Sponsored

Electric Screen in Mavericks

SDMavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I gave reasons. You ignored them. This is just boomer hipster garbage.

Technology is good. And more safe than the old stuff. Choosing the o ignore it on purpose is absolutely foolish. “I don’t need those new backup cameras. I know how to turn around” for example - sorry, the backup camera is safer. And Refusing to use it is actually a bad thing. Just one of many examples that could be made.

But go ahead and add me to your ignore list.
Boomer hipster? What silly reality....?
You've given no reasons, only silly rhetoric with no objective truth, only your own opinion, then try to back it up with some 'well you're boomer, so there!' LOL
Ok, if it makes you feel better, everyone is older than you and has no relevant opinion other than that which you deem is permissible.
Again, you choose not to ignore the conversation
I gave reasons. You ignored them. This is just boomer hipster garbage.

Technology is good. And more safe than the old stuff. Choosing the o ignore it on purpose is absolutely foolish. “I don’t need those new backup cameras. I know how to turn around” for example - sorry, the backup camera is safer. And Refusing to use it is actually a bad thing. Just one of many examples that could be made.

But go ahead and add me to your ignore list.
A backup camera is only as safe as someone chooses to make it. Us it wrong and it's deadly, no matter the good intentions.
Allow someone to make their own decisions regarding the technology, not yours.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Electric Screen in Mavericks 1643266922465

Seriously though sounds like alot of yall are just too hardline about all technology that can be must be everywhere. Here's the thing. There are alot of people in this world that dont want or need every little advancement. And unfortunately we have to pay for them even if we dont want them. We have a legitimate complaint there. Sure A/C is nice. I have never had it for more than 6 months and I have been driving legally for 22 years. I am excited to have it. It is a major part of why I am buying a new car. But just because I like to not sweat, doesnt mean that I need special driving aids. I am a good driver, I enjoy my time behind the wheel. To me the journey is the destination. Therefore I just dont care if my phone knows what car its in. Because I know. I prefer a regular radio because they have button that I dont have to look at. I know there are buttons on the wheel. But does there need to be? Not really. Bright headlights are great but when people overload their cars or add a "leveling kit" they are pointed right at other drivers. If they want to add safety features, how about develop a system to point them downward when they detect on coming bright light. I would take that over half of the safety and connectivity features.

There is a middle ground to all things, it doesnt have to be all or nothing. Look at politics do we really want cars to be just as polarizing? I sure dont. I want to see all electric 1970 Maverick Grabbers and bare bones stripped down 2022 Maverick trucks for people that just need something to drive that doesnt have anything to do with being more productive.

Some of us just wish we had the options and not have to pay for all the stuff that the "majority" couldn't "live" without.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stripping out all the electronics for the select few just isn't worth it to the auto manufacturers. Sure they have base models that will have less electronics, but asking for a model with no digital screen and an old knob type fm radio isn't going to happen. Some feel it's ridiculous to even suggest it, not because it doesn't make sense for that person, but because it doesn't make sense for the manufacturer. Personally I like all the new tech and I use it. For those that don't want to use it, I really don't know what to tell you. We are simply not going back or in some estimates backwards. But anyone that thinks auto manufacturers are going to go to a totally strip down option. SORRY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, there is no money in it for them. If post it notes and two fm channels work for the OP who am I to say otherwise, but Ford is not oblige to provide a totally stripped down version.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Stripping out all the electronics for the select few just isn't worth it to the auto manufacturers. Sure they have base models that will have less electronics, but asking for a model with no digital screen and an old knob type fm radio isn't going to happen. Some feel it's ridiculous to even suggest it, not because it doesn't make sense for that person, but because it doesn't make sense for the manufacturer. Personally I like all the new tech and I use it. For those that don't want to use it, I really don't know what to tell you. We are simply not going back or in some estimates backwards. But anyone that thinks auto manufacturers are going to go to a totally strip down option. SORRY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, there is no money in it for them. If post it notes and two fm channels work for the OP who am I to say otherwise, but Ford is not oblige to provide a totally stripped down version.
Yeah but continuing to voice our opinions could in theory eventually cause a shift in opinion that could cause a shift in manufacturing. Its not stripping things out. It is just not putting them in the first place. If these forums are a place for nitpicking how ones phone works with this or that, then it is also a place for people to say we dont need either. Its okay for us to not want something extra and it not be "backwards". Constant rapid progression isnt really all that great, and it often leads us in directions we dont need to be. Like whats going on with social media and personal divides. Its tricky and okay to be cautious.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah but continuing to voice our opinions could in theory eventually cause a shift in opinion that could cause a shift in manufacturing. Its not stripping things out. It is just not putting them in the first place. If these forums are a place for nitpicking how ones phone works with this or that, then it is also a place for people to say we dont need either. Its okay for us to not want something extra and it not be "backwards". Constant rapid progression isnt really all that great, and it often leads us in directions we dont need to be. Like whats going on with social media and personal divides. Its tricky and okay to be cautious.
Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. Will that shift these auto manufacturers to create a version of these vehicles that don't include the things folks are complaining about. Not a chance! Constant rapid progression is not going to stop because a small percentage doesn't like it. I don't see someone not liking technology as a personal divide it's about preference and choice. It's true auto makers don't give these folks the choice they want and unfortunately they aren't going to because it's not cost effective for them to do so. In my opinion that is the reality of this whole thing.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Everyone is entitled to voice their opinion. Will that shift these auto manufacturers to create a version of these vehicles that don't include the things folks are complaining about. Not a chance! Constant rapid progression is not going to stop because a small percentage doesn't like it. I don't see someone not liking technology as a personal divide it's about preference and choice. It's true auto makers don't give these folks the choice they want and unfortunately they aren't going to because it's not cost effective for them to do so. In my opinion that is the reality of this whole thing.
I think it is a bit of a divide. Atleast thats how it looks to me. Everytime i voice my annoyance of the subject. There are many immediate and loud responses both online and real life. People will complain about their phone or car system for this or that reason, I will ask them why they bother, then half the time they spiral down into something as deep feeling as the "dont take my guns crowd". I dont reject technology. I never went to college but am always ready medical journals, and researching interstellar mechanics, pouring over every bit of useful world changing breakthrough they come up with in energy, flight, and such. I love technology, I just dont give a hoot about it while I am walking around or driving around. Thats the one time I dont think about stuff like that. It just seems lame to me.

As for manufacturers changing, I do think they will. Not for the reasons we may want. But I think alot of the world will end up too poor to have those so called advances, but will still need to get around to do the work to keep the ball rolling. They will probably feed us cheap vehicles built on existing platforms yet are stripped down. Its hard to guess the future.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As for manufacturers changing, I do think they will. Not for the reasons we may want. But I think alot of the world will end up too poor to have those so called advances, but will still need to get around to do the work to keep the ball rolling. They will probably feed us cheap vehicles built on existing platforms yet are stripped down. Its hard to guess the future.
I will believe it when I see it. No financial motivation for them to do so currently in my opinion.

My dad never in all his 78 years bought a new car. Didn’t care for newer tech and said only fools pay new car price. He never lived in the current used car market we have today though. No doubt middle class is shrinking. But I make no assumptions that a person on a tough budget wouldn’t want some nice tech features. In the OP I didn’t get a sense that budget was the issue, like my dad he just doesn’t like newer tech, but the difference is my dad accepted that was the future rather he liked it or not. He didn’t expect the future to stop because he didn’t like it. He knew it wouldn’t.

Thanks for the convo, I will wrap it up.

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
You can turn the screen to just be a big clock, or turn it off completely. It may need to be toggled off every time you start. I'm not sure.

To toggle off, press the screen off button on the right hand side near the tune nob. It looks like a screen with a line through it.
Screen1.jpg

Press it once, your screen turns to a clock with date. WiFi and AT&T LTE connections show in upper corner.
Screen2.jpg

Press it again and the screen turns off
Screen3.jpg

EASY PEASY!
OK, this guy won the thread!
Sponsored