Mavidiesel

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been driving my AWD Mavi with 2.0 Ecoboost mix of city and highway, last week just about all highway, and best I’ve gotten at the pump is close to 25mpg avg. Last week I mixed up using eco mode and regular mode and the only noticeable thing I’ve found between the two is the earlier shifting less responsiveness to the accelerator in eco mode. When I filled up at the pump today my average mpgs came out to 23.5 mpg. Does eco mode make a big difference in overall mpgs or will driving in regular mode and just keeping my foot out of the throttle achieve the same effect? I also just switched over to regular 87 gas today. To see how that adds up next week.
Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since the drive mode always defaults to Normal, I find it inconvenient to change the drive mode everytime I start the Mav. I am too wondering how much Eco drive mode saves in gas...

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the drive mode always defaults to Normal, I find it inconvenient to change the drive mode everytime I start the Mav. I am too wondering how much Eco drive mode saves in gas...
I also find that as a bit of an inconvenience that it doesn't default to the last driving mode you set it on. This is especially true for hybrid owners. I thought the main purpose was fuel efficiency with hybrids. What gives? I suppose this is something forscan can address but I'm not that techy-inclined.

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I doubt it saves much in gas overall. I mean really all it does is make the throttle less responsive, and shift points lower in the RPM range right? A guy could do the same thing with the old kicker.. I mean, you could just drive like gas costs $4 a gallon…..wait….☹

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I doubt it saves much in gas overall. I mean really all it does is make the throttle less responsive, and shift points lower in the RPM range right? A guy could do the same thing with the old kicker.. I mean, you could just drive like gas costs $4 a gallon…..wait….☹
ughh I'm in California and filled up my S/O's gas Accord the other day...$4.65 for regular gas. Some are expecting gas to hit $6 this year in CA. I'm so glad I am getting ride of my V6 Camry for the Hybrid Maverick.

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When someone says “I doubt” what they are really saying is I am guessing and I have no actual knowledge to base my response on. It definitely makes a difference on my hybrid, even on cruise control. Running on Eco my combined is 39.8.

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I have found is that the ECO mode works best on long sustained drives. In town I get better mileage in regular mode, and even better mileage in sport mode when I am in heavy stop/start traffic. But that's just me and the way I drive. Opinions may vary.

OP
OP
Mavidiesel

Mavidiesel

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What I have found is that the ECO mode works best on long sustained drives. In town I get better mileage in regular mode, and even better mileage in sport mode when I am in heavy stop/start traffic. But that's just me and the way I drive. Opinions may vary.
Is this with the 2.0 EcoBoost? I’ve found that to be true in regular mode for around town. Eco mode gets me pushing the throttle in more and around town it also puts the engine into higher gears at lower speeds which can be harder on gas on some
Engines when going up hills.

Bluetruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Firebird,2017 Honda Accord,2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find that there is not much difference in ECO mode and around town it is sluggish. On a recent 1200 mile trip I got 30.5 average using ECO about half the time but not in traffic. The drive was mostly highway.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Think of eco mode like my grown kid explained why a 6 cylinder could get as good of highway mpg as a 4 cylinder.

If the engine is too weak to drive a car at 80 (Hello Texas Highways), then it will have worse MPG than it would at say 65. The bigger engine can handle 80 more efficiently.

Same for start and stop in the city.

Sponsored

PRH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I simply like ecomode because it makes the truck a tad less responsive and smoother accelerations

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In my experience between the Escape Hybrid and Maverick EB - zero difference in MPG between normal and Eco. I found Eco to be too squishy on the pedal and pointless. I actually would find myself having to give it more throttle to maintain speed. Even in my attempt to hyper mile I disliked it and didn't see any real world difference after a full tank of doing it. The manual calculations were not any better. I have tested it on 2 vehicles now. I won't bother with a 3rd. Normal FTW.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When someone says “I doubt” what they are really saying is I am guessing and I have no actual knowledge to base my response on. It definitely makes a difference on my hybrid, even on cruise control. Running on Eco my combined is 39.8.
I tried ECO mode for a few tankfuls…. I tried 50/50 mix of Eco/Normal for a few tankfuls… then Normal for a few tankfuls. I drive the same way, almost all city driving. Best MPG’s are with Normal Mode. Paper and pencil calculations.

Ballbearing

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ughh I'm in California and filled up my S/O's gas Accord the other day...$4.65 for regular gas. Some are expecting gas to hit $6 this year in CA. I'm so glad I am getting ride of my V6 Camry for the Hybrid Maverick.
it would be cheaper to just move out of California.
Sponsored