Sponsored

Emergency Stuff in Your Truck? What Do You Carry For Emergencies?

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep my AAA Club app on my phone, my insurance info in my glove box (do people outside of the South say 'glove box?'), some cash in an unobtrusive place, extra charging cables, and an extra jacket in winter in case I get stranded while waiting for AAA. I don't spend a lot of time in the wilderness so that seems like enough to get by until help comes.
In the north, they call it a mitten cubbie.
Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
Cell Phone
One-Hitter
Bic Lighter

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
The price isn't horrible for the bag and all the accessories but for instance the jumper cables are likely the very cheapest you can find. That goes for everything else in the kit. For first aid I'd rather roll my own kit, but honestly a box of band aids and a roll of cloth medical tape will cover about 90% of what you need until you get home. Search "emergency kit for car" and you see similar options at half the price.

IMO you really need some road flares or LED flashers (that reflective triangle just isn't enough), a source of light (or two) and at least some basic tools like vice grips, and adjustable wrench and screwdrivers.
Yeah that was my initial rationale, I am not the kind of person that will ever consciously buy a road flare or a reflective triangle but they are useful when you need them. Not sure what it is, I also don't check my oil on every gas fill up even though its easy and can be done before the gas is done filling. These sorts of things I make myself buy as part of a larger kit to justify it in my mind. $50 is nothing for safety, I'd spend any amount of money if I thought it would make a difference to myself or my wife but at the same time I can't help but notice I've never needed any of these things once and every first aid kit in every car I've ever driven was expired.

Long story short, I just have to trick my brain into buying things I don't feel like I need by getting them in a bundle so even a cheap crappy reflective triangle is better than me changing a tire alone at night on the side of the road.

Sponsored

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I might as well be ready for...whatever. Here are the things I'm gathering to put in my Mav when it finally comes in:
- fire extinguisher
- fix-a-flat
- first aid kit
- tow strap
- flashlight
- blanket
- jumper cables
This Video had two parts, and I think he has even updated it recently, but you might see something in here you'll want to include:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This Video had two parts, and I think he has even updated it recently, but you might see something in here you'll want to include:

Ooh! I forgot the folding shovel.

Listen guys, a quick trip through the automotive department at walmart can save you from being stuck on the side of a dark road in the cold and rain. It can save you from being run over while you deal with the problem. While you're there, pick up a couple of fire extinguishers for your house. They're cheap and can save your house.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a whole get home backpack in case for some reason I need to walk on in a SHTF type event. Here's something I learned from 2 recent breakdowns of my current vehicle: the tow truck driver may or may not give you a ride anywhere. They could possibly just leave you there on the side of the road. So have cold weather gear during the winter months.

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
flashlight, special zip tie like tourniquets - they are almost $20 each but you can apply to your self and they also work well for peds and adults, chest wound patch, large bandages (4x4), gloves, 81mg aspirin, term blanket, scissors, Benadryl, elastic bandages / wrap.....

Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Always carry a roll of toilet paper and paper towels.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Always carry a roll of toilet paper and paper towels.

That's what all of the paper napkins from the drive-thru are for. I'm pretty sure everything in my console is either a charging cable or a napkin. 🤣

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
glock (probably a bad idea since I leave it under the seat, which means someone could break in and steal it when I'm in the store, but I do it anyway so far). I'm in Texas so thats pretty normal, but also a target for thieves. Flashlight. I think a wrench like channel locks, a serrated folding knife. That's about it. The wrench is maybe so I could do very simple repairs, I guess mainly fiddle with the battery connectors as at one time I had an issue there (but not anymore). Also of course jumper cables and the factory jack. Also got this super neat battery jumper from Amazon for 50 dollars, it's compact battery with little cute cables that can jump your car. So far used it on a friend and started them right up. So dang convenient to use. About maybe 8" by 4", can also charge your cell phone etc in a Emergency. It says it can jump up to 20 times on a full charge, but given it's size I'm pretty sure you couldn't sit there and crank your battery repeatedly on it for too long. But if it's literally just a case of needing a jump, it works. also has a display that tells you your battery voltage, how much percent charged it is, etc.

99% of the time I'm driving in a relatively populated area anyway and it's a warm weather state, and with cell phone help is a phone call away.

Last edited:

Harleystreetbob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
harley electra glide maverick hybrid xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
battery charger,inflater/tire repair kit,dog leash,dog food,bolt cutter,blanket,condoms and fire extinquisher
Sponsored