Sponsored

Does Maverick have universal garage door opener buttons in the visor or mirror?

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the Maverick have universal garage door opener buttons in the visor? Or is this functionality available in the Fordpass app?
Sponsored

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
It does not and it isn’t available through the app. I plan on installing a Gentex auto dining interior mirror with HomeLink immediately when I get my Lariat.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Chamberlin opener with MYQ built in. It is an app that allows me to open or close the garage door. Since my phone is always in its cradle, it is as good as any stand alone opener, even better since I can open or close from anywhere.

Nightman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
It does not and it isn’t available through the app. I plan on installing a Gentex auto dining interior mirror with HomeLink immediately when I get my Lariat.
How's the install process for this with removing the factory mirror? Have you installed one previously?

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
How's the install process for this with removing the factory mirror? Have you installed one previously?
It's pretty straight forward and I plan on taking lots of pictures and writing the process out for anyone interested. I have installed several of these on previous vehicles before.

Sponsored

OP
OP
groovesocket

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a Chamberlin opener with MYQ built in. It is an app that allows me to open or close the garage door. Since my phone is always in its cradle, it is as good as any stand alone opener, even better since I can open or close from anywhere.
I have MyQ smart garage door openers. I can definitely use the MyQ app to open my garage doors, but I prefer to have the functionality in the truck so I don't have to use my phone every time I leave the house and arrive home.

Last edited:

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my Maverick arrives, I actually have two videos planned detailing the install of the three-button bezel in the sun visor and an install video for a Gentex mirror with HomeLink. You can see more about these add-on at the links below:

HomeLink Bezels
https://www.voxxelectronics.com/gentex/homelink/

HomeLink Connect Mirror
https://www.voxxelectronics.com/gentex/homelink-connect/

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
THANKS for the idea. I just installed MYQ last month. I knew the Maverick didn't have the Homelink mirror and just figured I stick the remote that came with the opener in the truck. Never even thought about MYQ.

Jamesscheffer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the Maverick have universal garage door opener buttons in the visor? Or is this functionality available in the Fordpass app?
I have MyQ, which is an app on my phone that operates my garage. I'm guessing I'll be able to use the app though Android Auto?

Equipenquin

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
A best buy technician told me Ford's windshields tend to break easily so he refused to install a rear view mirror monitor I wanted. I don
t if the thing about Fords windshield is true or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
groovesocket

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have MyQ, which is an app on my phone that operates my garage. I'm guessing I'll be able to use the app though Android Auto?
Unfortunately you can't use MyQ through Android Auto. What I've done is connect MyQ and Google Assistant to IFTTT and created a voice command to close the garage door which you can then use in Android Auto. You can't create a door opening command due to security restrictions. So opening the garage door has to be done with the MyQ app.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't you just need the app to open the garage door? My wife uses the app on her iPhone and it opens and closes with no problems out of the box. It must be an Android thing I guess.

OP
OP
groovesocket

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't you just need the app to open the garage door? My wife uses the app on her iPhone and it opens and closes with no problems out of the box. It must be an Android thing I guess.
Yes the MyQ Android app opens and closes the garage door. But MyQ doesn't work with Android Auto. And the only MyQ action that works with Google Assistant is closing the door. The opening command doesn't work with Google Assistant because you don't want anyone to say "Hey Google open the garage door" and be able to get in your house. Wish they would just allow a PIN code to work with the open garage door command like security systems and smart locks work to disarm and unlock with Google Assistant or Alexa.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the MyQ Android app opens and closes the garage door. But MyQ doesn't work with Android Auto. And the only MyQ action that works with Google Assistant is closing the door. The opening command doesn't work with Google Assistant because you don't want anyone to say "Hey Google open the garage door" and be able to get in your house. Wish they would just allow a PIN code to work with the open garage door command like security systems and smart locks work to disarm and unlock with Google Assistant or Alexa.
Thankful I have an iPhone and I refuse to use Google Assistant or Alexa. I don't even like or use Apple CarPlay. I don't like having to plug the phone in to get it to work. Was hoping it would have the SYNC 4 with the wireless connection. But thanks to the chip shortage we got screwed.

I used MYQ today as a matter of fact. I borrowed my sister-in-laws KIA to return some lumber and cement to Home Depot. Didn't have my HomeLink or the remote. Thanks to the hint above, I used MYQ and it worked perfectly.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
what's wrong with using the remotes they provide with your opener? Every time I had an automatic opener installed it came with 2 remotes with clips to put on your visor if wanted.
Sponsored