First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quick trip down memory lane starts with my first new vehicle - 1966 Ford Falcon for a whopping price of $1,714.00. Since that time almost 57 years ago I have bought about 100 new vehicles for myself, family and some for business. I have had some that only us old folks remember - Nash Metropolitan, Chevy Vega, Chevy Corvair, Henry J, as well as a range from 3/4 ton Pickups with big V8's, diesels, Beamers, Jags, original Mavericks, and the list goes on and on. Looking back, I can honestly say the 22 XLT EB FX4 with Lux, ORP, MR, Tow, etc. is the best bang for the buck of anything I have owned. I presently have it along with Honda CRV EX-L my wife drives, a Kia Niro Hybrid I sometimes drive, a RAM Laramie 1500, but take the Maverick 10 times out of 10 times.

To back it up, I worked on the road for more than 25 years averaging 100,000 mi driving per year until I slowed down two years ago in semi-retirement. Have driven them all on the road, but again, take the Maverick over them all. Yes, some have been more comfortable, some have had more features, some have done a bit better on fuel (not but one or two), but over-all, Maverick is #1. Bottom Line - BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK.

Like it so well, I have ordered 2 Hybrid Lariats for 23 and will get rid of Kia Hybrid and Honda CRV. We will be a 3 Maverick family.

I know some find fault with Ford shenanigans, and so do I, but kudos to whatever engineer came up with this product. I think it will be a winner for years to come. If my Hybrids do not get built by August, I will find another EB somewhere.

Go Mavs - and not talking about Dallas basketball team either.
Sponsored