2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I get my FX4, I wouldn’t mind unlocking the eco mode
Is that possible? I wonder what downside would be. I have an FX4 and I have "Low" instead of ECO.

OP
OP
A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WOW! You really took it to Empty. I get nervous when it tells me that I have 15 miles left and it takes 16 gallons to fill. I think by then I've already hit around 430 miles on it ( driving very mindfully on Eco).
Great post!
What are you talking about LoL. This was my last attempt to break the 500 mark it was as I was pulled into the gas station. I think it's just me, I have the money for gas. other people say that too but I'm used to running on fumes while pulling into the station 😬 My dad was the same way. Would run on fumes. And my mother would always yell about it.

Ford Maverick EcoBoost Maverick 4K AWD went 500+ Miles on 1 tank using Eco Mode 😁 Screenshot_20221115-125305

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that possible? I wonder what downside would be. I have an FX4 and I have "Low" instead of ECO.
From what I have seen in the Forscan threads, yes I think it is. It seems like all of the programs are present, they just are not turned on, iirc.

Do I have any experience, no
I would rather pay someone a little to do it for me.

I guess it would void your warranty too, unless you took it off before you took it in….assuming the dealership would even notice.

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Using eco mode I was able to get over 500 miles on one tank. I'm so happy 😁 That's with combined City & highway. One day is 22 miles to work and back home. That equals 1 month of back and forth 😳 to get that mileage I was easy on the gas pedal. And coasted to stops when I could. Not sure how many times I'll be able to do it again. Because I'm normally not easy on the pedal 🏁 plus Winter is coming and I probably won't get as good of gas mileage. Loving my Maverick 💙

Screenshot_20221112-143516~2.png

Screenshot_20221112-143649~2.png
Gas for less than $3.50 per gallon? If only!

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What are you talking about LoL. This was my last attempt to break the 500 mark it was as I was pulled into the gas station. I think it's just me, I have the money for gas. other people say that too but I'm used to running on fumes while pulling into the station 😬 My dad was the same way. Would run on fumes. And my mother would always yell about it.

Screenshot_20221115-125305.png
You do know your tank holds more than 16.5 gallons right?

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You do know your tank holds more than 16.5 gallons right?
Yes, when I filled up when I had 2 mi left I actually got to 17 gallons feeling it. I usually give it one extra click after the first one. With 13 mi left I was figuring I had about 1/2 gallon left. Which would bring it right around the same with 17 gallons again. Every time I fill up I reset my number 1 trip counter. Number 2, I will never reset. I want to see what the life of my Maverick is getting.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gas for less than $3.50 per gallon? If only!
I feel sorry for those of y’all still paying well over 3.50 per g
I think my area has been 3ish for a couple of months now

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel sorry for those of y’all still paying well over 3.50 per g
I think my area has been 3ish for a couple of months now
Just got back from a road trip that took me thru about 600 total miles round trip. Both urban and very rural at times. Lowest I saw was about $4.80 and highest was in the mid-$5's.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got back from a road trip that took me thru about 600 total miles round trip. Both urban and very rural at times. Lowest I saw was about $4.80 and highest was in the mid-$5's.
Are you trying to make $3.399-3.599/gal look good? Ouch...

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you trying to make $3.399-3.599/gal look good? Ouch...
Yeah. Sad world we live in when I am one of the "I wish I could get gas for $3.50" crowd.

Also sad that I am officially old enough to be one of those "I can remember when gas was under $1.00 at a time when I was driving age/paying for my own gas". It was not for long, but there was a time when I was in high school that it dipped that low. Good times. Could fill a tank and get a Jack In The Box meal for under $20 total.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah. Sad world we live in when I am one of the "I wish I could get gas for $3.50" crowd.

Also sad that I am officially old enough to be one of those "I can remember when gas was under $1.00 at a time when I was driving age/paying for my own gas". It was not for long, but there was a time when I was in high school that it dipped that low. Good times. Could fill a tank and get a Jack In The Box meal for under $20 total.
Yeah. I remember at short time period in the late 90's, when I was in high school, that it dipped down to around 80 cents...

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah. I remember at short time period in the late 90's, when I was in high school, that it dipped down to around 80 cents...
$0.34 a gallon making trips to San Antonio to see grandma in 1970 :) Six years later I got my license and started driving. It was $0.59 a gallon then. What a rip-off ;)

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

We must be about the same age. I remember gas being just under a dollar when I first started driving, I'm 52. You could have a full tank and a full belly for under 20 bucks LoL. I remember regular gas, I had a 68 mustang that had to have leaded gas. It was my first car and it was already a classic when I started driving. I miss that car 😢

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in Wisconsin, winter is going to hurt gas mileage a lot. I'm curious how winter will affects the hybrids.
Sponsored