh, and an iron pipe and some band aids 😉

Sponsored

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
- fire extinguisher
- fix-a-flat
- first aid kit
- tow strap
- flashlight
- blanket
- jumper cables
Credit card and AAA card and cell phone.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Window hammer and jumper cables stay in my vehicle. Ryobi air pump goes on longer trips.

Takk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, HP Red
Hey guys, just 2c about first aid kits: make sure you review them periodically to make sure nothing has reached or exceeded its expiration date.

Second, food for thought, I've had it recommended to me several times (in training for certs) to not carry anything you don't actually know how to use (so either leave it behind or get you some training).

I applaud anyone doing good samaritan work, just remember to be safe while you do so, don't become a casualty yourself!

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe stick an emergency phone charging battery in the console or glove box as well. Somewhere you may see it every once in a while to check the battery.

Some of those battery jumper kits are big batteries with USB charging on them also. I wonder how well they work in most jumping situations, I’ve never had to use one.
Car dealership I work at uses them. Unless you use it daily should not be a problem.
Sponsored