First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any frame stiffening or suspension mods? I presume you also removed the spare tire also.
No suspension mods, no frame braces or anything. Yeah, the spare tire is usually not on the truck, haha. I just leave it off most of the time.
Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No suspension mods, no frame braces or anything. Yeah, the spare tire is usually not on the truck, haha. I just leave it off most of the time.
Can you feel it twist off the line (Foxbody owner, can you tell?)

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, it's fwd based awd, so the torque of the engine rocks forward and back, not to the side. So being so new, the factory rubber engine mounts do their job.

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not saying the wheel weighs 11 lbs, but the wheel/tire combo I'm looking at drops it 12lbs for the wheel, and 4lbs for the tire, for a total sprung weight of 16lbs per corner.

Konig hypergrams in a 17x7.5" size weigh 15.xx lbs each, and the tire I was looking at was a 27.2" diameter that weighed roughly 23lbs each, so about 4lbs off each corner, not to mention the gearing advantage going from 28.5" diameter to 27.2" diameter, roughly 4.5% change in effective gearing change.

Hopefully that makes sense. I think if I go this route, I can achieve roughly 118-120mph, and high 11 quarter mile times.
You will not find those hypergrams in 17" if you want the Mavs 5x108 bolt pattern. I went down that road a few weeks ago contacting every single wheel dealer on the first two pages of google, searching ebay, and finally emailing Konig. It's long discontinued and sold out. You can get them in 18" all day, but not 17".

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any updates? You run 11s yet? :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any updates? You run 11s yet? :)
Nope! After hitting the Deer and dealing with getting it fixed, I haven't done anything with it. It goes into the shop tonight, so hopefully I get it back in a week or two!

awscheetz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope! After hitting the Deer and dealing with getting it fixed, I haven't done anything with it. It goes into the shop tonight, so hopefully I get it back in a week or two!
Do you got any tips on the focus rev9 intercooler ? Install video or thread ?

Also you're running the 5star tune. I called them earlier about a tune for the bigger turbo. Did you have a 93 tune for this that I might be able to get them to send me ? They was talking like they would have to make one from a base and up charging me bc they didn't have a tune file ready to go.

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you got any tips on the focus rev9 intercooler ? Install video or thread ?

Also you're running the 5star tune. I called them earlier about a tune for the bigger turbo. Did you have a 93 tune for this that I might be able to get them to send me ? They was talking like they would have to make one from a base and up charging me bc they didn't have a tune file ready to go.
I have a thread called project QuikRik, in the builds section that shows some of the intercooler install. I would recommend going with the focus ST version, as my RS version doesn't fit inside the bumper, it hangs 1-2 inches lower, unless you cut up the crash beam.

Not all of their sales people are going to be aware that they have a tune for the corsair turbo. Ask to speak with a calibrator familiar with the Maverick tunes specifically. Really you can only use my tune as a base, as every car, even the same make and model, will be slightly different. And actually, my 87 octane tune for the stock turbo works good on the corsair turbo, it just doesn't have all the boost it could. Hope that helps. If you need more assistance, pm me directly.

BingoDingo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had to make mounting brackets, trim the bumper cover A LOT, lots of plastic trimming for the shutters and shroud. This is a Focus RS unit, the focus ST unit fits much better with much less trimming. There is a little more info, and a few pics in my project QuickRik build thread.

I need to get some videos of it. Factory exhaust basically sounds stock, open downpipe is pretty damn loud. My buddy took a video at the track, but when he sent it to me the resolution went to about 2 pixels....
Sounds like a classic Android to Apple video sharing downgrade. Apple does this. Use WhatsApp for full resolution video sharing.
Sponsored