Sponsored

Does Maverick have universal garage door opener buttons in the visor or mirror?

OP
OP
groovesocket

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

what's wrong with using the remotes they provide with your opener? Every time I had an automatic opener installed it came with 2 remotes with clips to put on your visor if wanted.
Nothing is wrong with using the remotes. I prefer the built in buttons because they only work when the car is turned on. The remotes work all the time, so if someone breaks into your car in your driveway, the remotes can be used to get into your garage. It's happened to neighbors and friends. It's a security issue for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
groovesocket

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thankful I have an iPhone and I refuse to use Google Assistant or Alexa. I don't even like or use Apple CarPlay. I don't like having to plug the phone in to get it to work. Was hoping it would have the SYNC 4 with the wireless connection. But thanks to the chip shortage we got screwed.

I used MYQ today as a matter of fact. I borrowed my sister-in-laws KIA to return some lumber and cement to Home Depot. Didn't have my HomeLink or the remote. Thanks to the hint above, I used MYQ and it worked perfectly.
Everyone's preferences are different. I don't mind plugging in my phone while driving, since it will also be charging. I can use the MyQ app, but I have to pull out my phone to do it. Built in functionality in the vehicle, whether it's buttons or via the touchscreen, is my preference. One less step.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Nothing is wrong with using the remotes. I prefer the built in buttons because they only work when the car is turned on. The remotes work all the time, so if someone breaks into your car in your driveway, the remotes can be used to get into your garage. It's happened to neighbors and friends. It's a security issue for me.
Not necessarily. Our Audi is the first vehicle we’ve had that the homelink is switched. Our Chevys and Toyotas were hot all the time.

Deleted member 1157

I agree, it's so much quicker to press a physical button in the vehicle than to do these 5 additional steps every single time you want to open the garage door:
1) Lifting up your phone
2) Unlocking the screen
3) Finding the MyQ app
4) Open the MyQ app
5) Press the open icon and wait for the door to open

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got little fobs for my garage door that hang on my keychain. I really like them because when I turn into my street I can hit the button and the garage door will be fully open by time I get to the house, which is nice when I'm on my Harley. I agree with you about the security concern, which is why I went to the keychain fobs and away from the provided remotes that lived in the car.

Sponsored

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
On this subject, does anyone know if there is an accessory harness near where the mirror is? If I get an aftermarket auto-dimming/Homelink mirror, I would like for it to be disabled without my fob/key in the vehicle.

I also don't want some customs shop screwing with the existing wiring and interior to hook one up, unless there is a plug they can just tap into.

I know that the typical member may not know, but maybe one of our Ford lurkers may have an idea.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has me wondering - is there any chance the Maverick uses a "System Access Module" design? I would like to add a few accessories. My ancient ride from 08 had a "SAM" fusebox where you could buy 'taps' to add fuses that looked something like this:

Ford Maverick Does Maverick have universal garage door opener buttons in the visor or mirror? 1626919893784

What I liked about this was that they were software controlled so the dealer could program them to be always on, only on when the vehicle is on, or always off individually. The 'taps' (orange piece) was about $20. The only catch was that only 2 slots could handle 30A, the rest were 10A Max, but this was nice to not have to tap into the existing harness or search for which wire to use, or use other taps that hang off an existing fuse slot.

Last edited:

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Does the Maverick have universal garage door opener buttons in the visor? Or is this functionality available in the Fordpass app?
I realize this an old thread but my ‘used’ new CO XLT (666 miles) that I bought off the lot and it had a Homelink mirror already installed, I don’t see any mention of it on the Window Sticker so I’m assuming it was either a dealer installed option or by the original short time owner. Works great once I saw a YouTube video on how to program it.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A best buy technician told me Ford's windshields tend to break easily so he refused to install a rear view mirror monitor I wanted. I don
t if the thing about Fords windshield is true or not.
When I wanted to install the KIA mirror in my Mav, three different local stereo/glass companies refused the job and told me three different wildly stupid stories about why they didn't want the job. One place told me they didn't have the specialized tools to do the job, another said they didn't want to take the chance of burning up the entire electrical system, blah, blah, blah.

There is NOTHING wrong with a Ford windshield. I promise.
Sponsored