First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Noticed both things from the title in this video. Seems like the first real look at the hard drop in liner.

2022 Ford Maverick Drop-in bed liner and mirror turn signals on Maverick.jpg
Well that's the end of the drainage hole question...
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet we don’t get the ‘maverick’ name on the US drop-in liners. Dog is priceless…they are never for sale by owners who love them
I had a friend whose answer to "would you sell your dog" was "if you can pet him you can have him"!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our Maverick started production on the 18th. We dropped both the drop in then a spray in during the order so it would not be held up. On the 19th I called my dealer's parts department to order a drop in liner that could be added when we picked up the Maverick. He told me there isn't even a part number for them to order it. Its only a matter of time until an aftermarket company is selling a drop in liner. We may do a Raptor spray in liner instead. Not sure yet. Waiting to see what is available when we take delivery of the Maverick.
I am designing a "shrink to fit" liner kit but am having difficulty with propane torch settings.🤞

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see the mirror turn signals listed on the options sheet. Is that just for the county the video is made for?

Sponsored

jjMichigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
I don't see the mirror turn signals listed on the options sheet. Is that just for the county the video is made for?
Yes, probably has amber rear turn signals as well as they are required in most countries outside of North America as they are significantly safer as well. Might even have power-folding mirrors.

Turn signals on the mirrors among other features would show up in later years if enough people request them to Ford Motor Company.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
LOL! This situation amply demonstrates how a commonly-held opinion or belief can be changed overnight. Everyone harangued the drop-in as being so inferior, and after a few owners talk about having drop-ins without any problems, and a pretty picture of a drop-in with logo’s is shown, now everyone is saying they would take one! Most of you who end up with a drop-in will never remove it or look under it, and it will still be in the truck when you sell it. Ask me how I know this.
Add me to the drop-in club. I've had both over the years. For my needs, drop-in is the way to go. I haven't had a rust issue either, but I lived in the southwest and north to about central California, where things don't really rust at all.

I removed the drop-ins in two trucks (one of which I bought new) after 10-ish years and only had minor paint rubbing on one truck. A little work with the DA polisher and it looked like I never loaded a thing in the bed.

Other truck had a spot that the drop-in rubbed to bare metal. Wasn't rusty since I'm sure it was constantly being rubbed clean. Little bare-metal prep work and paint from the parts store and it was good as new.

I think the drop-in is a good balance between something like a Bed Rug and the spray-in. Bed Rugs are hard to keep clean from dirt and grass and stuff. Spray-ins and Bed Rugs can stain and are hard to scrub clean. Drop-ins are easily hosed or wiped clean and practically nothing sticks to them.

I mostly haul household goods, camping stuff, and DIY garage stuff. I'm also lazy and prefer to drop and slide things in and around the bed rather than lift and place it. Bed Rugs give the least amount of rub/slide damage, drop-ins in the middle, and spray-ins are like lightly sanding whatever is being dragged across.

Yes, probably has amber rear turn signals as well as they are required in most countries outside of North America as they are significantly safer as well. Might even have power-folding mirrors.

Turn signals on the mirrors among other features would show up in later years if enough people request them to Ford Motor Company.
I'm thinking turn signals on the mirrors are probably going to pop up during the mid cycle refresh.

If they don't, or if it's only on the upper trims, my plan is to install repeater lights in the fenders like cars used to have before turn signals on the mirrors became more common.

Pretty easy to do so, especially now since no-splice resistor kits are common. The hardest part is committing to drilling six holes in the vehicle (three in each fender), but I've installed cab clearance lights before.

I suppose the alternate would be to attach repeater lights to the mirrors themselves, but the install is way more involved. Have to remove the mirrors and fish wires through the door looms then figure out where to get the turn signal power from.

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have the Ford Part Number for ordering the Hard Drop-In Bed Liner?

Looking on the Ford Maverick Build page, the Ford Price List Sheet and the Ford Accessories Maverick List I do not see the Ford Part Number for ordering it.

Build Option.JPG

96J Option.JPG

2022 Ford Maverick Dealer Accessories Page 1.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Dealer Accessories Page 2.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick Dealer Accessories Page 3.jpg
I called my dealer today to order one for me when my Maverick arrives, he could find it on his parts list yet.🤔

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know if the signals are any kind of Country requirement but if you notice in the video, there is no privacy glass. I'm betting that's not allowed due to the high crime down/over there.

Sponsored

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Not as bad as I thought it would be
Looks like shit to me. Being multiple pieces more chances of warping. I am removing it first thing.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Prior to buying my Maverick I had a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 with a drop in factory bed liner. When I sold it the bed paint under the liner looked great. Once a year or after hauling any material that could get under it, I would pressure wash the bed, the liner, and under side of the liner. 17 of the twenty years I owned it I lived in Arizona which was favorable for preventing rust and mold.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Prior to buying my Maverick I had a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 with a drop in factory bed liner. When I sold it the bed paint under the liner looked great. Once a year or after hauling any material that could get under it, I would pressure wash the bed, the liner, and under side of the liner. 17 of the twenty years I owned it I lived in Arizona which was favorable for preventing rust and mold.
Can't get the bed extender with the drop in. Won't fit.