Sponsored

Does anyone have the dashcam from Ford Accessories?

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I was thinking of using my fordpass points on this:
https://accessories.ford.com/products/dashcam-140-dash-camera
I found out that same power connector will work with the thinkware camera that comes with a rear facing camera as well, so was going to get this just for the wiring harness and then buy the better camera kit from amazon and use that instead. But does anyone have this and have any thoughts on it? It has good reviews on Amazon...
Sponsored

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am interested in this as well, I was considering the same for my points.

Rusty Nutts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ram 2500, 2017 Indian Roadmaster, 2019 Ural
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought the same one off Amazon for $169. Installed it last weekend and it works well. Hardwired the install to the fuse box like the one on YouTube and works like a champ. I didn't install the extra power like he did but it shows how it all comes apart and how to hook it up to the fuse box. I will see if I can upload some video so you can see it. on the road right now. may be a few days.

Sponsored

Rusty Nutts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you are interested here are a couple clips from the Thinkware F200 camera (the one sold by Ford). Bought on Amazon for $169 and hardwire installed in about an hour. My windows are Ceramic tinted to 20% in the back and 80% on the windshield. Think that's correct. Little darker than factory sides and back and a slight tint on the windscreen. Don't mind the Hail damage and cracked windshield. Anywho, there is a shot with and without direct sunlight. Hope this helps. Enjoy the guy just about taking my front end off.

OP
OP
KenJ45

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you are interested here are a couple clips from the Thinkware F200 camera (the one sold by Ford). Bought on Amazon for $169 and hardwire installed in about an hour. My windows are Ceramic tinted to 20% in the back and 80% on the windshield. Think that's correct. Little darker than factory sides and back and a slight tint on the windscreen. Don't mind the Hail damage and cracked windshield. Anywho, there is a shot with and without direct sunlight. Hope this helps. Enjoy the guy just about taking my front end off.
Man, that guy is an idiot, but sadly, that is NOTHING. I literally just had 2 separate incidents WAY worse than that in the past week alone. One I was driving down a road and someone was making a left turn onto the road, stopped in the median, and pretty much waited until I was right up on him/her (literally no cars in front of me, he/she could have safely gone way before I got there) and then that idiot starts pulling out into the road. I had to swerve (while laying on the horn of course...) to avoid that person, no amount of braking would have stopped in time. Then yesterday on the highway I am slowly passing a guy, not like I came out of nowhere. I was going maybe 1-2mph faster than him/her so I was next to this person for a while, and then this person decided to switch lanes into my lane while I'm literally completely next to this person. I had to slam on my brakes (was on the right lane and small shoulder, not much space to swerve) while laying on the horn to get this person to stop going into my lane. I swear they give out driver's licenses here like candy if you ask nicely or something. How do some of these people have the ability to legally drive???

Rusty Nutts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was the 3rd close call since I got the truck 7 weeks ago. Not including the guy that backed up and hit me right behind the left rear tire. At least we caught him and he was actually insured. This truck is all beat up and not even 2 months old.

OP
OP
KenJ45

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was the 3rd close call since I got the truck 7 weeks ago. Not including the guy that backed up and hit me right behind the left rear tire. At least we caught him and he was actually insured. This truck is all beat up and not even 2 months old.
Wow, at least so far I've managed to evade everyone, haha.

Fluegelmeister

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Cx5, Miata MX5, Spec Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed one right when I got home! I have dual dash cams in all my cars, in 2018, I was hit in my Honda CRV at an intersection after sending the video to the Insurance company they settled in 30 minutes. (literally) In addition the same footage was used in court to help a third driver who was injured. This is one of the easiest things you can do to protect yourself.

Honda CRV Accident

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
KenJ45

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed one right when I got home! I have dual dash cams in all my cars, in 2018, I was hit in my Honda CRV at an intersection after sending the video to the Insurance company they settled in 30 minutes. (literally) In addition the same footage was used in court to help a third driver who was injured. This is one of the easiest things you can do to protect yourself.

Honda CRV Accident
Still waiting for it to be back in stock...

OP
OP
KenJ45

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe this is the same camera. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thinkware F200 PRO
I know which camera it is, you can get it from Amazon. The reason why I'm waiting for the Ford one is because the Ford one comes with an OBD II tap made for the Ford that the one you buy elsewhere won't have. Also I want to use my Fordpass points for it...
Sponsored