NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a base hybrid XL with only a drop-in bedliner in October, 2021. Was told by salesman at time of order a delivery date of at the earliest March, 2022 to at the latest August 2022. In August 2022, I was given a build date of September 5.That date has been moved ELEVEN times including the megalie date of January 9, 2023. Called last week, I was told I no longer have that date and my build date is now ā€œundetermined.ā€ Being very generous with a five month cushion after your order date, what have you had to do to your current vehicle because of Fordā€™s lies and screw-ups? For me, I have had to put in a new fuel pump, four new tires, and two new headlights. Check engine light is now on and local repair shop says I need some kind of gas sensor that I havenā€™t decided if I will fix. As for trade in value, according to Carvana price , I have lost $2,000 since January 2022. Assuming hybrid mpg is 40, I have been paying double for gas. And who knows how much extra it will cost me with interest rates. Thanks a lot Ford ! I know there are others out there that have had to spend a lot more because of the Ford debacle. What have they forced you to do on yours?
Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did develop a lot of skepticism about Fords production updates, and I did have to spend more than usual keeping my old vehicles running while my Hybrid took 14 months to be born. But I don't really blame Ford, the world has been weird for the past couple of years, ya know?

My dealer told me that adding mud flaps would delay my build, and he was right. I did not want to be a beta tester so I was willing to wait a while for the initial production teething pains to work out.

It seems like every manufacturer has problems. I tried to order a new boat in 2021, and they (Albemarle) said the earliest availability was 2024. My nephews Yamaha outbords have been on order since May 2022, and the earliest expected delivery date in May 2023. I have a Honda scooter that is supposed to be here in May as well.

I can't blame Ford too much, although it does seem like they could have done some things better. In the end they built me a fine truck and I have learned (some) patience. I was mighty hot a few times during my wait.

P.S. My favorite use of this forum has been to watch the folks who ordered after me get built first. Ouch!

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My lease on my Mazda 3 ended a couple weeks ago, so I bought it out a couple months ago. I was actually pretty happy about it because the buyout was pretty sweet in relation to the value. But that's tanking as Ford drags their ass...

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did develop a lot of skepticism about Fords production updates, and I did have to spend more than usual keeping my old vehicles running while my Hybrid took 14 months to be born. But I don't really blame Ford, the world has been weird for the past couple of years, ya know?

My dealer told me that adding mud flaps would delay my build, and he was right. I did not want to be a beta tester so I was willing to wait a while for the initial production teething pains to work out.

It seems like every manufacturer has problems. I tried to order a new boat in 2021, and they (Albemarle) said the earliest availability was 2024. My nephews Yamaha outbords have been on order since May 2022, and the earliest expected delivery date in May 2023. I have a Honda scooter that is supposed to be here in May as well.

I can't blame Ford too much, although it does seem like they could have done some things better. In the end they built me a fine truck and I have learned (some) patience. I was mighty hot a few times during my wait.

P.S. My favorite use of this forum has been to watch the folks who ordered after me get built first. Ouch!
Its nice to hear a reasonable comment in here sometimes. Kudos to you!ā€¦ op on the other handā€¦ i think they need a hug

Sponsored

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not really done anything with my current vehicle, beside the basic such as putting gas in the car when it is low, drive and did a tires rotation once since I placed the order over a yr ago. I also had to pay for another year of auto registration/renewal.

Yup, those are about all I have done with my current vehicle since placing an order for the Maverick.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've got an '08 Ranger that needs tires, really, really trying to hold off that expense, on a truck I'll be selling as soon as the Mav arrives. But I'm not even scheduled, so it's just gonna be a month to month wish-n-prayer that I don't have to spend the $$$.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want to try to feel better remember that used prices have been overinflated since covid and all the "free" money the .gov was giving away. It would have been nice to cash in, but the supply crunch went hand in hand with all that.

I drove my old mazda VERY carefully while waiting and it was quite alarming how many close calls I had due to other people's inattention.

Watched some value come off of it as used values started to drop. Changed the oil and got it inspected, that was about it.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trade in went from a net gain to a net loss over the 14 months and counting wait. Sold the snow tires only to need them for another winter. Scheduled with a VIN makes you do stupid things like that.

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a base hybrid XL with only a drop-in bedliner in October, 2021. Was told by salesman at time of order a delivery date of at the earliest March, 2022 to at the latest August 2022. In August 2022, I was given a build date of September 5.That date has been moved ELEVEN times including the megalie date of January 9, 2023. Called last week, I was told I no longer have that date and my build date is now ā€œundetermined.ā€ Being very generous with a five month cushion after your order date, what have you had to do to your current vehicle because of Fordā€™s lies and screw-ups? For me, I have had to put in a new fuel pump, four new tires, and two new headlights. Check engine light is now on and local repair shop says I need some kind of gas sensor that I havenā€™t decided if I will fix. As for trade in value, according to Carvana price , I have lost $2,000 since January 2022. Assuming hybrid mpg is 40, I have been paying double for gas. And who knows how much extra it will cost me with interest rates. Thanks a lot Ford ! I know there are others out there that have had to spend a lot more because of the Ford debacle. What have they forced you to do on yours?
I'm loving the Instant Karma here!šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ You've made your intentions to FLIP your Maverick extremely clear here multiple times already! Yet you keep coming back and crying about every little setback and continuously blasting Ford on here as if they deliberately ruin your schemes having nothing to do with building the truck.

Maybe time to zip it and go away quietly šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored
OP
OP

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm loving the Instant Karma here!šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ You've made your intentions to FLIP your Maverick extremely clear here multiple times already! Yet you keep coming back and crying about every little setback and continuously blasting Ford on here as if they deliberately ruin your schemes having nothing to do with building the truck.

Maybe time to zip it and go away quietly šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
First of all, if someone has broken into your house, put a gun to your head, and forced you to read my posts, that wasnā€™t me. Second, I am NOT flipping this Maverick. This will be my one and only vehicle which is a replacement for a Colorado I have had for 11 years and 140,000 miles. Please feel free in the future, Mr Farley, not to read or respond to my posts.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe OP's dealer got tired and added mud flaps and some other constraints to his order. With the thousands and thousands of MY23 hybrids that won't get built, you know we'll hear an avalanche of complaints here at the end of the model year.

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Current vehicle is now a Santa Cruz bought off the lot.
i shopped several, but waited for my Mav. I liked the Santa Cruz, but didnā€™t even test drive one. I refused to approach the $4250 mark up above MSRP.
I hope you enjoy it.

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I donā€™t get the constant complaints about this. People crying over used car values going down, you would be getting over paid to begin with. This is simple and not some conspiracy. Ford isnā€™t secretly holding your order back. If they could they would build all of them and get them delivered. Yes thereā€™s some things they could have done better but for the most part they are doing ok with locking in interest rates and keeping your price same as when you ordered. Stop crying and wait, your not locked into buying you can go buy something else instead.
Sponsored

Last edited: