Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wh as ts the deal with control arms and camber bolts? Is there something else needed besides the springs? The Eibach website was as clear as mud on which application the camber bolts were needed for.
Camber bolts help align the front end after lowering, FWD and AWD.

Control arms help align the rear after lifting, AWD only.
Sponsored

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wh as ts the deal with control arms and camber bolts? Is there something else needed besides the springs? The Eibach website was as clear as mud on which application the camber bolts were needed for.
Apparently all control arms currently available for the Maverick make contact with the truck’s frame when lowered. AWD will require adjustable control arms on the back to fix the camber

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently all control arms currently available for the Maverick make contact with the truck’s frame when lowered. AWD will require adjustable control arms on the back to fix the camber
Well alrighty then. I guess I will be getting camber bolts from Eibach, then waiting until they sort the rest of this mess out. What is everybody else doing in regards to this? I mean theres bunch of these out there dropped already. What about the stock control arms? Do they hit the frame too? You stated AWD needs adjustable control arms on the back to fix the camber. Is that on lifted or lowered? Where can I find this information online along with part numbers

Last edited:

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well alrighty then. I guess I will be getting camber bolts from Eibach, then waiting until they sort the rest of this mess out. What is everybody else doing in regards to this? I mean theres bunch of these out there dropped already. What about the stock control arms? Do they hit the frame too? You stated AWD needs adjustable control arms on the back to fix the camber. Is that on lifted or lowered? Where can I find this information online along with part numbers
You can search through some of the other threads in the suspension section, we go over it a bit more there.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Stock ones don’t hit the frame rail
The adjustable ones have the curve in the wrong place causing them to hit or come really close

With springs there isn’t much camber so I wouldn’t be too worried about it
I def wouldn’t wait to install the springs because of it

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stock ones don’t hit the frame rail
The adjustable ones have the curve in the wrong place causing them to hit or come really close

With springs there isn’t much camber so I wouldn’t be too worried about it
I def wouldn’t wait to install the springs because of it
Volksnuts Did you buy the Eibach camber bolts for the front? Or just go with it and use the stockers?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Volksnuts Did you buy the Eibach camber bolts for the front? Or just go with it and use the stockers?
I didn’t need them with the coilovers, we haven’t done an alignment yet with the springs, so I can’t say yet whether they are needed

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is everyone using the crash bolts (camber bolts) when lowering? Im wondering if the strut mounts can be rotated 180 degrees like most other Fords. I haven't pulled mine apart to know.
Sponsored