Sponsored

Dragon flies

Allgood313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Ok this is my 1st post, and this is a strange one, I'm in Michigan just outside Detroit, we seem to have dragon flies landing on our antenna, more then once many times and most days, wife believes it's sucking energy from it, she went to work today and came out at lunch and had a dragon fly on the antenna, she opened the door and it flew inside, love to have been there for that, lol anyways, just curious if this happens to anyone else
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok this is my 1st post, and this is a strange one, I'm in Michigan just outside Detroit, we seem to have dragon flies landing on our antenna, more then once many times and most days, wife believes it's sucking energy from it, she went to work today and came out at lunch and had a dragon fly on the antenna, she opened the door and it flew inside, love to have been there for that, lol anyways, just curious if this happens to anyone else
Yes! Some here on the forum have mistaken this phenomenon as a bad cable.

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately for the dragonflies, humans came along and started building cars. Some of those cars give off the same pattern of polarized light as water, especially red or dark-colored cars. As far as the dragonflies are concerned, a red or dark car IS a body of water because it gives off the correct light signature. The result is that dragonflies mistake cars for bodies of water and go about doing what they normally do at water: making territories.
dragonflies-on-cars

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Be sure to take time to admire them. They are one of the most efficient predators on the planet!

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok this is my 1st post, and this is a strange one, I'm in Michigan just outside Detroit, we seem to have dragon flies landing on our antenna, more then once many times and most days, wife believes it's sucking energy from it
Perhaps it is a modern insect drone, and inductively charging off of the powered ampllified antenna.

A modern version of this:

YouTube - Nano micro drone

Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
Unfortunately for the dragonflies, humans came along and started building cars. Some of those cars give off the same pattern of polarized light as water, especially red or dark-colored cars. As far as the dragonflies are concerned, a red or dark car IS a body of water because it gives off the correct light signature. The result is that dragonflies mistake cars for bodies of water and go about doing what they normally do at water: making territories.
dragonflies-on-cars
Yep. I used to have a car that dragonflies thought was water. It would be sitting parked and dragonflies would swoop down and touch the hood, probably trying to lay eggs.

MPier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in SE MI as well. Had my Mav since May. Have not experienced this.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
On eastern Long Island, NY, we have a problem with deer landing on our front bumpers and hoods. Hope it doesn't happen if I ever get the Mav!
I saw at least eight one morning this week. Anytime I’m out early I see a few. I’ve hit my fair share too.

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've seen Ducks sitting on black cars, it's like they are looking for a warm spot.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I was a kid, a dragonfly landing on your fishing pole meant you were about to catch something (or so my grandad said), so I've always considered it good luck to have one land on something of yours. So, it's a good sign, enjoy!

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost