Sponsored

Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids.

MAVornoMavisthequestion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 toyota trd pro 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And Toyota 85 years yet still is cutting hundreds of thousands of vehicles from production estimates.
Correct but at least they are building cars and not keeping them in lots like ford to rust away. 40k bronco's rusting away in Detroit lot.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct but at least they are building cars and not keeping them in lots like ford to rust away. 40k bronco's rusting away in Detroit lot.
If you think a vehicle can't sit for a few months without falling apart why would you have confidence in owning it for multiple years?

MAVornoMavisthequestion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 toyota trd pro 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you think a vehicle can't sit for a few months without falling apart why would you have confidence in owning it for multiple years?
You think it's smart to build cars and keep on the lot due to shortage issues? I have had a few jeeps ordered and delivered during covid. Jeep stops certain options from being ordered when they hit capacity.

Ford let's orders go in and forces you to wait and then your in limbo for up to years. Not knowing what is going on. Ford logistics are by far worse than any company I have encountered. Only thing that will change this is competion. Good for consumers and maybe a replacement of management at Ford. To spend millions building cars you can't sell is idiotic. Build ones that can go out not build and wait. Yes cars that sit for months are no good. Tires dry rot, being in Detroit with snow, metal can rust.

Do you really want to buy a brand 2 year old bronco that sat on lot for a year? Who knows what else can happen. Rodents can get in and chew up plastics. Stop being a defender of Ford. Ford has experience with hybrids. You have escapes running in nyc for 500k miles as taxis. I want a maverick hybrid but if the wait is years, we'll I will move on.

10Terp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer XLT, '06 Escape Hybrid, '04 Expy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just dropped the Lux package off my XLT Hybrid in the hopes it'll be more buildable. Now all I have specced is an XLT Hybrid with a tow hitch and full size spare and nothing else. I'm the first MY23 order with a priority code 12; so I am hopeful I'll get one this coming year. I really hope everybody here gets theirs!

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sumbit that exactly zero people here know how best to manage a supply chain during these times. For the guy who has ordered "several" jeeps during covid, good for you, that really doesn't affect this at all, does it? Every business is still having trouble with suply chains. And go drive your new jeeps, anyway.

Sponsored

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a 23 Lariat hybrid ordered and am hopeful to get it built. Ford wants to build and sell hybrids but can't get the necessary parts. What I don't understand is Ford's pricing. One would think that the 2.0 Ecoboost is significantly cheaper to provide than a hybrid drivetrain. Why would Ford price it for more in 22 and now the same in 23? I would have ordered the 2.0 if it was $1,000 less than the hybrid and would have probably sprung for AWD as well. Hybrids always cost more in other vehicles, even other Fords. Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: HTX

Scott052065

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick lariat hybrid/ 2018 Ford sel edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I have heard from three sources that somewhere around 80% of the orders for 2023 Mavericks are for hybrids.

The Ford Video Guy said that about 80% of their hundreds of orders were for hybrids. That was covered well in this post.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...xlt-206-lariat-with-80-of-them-hybrids.20750/

There is a poll here that says that 72.9% of the 480 members that answered the poll had ordered hybrids

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/is-your-2023-order-a-hybrid-or-ecoboost.20390/

There was also a post in the Facebook Maverick group by someone at a smaller dealership that said that 21 of their 25 orders (84%) were for hybrids.

Ford has said that they expect that about 35% of the 2023 Mavericks can be built as hybrids.

1663763976876.png

Despite some of the wild numbers being thrown out no one really knows how many 2023 orders have been entered but I think that it is pretty safe to say that they have a lot more hybrid orders than they can fill.

It could be that Ford managing the orders well and closed the Hybrid order book before there were way more hybrid orders than they could fill but when you hear about dealerships with hundreds of customer orders I tend to doubt that.

Ford has already said not to expect any sort of price protection like they did for 2022 orders if you do not get a 2023 order. The tone of that memo which also said they would close the order books early sounded a bit panicked.

I set up my preorder in July for my ideal hybrid when the order book was scheduled for August when little of this was known. By Monday it was pretty clear that even with long wait that the odds of me getting that 2023 hybrid were not good so I set up a second order for an Ecoboost with a different dealer. I hope I will get the Ecoboost by next spring if not even by this winter since only 20% of the orders are for Ecoboosts.

We will not be driving a lot of miles each year on our Maverick so the lower MPG does not have a huge impact on us and the Ecoboost will still get better MPGs than the pickup it is replacing so that can work for us.

It is not clear to me if you will be allowed to change your order from Hybrid to Ecoboost after the order banks close. If someone knows for sure it would be good if you could clarify that.

If not then today(9/21/22) is the last day that you can set up an Ecoboost order so you might want to consider if you should change your order to Ecoboost or enter a backup Ecoboost order if not getting your hybrid would be a problem for you.

Any thoughts about this elephant?
When my dealer called to confirm I wanted to move my22 to my23 he suggested to change it to an echo boost to get faster. Next day he called to confirm that gonna leave as hybrid remove spray in bed liner and make priority 10 and hope for the best. Doest sound promising to me and my original order was placed 10/15/2021

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
If I have to keep driving a gas-engined vehicle I might as well just stick with my 4WD 2003 Explorer Sport Trac XLT, which in many ways is more robust, capable, and comfortable than a Maverick Ecoboost will ever be.
Pretty bolt statement for someone who doesn't even have a Maverick.

You couldn't pay me to drive a 20 year old Sport Trac..

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 20-year old Sport Trac has:
- V6 engine - more powerful than Maverick 4-cylinder Ecoboost
- On-demand 4WD
- Front and rear seat AC
- Composite bed
- Easy clean rubber flooring
- Fog Lights
- Power vertical rear window
- 6 tie-down cleats in bed perimeter
- Driver & passenger assist handles

The Maverick Ecoboost has none of these things. I have ordered a Maverick Hybrid XLT, specially for the hybrid MPG. If all I could have was a Maverick Ecoboost truck I may as well keep the more full-featured Sport Trac. It's also paid for. 😊

Sponsored

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dad said he heard of it because Jim Cramer from Mad Money ordered one. Which i found comical.
Hope the value of the truck doesn’t tank like many of his calls lol

Last edited:

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 20-year old Sport Trac has:
- V6 engine - more powerful than Maverick 4-cylinder Ecoboost

The Maverick Ecoboost has none of these things. I have ordered a Maverick Hybrid XLT, specially for the hybrid MPG. If all I could have was a Maverick Ecoboost truck I may as well keep the more full-featured Sport Trac. It's also paid for. 😊
I was curious, so I looked up the Sport Trac V6

203 horsepower at 5,250 rpm
237 pound-feet of torque at 3,000 rpm

2.0 Ecoboost
250 horsepower at 5500 rpm
277 pound-feet of torque at 3000 rpm

I then looked up a 92 1500 Silverado 5.7 V8 (a truck I had long ago..)

Power203 ps (200 bhp / 149 kw) @ 4000 rpm
Torque420 Nm (310 lb-ft) @ 2400 rpm

I had a 3/4 ton 2004 Chevy 6.0 V8 at one time as well. The little Maverick 2.0 isn't underpowered compared to it either...

Horsepower300 hp @ 4,400 rpm
Torque360 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've actually started hunting for a Maverick Hybrid because of my doubts my order will show up. I found an XLT that I believe is listed at MSRP only a few hours from me. I've inquired and I might just bite the bullet on it.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Anyone know if anyone sells a Maverick decal? Just in case I give up and decide I'm not ever going to receive my Maverick. It would be funny (to me at least) to take off the Civic decal (or whatever I end up getting) and putting a Maverick decal in it's place. 🤣

/ Not actually giving up yet until here more about Ford output and how real allocation numbers are.
Sponsored