Sponsored

Emergency Stuff in Your Truck? What Do You Carry For Emergencies?

DaveMave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Toyota p/u, Santa Cruz SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In that case I'd say also carry a roll of toilet paper, and baby wipes.
When I traveled for work to third world countries I had a back pack besides water I carried toilet paper and a product similar to baby wipes and hand sanitizer which was before COVID. the story above was my best commute ever. My normal commute was 1 + hours. All of the safety items are good recommendations. Having AAA I only carry my real emergency kit (contains many of the items herein)when going on a road trip. i need to see if it will fit under the back Seat.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep my AAA Club app on my phone, my insurance info in my glove box (do people outside of the South say 'glove box?'), some cash in an unobtrusive place, extra charging cables, and an extra jacket in winter in case I get stranded while waiting for AAA. I don't spend a lot of time in the wilderness so that seems like enough to get by until help comes.
Here in the south-west it is the "guantero"

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
after hearing about that cable issue in the Hybrid, I am thinking about getting the cable to have it ready for the dealer in case it goes bad. Save me a long wait for them to order one!

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Glock
Fire extinguisher

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's funny no one has mentioned a battery powered impact wrench.....
I have one in my wife's SUV. It is our travel vehicle. The lug nuts seem to get tighter as I get older. The one I have takes up a lot of space. Not a problem in her SUV but I may have to rethink what I am going to put in the Maverick.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't believe you should carry a fire extinguisher. Most vehicle fires I have personally know about were very quick to spread. Just the other day my supervisor was in a jeep that caught fire. He barely had time to get out. A tire blew catching woods on fire and then gas tank blew. Best thing to have is insurance and get away from burning vehicle, especially a hybrid if battery catches fire. Fire departments don't have equipment to put out lithium battery fire. They usually let them burn for hours or days.
That is probably worst advice's I have read. Don't carry a fire extinguisher because you cannot put out a big, fast fire.

I put people into two categories problem solvers and victims.
Problem solvers carry basic emergency equipment to help themselves and others.

Victims set along side of the road waiting for a problem solver to help them.

(or sit along side of the road watching their or someone else's car go up in flames because no one had a fire extinguisher to put out a small fire.)

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is probably worst advice's I have read. Don't carry a fire extinguisher because you cannot put out a big, fast fire.

I put people into two categories problem solvers and victims.
Problem solvers carry basic emergency equipment to help themselves and others.

Victims set along side of the road waiting for a problem solver to help them.

(or sit along side of the road watching their or someone else's car go up in flames because no one had a fire extinguisher to put out a small fire.)
In both the cases I reported a fire extinguisher would have been no use and someone would have been severally injured at best. I stated my opinion. Thank you for your constructive criticism.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In both the cases I reported a fire extinguisher would have been no use and someone would have been severally injured at best. I stated my opinion. Thank you for your constructive criticism.
But you said, "I don't believe you should carry a fire extinguisher."
I think we understand each of others points of view. I respect that car fires can and do get out of hand quickly. Now especially with lithium batteries.

Sponsored

NoCoolNameDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
9mm pistol
Chest seal
Tourniquet
Quickclot gauze
Compressed gauze
Nitrile gloves
EMT Shears

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need better fire extinguishers. I have 2-3 Element extinguishers and one halon in my Maverick.

RLader

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You need better fire extinguishers. I have 2-3 Element extinguishers and one halon in my Maverick.

Does that mean they are automatic? Because my supervisor had seconds to get out before the jeep he was in exploded. Fortunately he only received minor burns.