First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The light that lights up the back license plate shines on the road below the bumper.. I don't know why but it just kinda bugs me.. Knowing the road below the back bumper is being lit up as ur driving... First thing that pops in my mind is that at night it looks out of the ordinary and might make a cop take a second look at u while driving.
Ford Maverick Does this kinda bug anybody else? 20230324_061527
Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

WUT
Seriously? Plot twist!
I thought for sure this was a complaint about how the F150 license plate lights shine into the backup camera…. But then I realized it was the Maverick forum

I can’t sleep at night knowing my headlights do something similar but in the front
I hope the cops don’t come after me

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Does this kinda bug anybody else? 7226007E-3B99-41DD-9FF7-40151762E48C

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, Lord Have Mercy

Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is exactly why I am camouflaging my Maverick as a school bus…..that should balance out the license plate light spillover…..

you never see cops stopping the short school bus.

OP
OP

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok so I use to have a company 2014 f350 Lariat that was given to me in 2015 with 25k miles on it... It was just the 2 owners and I. All 3 of us drove f350 for work. My 2 bosses were good to me and my f350 was also for me to have as a personal vehicle with the company paying all my personal fuel as well. I use to regularly haul a 25' gooseneck trailer.. With a skid loader or the loader and 3 racks of 4' concrete wall forms...
We sometimes had a 4th person work with us and he use to always ride with me... Most of the work we did was for Verizon wireless putting in new cell tower compounds or working on a existing cell site putting in a foundation for a verizon shelter that holds the computers for that site and entenas on the tower.. We would travel for work.. Based out of Southern Wisconsin we would regularly drive to southern IL., Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, and northern wi. And upper peninsula Michigan..We would travel 1 hr all the way to 10-11hrs drives to get to a job site..
So when it came to tying down the trailers the other guy that would help us use to leave the tail of the straps sometime 7' loose to flap in the wind while driving.. And would get irritated when I would go behind him and wrap up all the tails to the straps so they don't flop in the wind.. So if u pass a state trooper on the interstate what do u think they will look at more closely a nicely tied down trailer or a trailer that has 3 tales to the straps flopping in the wind 7'.
My point to all of that is it would possibly get them to take a second look at u while ur driving... And the would be more likely to pull over a vehicle that makes them look twice at it.. That's my point about the light shining on the road behind the truck while driving

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My point to all of that is it would possibly get them to take a second look at u while ur driving... And the would be more likely to pull over a vehicle that makes them look twice at it.. That's my point about the light shining on the road behind the truck while driving
Paranoid much?