Sponsored

Drivetrain Malfunction and Reduced Power warning (in my Maverick AWD 2.0)

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Driving out to dinner I got a notice of a drivetrain malfunction in the AWD and a reduced power warning and to go to the dealer. Trying to shut down the truck the screen gave a child restraint warning (no child present) and to shut down we had to get out and lock the truck. That did shut off the ignition. After dinner all was fine again. Ford pass still shows the issue. I'll visit the dealer tomorrow. Anyone else have strange random things happen? 40 miles on it. Rear seat message is normal and can be turned off. Service was not that concerned over the warning. Watch and let them know. Hasn't happened again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Juzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting On Maverick
Mine has transmission issues that started at 1000 miles after a leaking axle seal was replaced. The tranmission seems to partially engage a gear after it auto starts. Its eractic. The only consistent thing is that it happens after it auto stops starts again. Its completely random.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got mine back today after 2 days in the shop with a diagnosis of a Power Transfer Unit (PTU) actuator failing and said it is safe to drive until the part comes in (backordered). Display screen showed "AWD System Fault / Service Required" and FordPass showed same error as above about drivetrain/reduced power malfunction. Only just over 400 miles on it so far.

wastefulnot2

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gen 2 rav4, 3rd gen ranger, sentra, yard art
I too have just had this notification pop up. I'll run to the dealer tomorrow and update when I know something.

OP
OP
SkeeterB

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't worry too much. Probably just the computer gliches the manual talks about during the first 1,000 miles. I had the same thing on my third drive. Went way during dinner and has not come back. 4.944 miles and four months later.

Sponsored

wastefulnot2

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to dealer Friday morning and they gave it back at close. They said it wasn't an active code and it didn't worry them too much during the break in period of the vehicle. However, there was an update specifically for the powertrain that was massive and took 4hrs+ to install. The tech said it was the biggest one he has ever done. I haven't had any issues since but I've got my eyes open.

Deleted member 1370

Driving out to dinner I got a notice of a drivetrain malfunction in the AWD and a reduced power warning and to go to the dealer. Trying to shut down the truck the screen gave a child restraint warning (no child present) and to shut down we had to get out and lock the truck. That did shut off the ignition. After dinner all was fine again. Ford pass still shows the issue. I'll visit the dealer tomorrow. Anyone else have strange random things happen? 40 miles on it. Rear seat message is normal and can be turned off. Service was not that concerned over the warning. Watch and let them know. Hasn't happened again.
My brother has a bronco sport that had the exact same issue but the message turned off In a day. Then came back again then went off again. His vehicle however did not get put into limp mode regardless of the reduced power message. Perhaps it’s a sensor issue? Electronics are finicky these days.

aquaj13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to dealer Friday morning and they gave it back at close. They said it wasn't an active code and it didn't worry them too much during the break in period of the vehicle. However, there was an update specifically for the powertrain that was massive and took 4hrs+ to install. The tech said it was the biggest one he has ever done. I haven't had any issues since but I've got my eyes open.
What did the update fix? I’m going to dealer today and see if I can get the update.

wastefulnot2

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did the update fix? I’m going to dealer today and see if I can get the update.
I dont know specifically what it fixed but I know I haven't had a CEL or anything outside of that one. I honestly think it was just a break in fault. The truck had sub 1k miles on it back then.