Sponsored

Emergency Stuff in Your Truck? What Do You Carry For Emergencies?

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
I might as well be ready for...whatever. Here are the things I'm gathering to put in my Mav when it finally comes in:
- fire extinguisher
- fix-a-flat
- first aid kit
- tow strap
- flashlight
- blanket
- jumper cables
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Make sure the fire extinguisher is an automotive one, not a household one (different foam types). You may also want one of the following, flares, waterproof LED warning lights or reflective triangles to put behind your vehicle, in case you have to stop on the side of the road. Why? If the vehicles power is disabled, or runs out you need to let other drives know the vehicle is there if it is dark/poor conditions. Some dried goods, like some energy bars or something else non-perishable, in case you get stranded.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I might as well be ready for...whatever. Here are the things I'm gathering to put in my Mav when it finally comes in:
- fire extinguisher
- fix-a-flat
- first aid kit
- tow strap
- flashlight
- blanket
- jumper cables
Good idea: I’m a believer, but - I’d drop the flashlight and jumper cables and replace with a $50-$70 Lithium Jump Starters (also saves a lot of space) that has a powerful flashlight and much more reliable and safer than jumper cables. Most Jump Starters won't allow you to connect cables backwards, plus no "doner" car needed, and you can help others.

Add a small air pump, fix-a-flat rarely puts enough air in a tire to make it road worthy…just my experience. They work if you have a small air compressor. I also prefer a 4-way lug nut tool behind the rear seat, safer, faster and much less work. Vehicle OEM lug nut wrenches are almost always, IMO, useless.

Last edited:

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In addition to your list I'd add Water bottles and Tissues.
I always keep a 24 pack of water in my car, and I am always looking for some sort of snack to keep around as well.

Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
I worked in a service station when I was young and unless they’ve changed their formula, fix a flat makes it impossible to put a patch on the inside of a tire. Instead I carry a plug kit and a small air compressor.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
I carry some TP. You just never know. 😁

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I recently built an emergency kit in a little ammo can that has basic tools, compact hacksaw, utility knife, a tire plug kit, a battery powered led work light, headlamp, work gloves, an emergency poncho, road flares, rags, and spare eyeglasses. In the trunk there is also a decent 4 way lug wrench, towing strap, extra oil, a fire extinguisher, jumper cables, a 12v compressor and a lithium jump starter.

I recently got stuck with a flat and the knob you turn to unscrew the spare broke. If I had a set of vice grips to remove the bolt, I would not have been stuck so long. Fortunately it happened on a beautiful warm evening. If it happened on a dark road on cold rainy night in the middle of winter I would have had a different set of problems. This kit solves a lot of those problems.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I carry some TP. You just never know. 😁
That's for amateurs. Get some wet ones: not only can you wipe your bum, you can use them to clean small cuts, disinfect stuff like public toilet seats and wipe spaghetti sauce off your face or shirt.

Ford Maverick Emergency Stuff in Your Truck?  What Do You Carry For Emergencies? e0-1648b8ee8308_1.40c1dec95d1350eef4f5a57560358e1a

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
That's for amateurs. Get some wet ones: not only can you wipe your bum, you can use them to clean small cuts, disinfect stuff like public toilet seats and wipe spaghetti sauce off your face or shirt.
see that’s what the Everclear is for… and, it will keep you warm. 🤣

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in the desert. I carry some of the stuff already mentioned, but my most important things are:

water + water + water
sun hat
long sleeve sun shirt
blanket
folding chair

If your car breaks down and you have to wait for a while -- and it's 110 degrees -- it's good to find a place to sit down in some shade and hydrate till the tow truck comes.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
A few more items to consider:
Multi-tool
Eye glass repair kit
Paracord
Medium size Swiss army knife
Poncho with liner
Hothands warmers
Latex gloves
Extra large plastic leaf bag with twist tie
Reflective vest

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
- fire extinguisher
- fix-a-flat
- first aid kit
- tow strap
- flashlight
- blanket
- jumper cables
I keep my AAA Club app on my phone, my insurance info in my glove box (do people outside of the South say 'glove box?'), some cash in an unobtrusive place, extra charging cables, and an extra jacket in winter in case I get stranded while waiting for AAA. I don't spend a lot of time in the wilderness so that seems like enough to get by until help comes.
Sponsored