Sponsored

Elephant in room: Around 80% of orders are Hybrids.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember, the internet is not real life. The average consumer doesn't know about car forums, and doesn't post their intentions there. In short, the data sample is just that, a sample. The real-world numbers will vary differently than those compiled from a group of rabid enthusiasts.
I think the concern is the 80% number comes from a large, reputable dealer. So, while you are correct it is just a sample, it can be illustrative of larger trends.
Sponsored

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT; 2023 Kia Sorento EX Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That may be partially true but the limit on the XL trim is not based around constraints.
I could be wrong, but I think I saw somewhere, that the lower percentage of XL trim on the commodities list is due to the percentage of MY2022 Maverick XL ordered and the anticipated percentage of orders for MY2023 Maverick XL. Not due to constraints for XL equipment. Can someone confirm or deny?

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT; 2023 Kia Sorento EX Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the concern is the 80% number comes from a large, reputable dealer. So, while you are correct it is just a sample, it can be illustrative of larger trends.
But how many of these hybrid orders are MY2022 rollovers from other dealerships or new orders from people who have watched the success that LM Ford has had or seen the quality information that they put out? It makes sense how the forum numbers trend along with a dealership's numbers counting hundreds of "out of area" orders. Small sample of those with an online presence.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the first time I heard of a tax credit on a hybrid.
Apparently the finance guy (and consequently I) was in error. No tax credit for me/us.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless all dealer stock are EB people totally screwed.

The way I see it - I ordered an XL Hybrid. Not even taking into account CP360 constraints I had a 35% (Hybrid) and 15% (XL) of getting my Maverick built before allocation or roughly 5.25% of all 2023 Mavericks will be Hybrid XL.

So the maximum chance my build gets pulled is 5.25% - I did myself little to no favors. Then with allocation to dealers I am sure if my dealer has XLTs and Lariats ahead of me why would they chance their allocation something Ford might not build?

I truly believe I have less than a 1% chance of seeing my Maverick built in 2023.

Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who knows. He could have simply been mistaken or it was a slip. When you sell dozens of different car models, you are bound to slip up on some of the details.
I agree and am inclined to think it was an accident. Interestingly, he wrote it on the paper and circled it. That leads me to think he genuinely believed it.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree and am inclined to think it was an accident. Interestingly, he wrote it on the paper and circled it. That leads me to think he genuinely believed it.
Wow. I hope it was just a mistake. Otherwise, that's kinda shady as you will only find out the truth when you do your taxes a year later.

strtrkstr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drive about 250 miles per week (1,000/month). My Frontier got 18 mpg (at $3.33/gal that's $185/month). My Maverick gets 46 mpg ($72/month). That's about $110/month savings. I expect gas to go up after the election in November, so my savings should increase.

At $110/month, that's about $1,200/year. That more than offsets the $200 hybrid fee, which I don't think NC has. PLUS the Federal Gov't is giving me a $4,500 tax credit for buying a hybrid! It would take 22.5 years for the State's $200 fee to add up to the Fed's $4,500 credit.
I thought the federal gov’t credit was only for Plug-in Hybrids?

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The way I see it - I ordered an XL Hybrid. Not even taking into account CP360 constraints I had a 35% (Hybrid) and 15% (XL) of getting my Maverick built before allocation or roughly 5.25% of all 2023 Mavericks will be Hybrid XL.

So the maximum chance my build gets pulled is 5.25% - I did myself little to no favors. Then with allocation to dealers I am sure if my dealer has XLTs and Lariats ahead of me why would they chance their allocation something Ford might not build?

I truly believe I have less than a 1% chance of seeing my Maverick built in 2023.
This!
And yet I still placed an XL hybrid order. “So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance” 🤣

Rduyve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid (Lux/BAP/CP360)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

If you honestly want a hybrid Maverick, I would change it to an xlt. Definitely going to be a majority of them on the road

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you honestly want a hybrid Maverick, I would change it to an xlt. Definitely going to be a majority of them on the road
See - I want an XL Hybrid Maverick. I'm not going to give Ford an addition $3k to get into a hybrid. They marketed a $20k truck they couldn't build. Now its a $22k truck they'll only build if you pay at least $25k for....

I don't want an at least $25k hybrid truck. I want the $20k hybrid truck I ordered more than a year ago.

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Same here, XL Hybrid, with spray in bed liner and splash guards none the less, but I'm fine with rolling over. I'm betting 2024 offers hybrid AWD AND even though they're saying they won't give roll overs another deal like the 2022 guys, when there's thousands, if not ten of thousands of angry people without their trucks, Ford will have to offer something.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the thing though. A Day 3 order might as well be a day 300 order given how quickly there were going in. My dealer put in 112 the first night and they aren't a huge dealer. If you waited until day 3, you will be waiting a while. So, the hope is Ford set the retail limits to be what they can actually build.
When there using allocations why does it matter when you order.Ask people who ordered June/July 2021.

OP
OP

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
is that "printout" your DORA? There are quite a few fields on there specifying your ordered packages and options, etc. I sat with my sales rep and watched him enter it in WBDO (he made a couple mistakes we caught) and only after I OK'd it did it get entered and me sign it. I might be paranoid, but I'd be worried if you are not seeing where exactly they are entering whatever info you gave the sales rep and reviewing before signing anything.

Did you get the "Order confirmed" email directly from Ford as well? If you did not get that and it's not submitted for COVP with confirmation, you may not have a valid order in the system...
At both dealers there were two pieces of paper, I might have missed it but I did not see a clear DORA title either if them . The first one has all the details and prices for around two dozen things, that were mostly zero, as well as the sales code and order number. The second one had the total from the first and things like sales tax, registration, etc to give an out the door price.

I received the confirmation email from the Saturday morning order about 30 minutes later. The Monday morning order confirmation did arrive until after midnight but lots of people were posting about delays in getting that.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When there using allocations why does it matter when you order.Ask people who ordered June/July 2021.
Because it goes allocation then priority then timestamp. Given the truck was sold out in four days, being on day three puts you way down the list due to your order timestamp. Unless a constraint prevents orders above you from being worked, they have priority.
Sponsored