Sponsored

Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I have heard from three sources that somewhere around 80% of the orders for 2023 Mavericks are for hybrids.

The Ford Video Guy said that about 80% of their hundreds of orders were for hybrids. That was covered well in this post.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...xlt-206-lariat-with-80-of-them-hybrids.20750/

There is a poll here that says that 72.9% of the 480 members that answered the poll had ordered hybrids

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/is-your-2023-order-a-hybrid-or-ecoboost.20390/

There was also a post in the Facebook Maverick group by someone at a smaller dealership that said that 21 of their 25 orders (84%) were for hybrids.

Ford has said that they expect that about 35% of the 2023 Mavericks can be built as hybrids.

1663763976876.png

Despite some of the wild numbers being thrown out no one really knows how many 2023 orders have been entered but I think that it is pretty safe to say that they have a lot more hybrid orders than they can fill.

It could be that Ford managing the orders well and closed the Hybrid order book before there were way more hybrid orders than they could fill but when you hear about dealerships with hundreds of customer orders I tend to doubt that.

Ford has already said not to expect any sort of price protection like they did for 2022 orders if you do not get a 2023 order. The tone of that memo which also said they would close the order books early sounded a bit panicked.

I set up my preorder in July for my ideal hybrid when the order book was scheduled for August when little of this was known. By Monday it was pretty clear that even with long wait that the odds of me getting that 2023 hybrid were not good so I set up a second order for an Ecoboost with a different dealer. I hope I will get the Ecoboost by next spring if not even by this winter since only 20% of the orders are for Ecoboosts.

We will not be driving a lot of miles each year on our Maverick so the lower MPG does not have a huge impact on us and the Ecoboost will still get better MPGs than the pickup it is replacing so that can work for us.

It is not clear to me if you will be allowed to change your order from Hybrid to Ecoboost after the order banks close. If someone knows for sure it would be good if you could clarify that.

If not then today(9/21/22) is the last day that you can set up an Ecoboost order so you might want to consider if you should change your order to Ecoboost or enter a backup Ecoboost order if not getting your hybrid would be a problem for you.

Any thoughts about this elephant?
Not surprising to see demand for the hybrid being so high. It's the more fuel efficient, more affordable, more reliable version of the maverick aside from a small number of early maverick owners having wiring harness issues. Which almost certainly won't be an issue for future builds. The Ecoboost maverick is still a fantastic truck, but it only really comes into its own if you need awd, which most people in my state of Utah don't, our winters are quite mild, or need to tow or haul a lot. Which we won't be using our maverick to do. Only hauling a few times a year, and definitely not towing at all, have no need to. That being said, I hope Ecoboost owners still have a fantastic ownership experience, no hate towards them.
Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suspect that if there are actually dealer stock deliveries for 2023 they will all be EcoBoosts. Probably XLT FX4 AWD EcoBoosts in many cases because AWD and the FX4 package are not constraints and great sellers on trucks. People sort of expect trucks to be 4WD/AWD and have some version of the FX4 package. I doubt they will all be AWD XLTs but suspect most will. Of course that isn't going to happen for a while and they won't be what you would call common even when (if) it happens.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can't blame them...received my HYBRID on 12/23/21 and with over 15k trouble free miles, it's a sure WINNER! Solid 10 on a 1-10 scale. Averaging 43 mpg over the last 12k miles, 40 hwy/60 city.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because it goes allocation then priority then timestamp. Given the truck was sold out in four days, being on day three puts you way down the list due to your order timestamp. Unless a constraint prevents orders above you from being worked, they have priority.
Will see how that works

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only interested in the hybrid.

I don't like turbo engines, so if the Maverick hybrid is not filled during the 2023 model year when I literally ordered within the first 12 hours that their order system actually started working from a large dealer that has been with Ford for over 50 years, I'll most likely order a different hybrid from someone else.

Sponsored

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
I could be wrong, but I think I saw somewhere, that the lower percentage of XL trim on the commodities list is due to the percentage of MY2022 Maverick XL ordered and the anticipated percentage of orders for MY2023 Maverick XL. Not due to constraints for XL equipment. Can someone confirm or deny?

I think some of it is just trying to push people to XLT. I imagine the profit for an XL is non existent, it's only there so they can say "starting at ...". They don't intend to sell many XL, they want to push people to the XLT and Lariat so they can make a little profit.

Get people in the door with the XL price and then sell them an XLT.

Rduyve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid (Lux/BAP/CP360)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See - I want an XL Hybrid Maverick. I'm not going to give Ford an addition $3k to get into a hybrid. They marketed a $20k truck they couldn't build. Now its a $22k truck they'll only build if you pay at least $25k for....

I don't want an at least $25k hybrid truck. I want the $20k hybrid truck I ordered more than a year ago.
Didn't see you were a roll over. You should be fine. Why are you mad? You are getting a $2700 rebate and only a $2200 increase?

Debbiebugsy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered an XLT hybrid with cp360, I think my order was #6 which makes me hopeful that my order will be fulfilled, unless the dealership only gets enough allocations for rollovers.
How do you find out what your order number is

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't see you were a roll over. You should be fine. Why are you mad? You are getting a $2700 rebate and only a $2200 increase?
My dealer is fighting me on my COVP order status (It DEFINITELY was seeing as my Bronco was ordered the same day and had to be COVP in order to be built - which it was built).

But it isn't just about me - Ford marketed a $20k truck and really never delivered. It would be interesting to see the number of XL Maverick hybrids produced but I would bet it doesn't eclipse 10k. That's not a mass market vehicle.

The reality is that in early 2021 Ford marketed a $20k truck they never really intended to build. Now the next model year it is $2k more, and if you actually want to get a hybrid you need to order the XLT which makes it a $25k truck.

The truck is 25% more expensive than what they marketed.

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
If you honestly want a hybrid Maverick, I would change it to an xlt. Definitely going to be a majority of them on the road
The problem with that is that you get little of value by going to the XLT.

If you get an XL with Copilot 360 you already get power mirrors and you can easily add the cubby and extra tie downs for about $60 and 30 minutes work.

I really do not care about the upgraded wheels and in fact I would rather not have them since they will be more prone to being stolen.

I don't plan on putting a cover on the bed of the truck so the power tailgate lock is sort of a head scratcher and worthless since anyone can just reach into the truck bed if they want to take something:D

Just going to the XLT really does not get me much of anything for the cost.

Ford Maverick Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids. 1663787223140

My EB order is for the XLT with the lux package though mainly because I wanted the upgraded power seats with more adjustments and the trailer hitch receiver could be handy some day. Even then it has a lot of things like heated seats and steering wheel which are useless to me since I live in the South where they are not needed. My other car has heated seats and the only time I have ever used them is when I am bringing a pizza home so the pizza stays warm.

Ford Maverick Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids. 1663788394434

ford5

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150; 2018 Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not going to spend another $1,000 downpayment to order an EB. I trust that my first-day Lariat hybrid order will be built. I ordered from a small dealer so I wonder if that puts me at a disadvantage. I read on her about allocations but we really don't have any idea how Ford's allocation system works. Time will tell.

Rduyve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid (Lux/BAP/CP360)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer is fighting me on my COVP order status (It DEFINITELY was seeing as my Bronco was ordered the same day and had to be COVP in order to be built - which it was built).

But it isn't just about me - Ford marketed a $20k truck and really never delivered. It would be interesting to see the number of XL Maverick hybrids produced but I would bet it doesn't eclipse 10k. That's not a mass market vehicle.

The reality is that in early 2021 Ford marketed a $20k truck they never really intended to build. Now the next model year it is $2k more, and if you actually want to get a hybrid you need to order the XLT which makes it a $25k truck.

The truck is 25% more expensive than what they marketed.
Completely understand and agree with you, it was the same deal with 40k lightning, except some people actually got an xl mav. But I kinda already expected that in 2023 , only reason I went with xlt, and then I went BAP , because I hate xlt interior.

I hope you get your 22 rebate!
Sponsored