Sponsored

Dumbest review of the day from Motorious.com

Florida Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
The author is a professional troll, hence the car blog site, many of his posts read like click bait and he has crapped on the maverick before. The post itself has pretty poor arguments, especially the sales part. Not worth giving the guy clicks.
Sponsored

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Country logic: ā€œopinions are like a-holes, everyoneā€™s got oneā€.

that said, it would be fascinating imho to see the demographic and regional stats of the 2021 Maverick numbers.

Age, sex, city/state, (desigate) Urban, city, suburban, country and/or ā€˜way out in the countryā€™ for starters.

Then compare what FoMoCo reveals they thought/ projected vs the Maverick reality.

or notā€¦

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the best review someone could come up with?
The reviews like this one get me riled up. For a truck (hybrid) that is already sold out for model year '22 to be criticized as "itā€™s clear there isnā€™t overwhelming enthusiasm" just shows the stupidity of the author.
While I'll read anything and everything Maverick, I put more significantly more faith in the reviews of actual owners/drivers than someone who was given a test vehicle from Ford for a day/weekend. But when it comes down to numbers and dollars...... I don't see ANYTHING in the same league as the Hybrid Maverick (the lower priced models at least.) I've been extremely happy with my 2014 Kia Soul.....it's done me right, but now that I needed another car, there's very few options in the low to mid 20k range, and none as functional as a crew cab pickup that gets 40mpg.
The Kia Soul may be my backup plan if anything goes amiss with my future Maverick purchase. Much as I hate to admit that I used to make fun of the Soul, it certainly does what it needs to do with a maximum of space in the smallest footprint possible. Glad to hear you've been happy with yours. Gives me hope!

Florida Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Compared to the Ridgeline and Santa Cruz, the Maverick has the worst payload rating at 1,564 lbs. thatā€™s about 200 lbs. more than the 2021 Toyota Sienna minivan, which is pathetic.
The payload is similar or greater than that of a Tacoma which is the number one selling midsize truck by far.

Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I didnt see any serious credentials from staff that would make me dismiss or question my own research or due diligence

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They don't allow any comments on that site. He is either so dumb that he doesn't know what he is talking about or he is super clever and tries to draw attention with his crazy and baseless writings, especially with the last portion:
"Consumers donā€™t seem to be responding well to the Maverick. Through the end of November, sales totaled just 7,228 for the year. Granted, the truck launched halfway through the year, but with 2,582 sales coming in November, itā€™s clear there isnā€™t overwhelming enthusiasm about the pickup. We doubt there will be, unless Ford redesigns it from the ground up." LMOA...... That is the reasons Dealerships add 5-10k markup and still sell those like candies....

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The fact that the comments section is closed tells you everything you need to know. I am guessing either GM or one of the eurpean companies like Stellantis(Chrysler ram ect) paid for this article to be written because they dont have a response to these compact trucks.

Also its hilarious the article says
Consumers donā€™t seem to be responding well to the Maverick. Through the end of November, sales totaled just 7,228 for the year. Granted, the truck launched halfway through the year, but with 2,582 sales coming in November, itā€™s clear there isnā€™t overwhelming enthusiasm about the pickup. We doubt there will be, unless Ford redesigns it from the ground up.

They have had so many orders the 2022 model year is sold out yet there isn't any enthusiasm for the pickup...

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice "review" by a salty crybaby who spent a few minutes looking at spec and sales sheets. Not sure how this guy got this thing published without breaking his keyboard.
or "pleasuring" his editor :oops:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ben Rhodes referred to today's journalists as "27 year old know nothings". Seems he was pretty accurate.
Sponsored