Sponsored

Does the 2.0 have all the vanes in front or are a couple missing like the hybrid?

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes, the eb has shutter in the top and bottom grill openings

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the op is asking if some of the grill shutters on the eco were removed from the factory like they did on the hybrid fire recall. So I just looked, and it appears two shutters have been removed, one on top, one on the bottom. both second from the bottom. I dont know if they were removed, never installed, fell out, or what but they appear to be missing. Hmmm

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes sense that they would switch to a configuration that uses the same assembly rather than having to inventory two versions much like how the Hybrids are pretty much getting the EcoBoost under engine shield now.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the op is asking if some of the grill shutters on the eco were removed from the factory like they did on the hybrid fire recall. So I just looked, and it appears two shutters have been removed, one on top, one on the bottom. both second from the bottom. I dont know if they were removed, never installed, fell out, or what but they appear to be missing. Hmmm
I subscribed to the service manual for 72 hours in order to get some wiring info and I remember being a service bulletin which referenced ford omitting active shutters from production. I mentioned it in another thread and the info was dismissed but it sounds like it was accurate.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I subscribed to the service manual for 72 hours in order to get some wiring info and I remember being a service bulletin which referenced ford omitting active shutters from production. I mentioned it in another thread and the info was dismissed but it sounds like it was accurate.
I wonder if they are doing it so you have some cooling in the event the system fails closed? And to be clear the active shutter system is there they just removed a couple of rows.

Last edited:
Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if they are doing it so you have some cooling in the event the system fails closed? And to be clear the active shutter system is there they just removed a couple of rows.
I didn't read the bulletin so I have no clue, that's just what was in the title of it.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's incase there is a fuel leak under the hood the vapors can escape.
Turns out they did too good of a job sealing the engine compartment.

Fuel leak in an enclosed compartment with heat and sparks... potential "Wham-O".

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know?
Both sets of the shutters on my Ecoboost are present, nothing has been removed. Build date was December of 2021
Sponsored