Sponsored

Emergency Stuff in Your Truck? What Do You Carry For Emergencies?

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bond Rowdy .410 Derringer

Sccy CPX 9mm

Portable jump starter

Flashlight

HF tarp

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe stick an emergency phone charging battery in the console or glove box as well. Somewhere you may see it every once in a while to check the battery.

Some of those battery jumper kits are big batteries with USB charging on them also. I wonder how well they work in most jumping situations, I’ve never had to use one.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've used them several times, if you go cheap and get a small one they have a hard time turning over a big engine, especially if it is cold.

We hike a lot and keep a "hiking" kit. Water, cell battery packs, flashlight, strobe light, mini-air horn, first aid kit, fire starter and rain gear. I want to buy a personal locator beacon for when we really get out in the sticks.

I bought the Derringer for a snake gun and the 9mm for everything else. I'm not going to be a mountain lions' dinner without a fight.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Vape charger
Pipe
Emergency chronic
Lighter

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All of that is going in your infotainment cubby, right?
I might need someone to make a locking vault cubby for that!

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had been thinking about buying this kit that Ford sales, what do you all think about it ? It seems to have a lot of the things you have been talking about in one kit. Here is a picture of it and the Ford part number for it, also check different places on prices and I found it from $45 to $50.
VFL3Z-19F515-AB

Ford Maverick Emergency Stuff in Your Truck?  What Do You Carry For Emergencies? 81448f9d96b80d224e84b483617528f3 (1)

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would be nice to find a magnetic bag, like a Motorcycle, tank bag that can fit behind the back seat. Just attach it to the bare metal.

Ford Maverick Emergency Stuff in Your Truck?  What Do You Carry For Emergencies? D9DB045B-616F-4D91-9D0F-468806790E0D

Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I had been thinking about buying this kit that Ford sales, what do you all think about it ? It seems to have a lot of the things you have been talking about in one kit. Here is a picture of it and the Ford part number for it, also check different places on prices and I found it from $45 to $50.
VFL3Z-19F515-AB

81448f9d96b80d224e84b483617528f3 (1).gif
My wife wanted to add one and I immediately dismissed the idea on the basis that I could get one cheaper. That said, that $50kit has several useful items that aren't things I'd usually want or think of, I should get one just in case.

My youngin brain normally just keeps jumpers, patch kit, generic first aid.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife wanted to add one and I immediately dismissed the idea on the basis that I could get one cheaper. That said, that $50kit has several useful items that aren't things I'd usually want or think of, I should get one just in case.

My youngin brain normally just keeps jumpers, patch kit, generic first aid.
The price isn't horrible for the bag and all the accessories but for instance the jumper cables are likely the very cheapest you can find. That goes for everything else in the kit. For first aid I'd rather roll my own kit, but honestly a box of band aids and a roll of cloth medical tape will cover about 90% of what you need until you get home. Search "emergency kit for car" and you see similar options at half the price.

IMO you really need some road flares or LED flashers (that reflective triangle just isn't enough), a source of light (or two) and at least some basic tools like vice grips, and adjustable wrench and screwdrivers.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In response to all who have posted so far... no guns? Decayed mentioned ammo but no firearm.
A lot of states have weird laws that prevent carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle unless you have a carry permit and have one in a holster on your body. IMO a vehicle is a terrible place to store a firearm anyway but I understand why a lot of people do it.

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
A lot of states have weird laws that prevent carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle unless you have a carry permit and have one in a holster on your body. IMO a vehicle is a terrible place to store a firearm anyway but I understand why a lot of people do it.
They’re not for everyone. I understand why they make some people uncomfortable. That being said, I have a carry permit, but only carry on rare occasions. I never leave one in the car though. That’s just asking for bad things to happen if it got stolen. If you carry, carry it on you at all times. Never leave it anywhere that includes your car. So yeah, I pretty much agree with what you said.
Sponsored