Sponsored

Mr Mayor

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Why not just share the Eibach spring part numbers?
Sponsored

Mr Mayor

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Eibach makes so many springs, odds are they use existing units and are just experimenting with different spring rates. Rarely does a brand new spring need to be created.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess you can do these things when you don't have to worry about snow.
Not that I have any interest in lowering our Maverick, but I've lived in the mountains of Utah for 15+ years now and have had zero issues in cars that are all likely lower than this. Snow tires are a massive help, but how often are you really in situations where you need more ground clearance than a conventional sedan offers? I've yet to experience one.

Caldwtr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick; 07 Roush Nitemare
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eibach makes so many springs, odds are they use existing units and are just experimenting with different spring rates. Rarely does a brand new spring need to be created.
That is a very fair point, and my apologies for the snark, been a Monday for damn sure.

Having thrown in with the H&R springs I will say the reverse winding on the rears may necessitate a new unit. And also possibly with the fronts being as short as they are with no load. With their catalog though that very well could already be covered, however. I have no idea, I'm an analyst, not an engineer. 😅

Sponsored

Mr Mayor

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
The "school of hard knocks" of lowering cars has taught me -
1. Variable rate springs are best IF you have enough suspension travel. Some linear rate springs act "nervous" when driving over minor (3/4") road imperfections. But so do wheels with not enough sidewall height. With enough travel, variable rate springs feel supple with a Euro car ride.
2. Any adjustability is awesome. Coilover springs and adjustable shocks give you variable ride and ride height.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great, how much is the drop? Did you measure before and after?

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is more rare that springs do carry over from platform to platform, we have over 2000 active part numbers just for pro-kit springs.

Physical dimensions may carry over, but new static height and new rate makes it a new spring with a new part number.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
H&R escape springs fit the maverick, available now
yes they "FIT" but are from the escape, i myself am currently (not so patiently) waiting for a correct made for maverick spring rates to install properly and i don't have the extra money or need for the better coilovers being offered now that i seen on here the day.

Sponsored

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Assuming EB. Any hints about FWD hybrid release?
👍

Benilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Besides aesthetics, are there any other benefits for lowering the Mav? I can think of the slight (~1) increase in MPG due to aerodynamic gains on highway driving but.. anything else?
Sponsored