Sponsored

Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If i don't get my ordered hybrid I wont be ordering one in 2024. Toyota will have theirs out by then. Or i just keep what I have till dead. But there will be no 2024 order for a Mav. I get it or i am out.
Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't want to trigger anyone or play the troll. But I've thought from the start that the base hybrid was a loss-leader and a compliance car. I don't expect Ford to ever offer it beyond a limited quantity each year. I should add I have zero evidence to support that claim.

If I'm right, then you folks who are buying hybrids are going to have a very valuable commodity in your garages. A car a lot of people want to buy but can't. Because Ford will only make 50,000 of them each year for the next few years.

I repeat that I have zero evidence to support that claim.
I suspect Ford has allocated just enough computer chips to Mavericks to bring their fleet EPA average to a certain target, then the rest go to money-makers like F150 and Broncos...

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hate to say it, but I"m wondering why Ford didn't just raise the price 4 or 5 thousand dollars for 2023's. Would have increased their profits and still have plant running at capacity. Instead they're going to have thousands of dissatisfied customers whose orders got canceled.
$2,300 is enough of a raise for one year. That's 11.5% on a base model.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If i don't get my ordered hybrid I wont be ordering one in 2024. Toyota will have theirs out by then. Or i just keep what I have till dead. But there will be no 2024 order for a Mav. I get it or i am out.
Ford doesn't care. They build what they can.

wrbrb

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, 80% of the orders so far have been Hybrids – I’m also not debating this.
I think what people are forgetting or not understanding is that this is for RETAIL orders.
Dealer STOCK orders are still OPEN.
Interesting hypothesis... Could this be proven true by getting input from dealers to see if they're able to order hybrids or just Ecoboost?

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford doesn't care. They build what they can.
True if they cant they cant. I am off to another vehicle then.

I just hope they don't SAY they will build them then not. So lets say they have a 50K orders of the Hybrid. They know they can only build 30K. Cancel the last 20k of orders NOW. Don't let people out there hanging. that will build long resentment .

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I just hope they don't SAY they will build them then not. So lets say they have a 50K orders of the Hybrid. They know they can only build 30K. Cancel the last 20k of orders NOW. Don't let people out there hanging. that will build long resentment .
They don't care about the resentment, either. ;)

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

If Ford genuinely believes they can build them but the post-Covid economy continues to prevent them from being able to do so, that's understandable. If Ford knowingly took more orders than it knows it can handle, then that's another.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I have heard from three sources that somewhere around 80% of the orders for 2023 Mavericks are for hybrids.

The Ford Video Guy said that about 80% of their hundreds of orders were for hybrids. That was covered well in this post.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...xlt-206-lariat-with-80-of-them-hybrids.20750/

There is a poll here that says that 72.9% of the 480 members that answered the poll had ordered hybrids

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/is-your-2023-order-a-hybrid-or-ecoboost.20390/

There was also a post in the Facebook Maverick group by someone at a smaller dealership that said that 21 of their 25 orders (84%) were for hybrids.

Ford has said that they expect that about 35% of the 2023 Mavericks can be built as hybrids.

1663763976876.png

Despite some of the wild numbers being thrown out no one really knows how many 2023 orders have been entered but I think that it is pretty safe to say that they have a lot more hybrid orders than they can fill.

It could be that Ford managing the orders well and closed the Hybrid order book before there were way more hybrid orders than they could fill but when you hear about dealerships with hundreds of customer orders I tend to doubt that.

Ford has already said not to expect any sort of price protection like they did for 2022 orders if you do not get a 2023 order. The tone of that memo which also said they would close the order books early sounded a bit panicked.

I set up my preorder in July for my ideal hybrid when the order book was scheduled for August when little of this was known. By Monday it was pretty clear that even with long wait that the odds of me getting that 2023 hybrid were not good so I set up a second order for an Ecoboost with a different dealer. I hope I will get the Ecoboost by next spring if not even by this winter since only 20% of the orders are for Ecoboosts.

We will not be driving a lot of miles each year on our Maverick so the lower MPG does not have a huge impact on us and the Ecoboost will still get better MPGs than the pickup it is replacing so that can work for us.

It is not clear to me if you will be allowed to change your order from Hybrid to Ecoboost after the order banks close. If someone knows for sure it would be good if you could clarify that.

If not then today(9/21/22) is the last day that you can set up an Ecoboost order so you might want to consider if you should change your order to Ecoboost or enter a backup Ecoboost order if not getting your hybrid would be a problem for you.

Any thoughts about this elephant?
Well just because 80+% percent ordered ate hybrids doesn't mean Ford can deliver that many I'm believing 35% of all hybrid orders will be built the rest of the people are just s*** out of luck. Which is all BS Has when ford released the video on YouTube that Maverick is the 1st ever full hybrid pickup truck there was no mention of Eco boost so to me it is false advertising and misleading that everybody will get a hybrid. We can only hope that somebody else has a truck similar to the Maverick in the pipeline so Ford can stick their Maverick where the sun don't shine, Plus they keep feeding us all this commodity restrictions blah blah blah We are mad as h*** and not gonna take it

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The natives are restless.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
5 days after the RETAIL order banks opened, they reached their 35,000 (35%) Cap on Hybrids, so they closed the RETAIL order banks. Yes, that happened to be 80% of the orders, but again, those are RETAIL orders. That just means that 80% of the Retail Orders are Hybrids – SO WHAT! Who Cares? People like Hybrids, that’s all that means. Ford still have STOCK orders for dealerships to fulfi
I don't know about the 5 days they reached their cap. I feel they reached it in the first couple of days. The close felt rushed with all the technical difficulties and all. Tim had mentioned Ford said they would give a weeks notice before closing banks. Well the rush to close makes me think they underestimated yet again.

If there will be sooo many stock ecoboosts orders to offset the hybrids, then so much for concentraing on retail orders first. Tons of allocations will go to dealer inventory. People revolted against that last year about dealers getting EB stock while we waited, Ford changed that policy after people complained.

But who knows.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suspect Ford has allocated just enough computer chips to Mavericks to bring their fleet EPA average to a certain target, then the rest go to money-makers like F150 and Broncos...
Spot on assessment, and the actual reality of the situation.

Ford doesn't care to satisfy consumers of a low profit vehicle.
Sponsored