WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Around the edge and curving around to run across the bottom of the front doors. With my lifestyle don't anticipate ever having passengers in the back seat who will be opening the rear doors from the inside of the cab.

Little protection against being on the receiving end of dings, mostly for protecting others when I traipse out to a parking lot and discover some vehicle next to me parked by a person incapable of grasping the concept of staying between the lines. Amazon link for the guards - 15 feet sufficient to do both front doors on edge and bottom with about a foot and a half left over.

Ford Maverick Door Edge Guards Installed MAV-Home7

And because why not, license plate frames put on which don't advertise the dealership.

Ford Maverick Door Edge Guards Installed MAV-Home6
Sponsored

OP
OP
WannaMav

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any concerns about it coming off?
Seems firmly in place after applying robust fingertip pressure along the length to push it all the way in place.. Has little grippers inside and also a thin metal interior which makes it stable but still capable of bending around curves and corners. Difficult to tell from my picture but what's there is all one continuous piece, curved around the lowest point of the side and thence continuing along the bottom edge of door.

Did perform some very minor prep first (although probably not mandatory).Swiped a dampened microfiber cloth along the narrow area (metal inside as well as outside the door) where the guard would go and then sprayed a clean part of the cloth with a little bit of ceramic coating stuff, applied that to the same narrow area and ran the same cloth over the area again to dry it before pressing the guard into place.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's awesome. I used the same stuff on my hood to avoid having the wipers hit:
(I bought used and it already had two spots they were clearly hitting)

Ford Maverick Door Edge Guards Installed Hood 002

Now I have something to do with the excess!
Does it hinder opening the rear doors with the fronts closed?

Thanks for sharing!

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's awesome. I used the same stuff on my hood to avoid having the wipers hit:
(I bought used and it already had two spots they were clearly hitting)

Hood 002.png

Now I have something to do with the excess!
Does it hinder opening the rear doors with the fronts closed?

Thanks for sharing!
I tend to stay away from these type of mods. Edge guards, over time, will mark the paint all the way down the door. Dirt, sand, and such gets trapped in between the guard and paint and acts like sand paper. If yours does not, then great. I just speak from experience thats it.

Sponsored

Gschaef

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the same product on all 4 doors and it does not affect opening and closing doors in any way. Tap it into place with a rubber mallet and it won’t budge an inch and you can remove it in seconds.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tend to stay away from these type of mods. Edge guards, over time, will mark the paint all the way down the door. Dirt, sand, and such gets trapped in between the guard and paint and acts like sand paper. If yours does not, then great. I just speak from experience thats it.
Unfortunately since I am the second owner, it was already chipped from the previous owner rubbing the windshield wipers across it. This is to prevent it from getting worse. It's a solid rubber with metal grippers and I had to use a rubber mallet to get it on. There is zero wiggle room. But I agree, I would not have it if I felt I didn't need it. The chips were already pretty bad.
Sponsored