Sponsored

Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
is that "printout" your DORA? There are quite a few fields on there specifying your ordered packages and options, etc. I sat with my sales rep and watched him enter it in WBDO (he made a couple mistakes we caught) and only after I OK'd it did it get entered and me sign it. I might be paranoid, but I'd be worried if you are not seeing where exactly they are entering whatever info you gave the sales rep and reviewing before signing anything.

Did you get the "Order confirmed" email directly from Ford as well? If you did not get that and it's not submitted for COVP with confirmation, you may not have a valid order in the system...
Ford is out of control.
Sponsored

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am hoping Ford learned from the MY2022 ordering procedure, and I don't think they intentionally try to piss consumers off by repeated mistakes. As others have pointed out, I think it is a GOOD THING Ford closed the Hybrid ordering banks early. Logically (I know a big leap) it should mean Ford recognized they were reaching their Hybrid retail building capacity. If that's the case, most of us should see our orders...eventually. That is IF your salesman placed the order correctly. This would logically (there's that word again) apply to the EB ordering banks staying open for retail orders a bit longer, as it does appear more Hybrids were retail ordered. After retails order close, the dealers can put some dealer orders in to get stock in their lots, which was not much for MY2022 unless they were canceled retail orders were someone got tired of waiting. As for me, I'm just going to save my money for a bigger down payment and be patient. I am a "day one-priority 10" order, and my salesman is fairly confident I will see my order in 6-8 months. The order is for the Lariat Lux, CPA. While they are "constraint packages" I did not load it up with a bed-liner, mud guards, or other low supply items I can add on after market. (I think that may be the key)
I agree and said basically the same thing earlier. I think they closed the order banks because they reached their Hybrid building capacity, and that the Stock orders that dealerships will be able to put in will have to all be EcoBoosts in order to get the total number of produced Mavericks at the 35%/65% Hybrid/EcoBoost ratio. Just goes to show that more people want the Hybrid though.

I got my order in Day 1 and was the first one at my dealership. I had been working with my dealer for months though, so I was first in line and he had my entire build already. All he had to do was put it in as soon as the servers went live.

I ordered a Lariat WITHOUT the lux package or any constraint items at all. So hopefully mine will be made relatively quickly, and I stress "Relatively"

LuxMavHP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick 23 Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Lariat WITHOUT the lux package or any constraint items at all. So hopefully mine will be made relatively quickly, and I stress "Relatively"
That is the smart way to have ordered the Lariat, and I almost went that route. I do think your strategy gives you a better chance of getting it quicker. And, the Lux Lariat is damn nice! I'm just hoping mine without the after market add-on's comes through, but will probably take longer. I can live with that! I am curious to see when you get your VIN. I hope you post it when you do, I would like to see the time difference.

Last edited:

Milqueman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid, 2013 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is the smart way to have ordered the Lariat, and I almost went that route. I do think your strategy gives you better chance of getting it quicker. And, the Lux Lariat is damn nice! I'm just hoping mine without the after market add-on's comes through, but will probably take longer. I can live with that! I am curious to see when you get your VIN. I hope you post it when you do, i would like to see the time difference.
I will post when I get a VIN. I'm curious too how long it will take.

Personally, I didn't really care for 90% of the items in the Lux package. All I really wanted from that package was the heated seats, mirrors, and windshield wipers, but I couldn't see paying $4,000 for that.

LuxMavHP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick 23 Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should all day1 orders be marked priority10? Mine is marked 11
I have not read that, but possible if others have found that out. I've purchased four other vehicles from this dealer in about three years. I'm told I'm a "preferred customer" so I suspect that may have something to do with it. I was surprised to see the priority 10. On the first day as I was building the order at the dealership, I saw on the computer it was a 19. As I was leaving and handed my build order, it had changed to a 10. I did not say a word, but suspect when my salesman went over to the sales manager, the sales manager changed it.

Sponsored

LuxMavHP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick 23 Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will post when I get a VIN. I'm curious too how long it will take.

Personally, I didn't really care for 90% of the items in the Lux package. All I really wanted from that package was the heated seats, mirrors, and windshield wipers, but I couldn't see paying $4,000 for that.
It was a toss up as I wanted those options for the winter (I was surprised how much I liked the heated seats and steering wheel on my 2021 F-150) and the ACC as I've become too damn lazy to have a standard cruise control. The co-Pilot assist forced it upon me as I am sure you are well aware of. I agree 100%, the extra $$ ALMOST kept me away from it.

I will post my VIN when I get it, and look out for your post as well :)

LuxMavHP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick 23 Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Imagine if they had launched the Hybrid in awd... the EcoBoost would have been completely ignored.
Agreed! Probably coming to a new Model Year near you soon!

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Imagine if they had launched the Hybrid in awd... the EcoBoost would have been completely ignored.
Only if the had the production volume of the hybrid powertrain components. They don't. So EB would still be as common even if only out of convenience (and desire for more HP).

LuxMavHP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick 23 Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only if the had the production volume of the hybrid powertrain components. They don't. So EB would still be as common even if only out of convenience (and desire for more HP).
Awww...good point!

Krazyrabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
I think that is so wrong. Because I want to improve my standard of living they get to come down on me anyway and take up my windfall? Just makes me feel even more like I am just their cash cow. Makes me want to disconnect from the whole stupid system. I think I'll have a chat with my local Senator and Rep about this.
What should happen is that the owners of ICE vehicles that have the lowest milage should pay the most in registration and then a lowering scale to those who have EVs that should pay the least.

Sponsored

gmanview

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid, but now I have done everyone who ordered one a favor and switched to a Tremor. Now that they don't have to build my hybrid they can build someone else's. You're Welcome!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

My XLT Tremor will be slightly more expensive than the fully loaded Lariat Hybrid I originally ordered (thanks to the lack of the private offer applying to the Tremor) but it is really what I want. I don't need a Tremor, but I just like how it looks and I want it. So, here we are. Maybe it will actually get made this [model] year.
Thank you, Sir.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My daily is a diesel superduty. I drive 4-5000 miles a month for work, which pays me the $.64 the government allows for reimbursemen, average mpg is 19 calculate. I have other needs for a big truck outside of work. I can justify the Maverick just on savings of fuel alone, but if you factor in depreciatio, it pays for itself in 18 months or so.

My quandary is this. With so many highway miles, will I never really see the benefit of the hybrid? and is it worth the risk of a significant production delay to just go for the ecoboost?

Definately first world problems….
Hybrid is better in city and highway. Hwy gap is just smaller.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. I'm happy that I got in when I did. Serendipidy.

2. I wonder when they'll start making these in the correct proportions.

3. It seems rather backward thinking to plan on more gas than hybrid.

4. Where's the EV? There's an ev tax credit of $7500 for pickups that cost less than &80,000. Can you imagine a similar platform with $75000 of battery in it. Shoot, you could put $10,000 of battery in it and charge $3000 more and it would still be a steal. I know engineering these things takes time, but it's not like there aren't other people that have been able to see the trend. (rivian, Tesla...) I guess they're betting and still working on the lightning. 🤷‍♂️ I went in to the dealer looking for at the lightning and walked out and ordered a Maverick. I just don't want or need that much truck. I'd love a commuter EV truck with a modest range at a lower price. I know in not everyone, but I bet there are more like me.

Ford Maverick Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids. GifMeme03265522092022